Thad Lewis compared to Backups around the league

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes down to it, he may be better than EJ. We need a quarterback.

would you possibly change the statement to say or at least mean:

Thad Lewis may be the better football player in the NFL today but Manuel is the better QB and has a much higher ceiling while Lewis has likely reached or nearly reached his peak.

Edit: That's at least how I see it and I am curious to know if anyone has the same feeling?

Edited by jboyst62

Thad Lewis may be the better football player in the NFL today but Manuel is the better QB and has a much higher ceiling while Lewis has likely reached or nearly reached his peak.

Edit: That's at least how I see it and I am curious to know if anyone has the same feeling?

icon_concur.gif

Lewis may be adequate but I do not want to enter the season with him as a #2. He is quite inconsistent to be our primary backup. I was hoping for a more experienced and steady hand if one were available. Our D is now built to win but as expressed in several other threads, QB is our single point of failure and we cannot hope for EJ to stay healthy/develop significantly .

I will be interested in who becomes available post-draft.

People get too caught up in names when it comes to the backup QB

All you need from a backup is the ability to come into a season and help win maybe 3 games for you a year.....and Thad can do that

BUT

I really agree with everyone that EJ Manuel needs to be hands down the better QB going forward.....and while a rookie last year he plainly was not. Lets hope EJ Manuel continues to improve.

Sorry I can't concur. How can you possibly know that BIG BAD THAD has reached his "peak"? He played decent for us last year, but remember he'd only had 1 start and one season as a backup in Cleveland of all places and one in St Louis before coming here.

He did get us wins in 2 out of 5 starts. D and kicking teams didn't help much in the Cinci game. With a little D help we would have won that one too. the other 2 losses came against NO and NE. Both playoff teams.

I'm cool with Thaddeus as the backup.

I also believe EJ to be the better QB as of right now.

Edited by reddogblitz

IMO, Thad was clearly better than EJ last season, but that's not saying much. Neither is good enough to get you to the playoffs with anything short of the '85 Bears' defense. Still, I can live with Thad as a long-term number 2 so long as we find a viable starter after cutting Manuel this offseason.

IMO, Thad was clearly better than EJ last season, but that's not saying much. Neither is good enough to get you to the playoffs with anything short of the '85 Bears' defense. Still, I can live with Thad as a long-term number 2 so long as we find a viable starter after cutting Manuel this offseason.

THe chances of that are slim and none.....and slim just left town....

Get ready for EJ manuel to get a multiple year look

Sorry I can't concur. How can you possibly know that BIG BAD THAD has reached his "peak"? He played decent for us last year, but remember he'd only had 1 start and one season as a backup in Cleveland of all places and one in St Louis before coming here.

He did get us wins in 2 out of 5 starts. D and kicking teams didn't help much in the Cinci game. With a little D help we would have won that one too. the other 2 losses came against NO and NE. Both playoff teams.

I'm cool with Thaddeus as the backup.

I also believe EJ to be the better QB as of right now.

I'm sorry did Thad just fumble your post?

Thad is a fine back up. All you want from a back up is to split the games when they come in and he went 2-3. That was close, and he has an attitude about him I like. With that said, yes on EJ as the starter. Thad is a back up. That's it.

Let's hope the new QB coach they should have hired last year will help EJ with his mechanics. On that point, I never understood why we didn't have a QB coach last year with a rookie QB. The notion from Marrone that Hacket could do it all made no sense. What team needs more in a QB coach than an incoming rookie who has promise, but is raw. Also, the comment that Hacket can do it all made no sense, as this is first time in the NFL, and he is one step behind a head coach as a coordinator, and at times looked over his head. He has excellent game plans like KC game (it's not his fault Tuel was in way over his head and Graham aka, stone hands), and then not so great plans like the NE game.

Ceiling schmeeling. Nobody knows for sure if Manual will ever be better than he showed. Equally, Thad may also have that yet untapped schmeeling.. We need a QB. One who isn't here yet.