DeSean Jackson released

Yup. IMO, his best bet is to go to a dome or warm weather team. Or play against brooms.

You're right. They used to be a great franchise.

:lol:

He has a big arm though (at least pretty big). He definitely has the biggest arm of the 3 top guys.

I know this is veering off topic for the thread but one more point on this, I can never tell how a guy is going to play in bad weather until they actually do, and so many QBs come from warm weather schools so we don't see them do it until they get to the NFL.As far as Manziel, he has big hands which will help and his mobility will as well. But no idea whether he will be Brady (good) or Manning (meh) when it comes to throwing in the snow/wind. I thought Rodgers might struggle GB coming from Cali and he sure doesn't.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

I know this is veering off topic for the thread but one more point on this, I can never tell how a guy is going to play in bad weather until they actually do, and so many QBs come from warm weather schools so we don't see them do it until they get to the NFL.As far as Manziel, he has big hands which will help and his mobility will as well. But no idea whether he will be Brady (good) or Manning (meh) when it comes to throwing in the snow/wind. I thought Rodgers might struggle GB coming from Cali and he sure doesn't.

Good points. Brady did play at Michigan. Also, Cal isn't cold but it can get breezy there.

It's a three-year deal for DeSean, but for how much?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/02/its-a-three-year-deal-for-desean-but-for-how-much/

eric decker got 15 mil guaranteed, so I say desean got 16 mil guaranteed.

this is a great signing for Washington. plus he gets to play philly twice a year.

heard a stat on the radio today...

desean and calvin Johnson lead the league in passing plays over 40 yards.

as a point of reference, I could only find a link for plays over 20 yards. desean ranks second.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingBigPlays

Edited by papazoid

It's a three-year deal for DeSean, but for how much?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/02/its-a-three-year-deal-for-desean-but-for-how-much/

eric decker got 15 mil guaranteed, so I say desean got 16 mil guaranteed.

this is a great signing for Washington. plus he gets to play philly twice a year.

heard a stat on the radio today...

desean and calvin Johnson lead the league in passing plays over 40 yards.

as a point of reference, I could only find a link for plays over 20 yards. desean ranks second.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingBigPlays

I heard 3 years for $24M with (good call) $16M guaranteed.

I heard 3 years for $24M with (good call) $16M guaranteed.

Same numbers that I heard. I would guess that if the Bills were in fact interested they were unwilling to give a multi-year deal. One year "show me" type offer.

I'm happy that they kicked the tires but also happy that they didn't win this one (as it turned out).

Same numbers that I heard. I would guess that if the Bills were in fact interested they were unwilling to give a multi-year deal. One year "show me" type offer.

I'm happy that they kicked the tires but also happy that they didn't win this one (as it turned out).

I would have liked it if they signed him but, I do not even know if he ever really considered coming here. Nor do I know if the Bills were willing to go as high as the Redskins did. But, he would have been a legitimate #1 receiver and allowed the Bills more flexibility on the upcoming draft. Still, the "baggage" was a bit disconcerting (locker room cancer? Off field risk(s)? ) so, I am not devastated at not getting him. But, the Bills have a lot of cap space left and I do expect them to use it now to lock down players such as Darius and maybe Spiller. My 2 cents.