To Those Who Think We Need Another Linebacker

The best LB will be gone by 9 and the best of the rest won't be there at 41 either... possibly Borland. Maybe Bullough in the 3rd or 4th. Smallwood doesn't excite.

Meh, why even bother.

The best LB last year wasn't gone until pick 46. ;)

And the only LB I'd consider taking at 9 is one who can cover a guy like Gronk. Although he's becoming a china doll, probably from steroids ravaging his body.

And the only LB I'd consider taking at 9 is one who can cover a guy like Gronk. Although he's becoming a china doll, probably from steroids ravaging his body.

That's a pretty lazy assumption to make based on no evidence, and one that must be the bane of the existence of all pro athletes. In this PED era, there has become sort of a red scare pointing fingers without any proof, and the accusation immediately becomes the verdict in the court of public opinion. I don't mean to single you out, I have been guilty of it too, we'd all be naive to think it's not in the spirt.

Perhaps you are thinking about that "low risk, high reward" pickup Marriman.

As for Gronk, what makes you think he's on steroids? Tell us what your evidence is.

That's a pretty lazy assumption to make based on no evidence, and one that must be the bane of the existence of all pro athletes. In this PED era, there has become sort of a red scare pointing fingers without any proof, and the accusation immediately becomes the verdict in the court of public opinion. I don't mean to single you out, I have been guilty of it too, we'd all be naive to think it's not in the spirt.

Perhaps you are thinking about that "low risk, high reward" pickup Marriman.

As for Gronk, what makes you think he's on steroids? Tell us what your evidence is.

What makes me think a pro football player, much less one who is getting injured constantly, is on steroids? Nothing. And yes, he reminds me of Merriman.

I'm pretty surprised at some of the responses. Maybe the no love for Vilma I understand but Angerer is a beast IMO. Why not get another starting LB which we all believe we need and focus more on S, RT, WR, TE in the draft?

From what I assumed, I thought Angerer was fairly young. I might need to double check his bio. Vilma is getting old so I understand but a 1 year deal wouldn't hurt. That way the LB the Bills wanted to draft is off the board, we still can have a productive year and go after our LB in next year's draft when it would become more of a necessity.

There's no guarantee with rookies. At least the two guys I mentioned have a stamp on the game and tape to prove their consistency.