Why the Bills should not pass on Khalil Mack

Bull Run

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2014/3/28/5557240/46-for-46-1-why-you-dont-pass-on-a-local-mac-star

In 2004, a Quarterback from Miami of Ohio by way of Lima, Ohio was on the board as Cleveland picked #6 overall. The Quarterback was Ben Roethlisberger, he had thrown for almost 11,000 yards in 3 years in college, thrown 80 TD passes and in his final year, he led the Redhawks to a MAC Championship and a 13-1 record.

Cleveland passed on Roethlisberger, instead signing veteran Jeff Garcia and drafting a weapon for the QB, tight end Kellen Winslow Jr.

http://www.ubbullrun...-local-mac-star

In 2004, a Quarterback from Miami of Ohio by way of Lima, Ohio was on the board as Cleveland picked #6 overall. The Quarterback was Ben Roethlisberger, he had thrown for almost 11,000 yards in 3 years in college, thrown 80 TD passes and in his final year, he led the Redhawks to a MAC Championship and a 13-1 record.

Cleveland passed on Roethlisberger, instead signing veteran Jeff Garcia and drafting a weapon for the QB, tight end Kellen Winslow Jr.

This is so irrelevant to the Bills and the 2014 Draft. Who cares that the Browns passed on Roethlisberger a decade ago? This is not remotely a 1 to 1 comparison.

Anyway, the Bills won't have a chance to pass on Mack unless they trade up to the top 5, and if they do, the same argument could be made in favor of Sammy Watkins or others.

http://www.ubbullrun...-local-mac-star

Roethlisberger was from Findlay, not Lima...not that is matters. Saw him play is H.S.

In 2004, a Quarterback from Miami of Ohio by way of Lima, Ohio was on the board as Cleveland picked #6 overall. The Quarterback was Ben Roethlisberger, he had thrown for almost 11,000 yards in 3 years in college, thrown 80 TD passes

I don't see Mack putting up those kind of numbers :blink::doh::P

And here I'm thinking you were going to bring up how stupid Cleveland was in drafting Mike Junkin and leaving Shane Conlan for the Bills.

I guess I was wrong.

I was thinking more along the lines of Pete Adams instead of Ray Guy...

Sheeshhh!

Why don't folks think the Falcons will select a TE? They did just lose a future HOFer at that position and didn't replace him yet.

I think it's because there are some very nice options available at TE that are expected to drop into round 2, when the Falcons (again) pick early. No rookie is a lock as a future HOPer, but Jace Amaro,Austin-Severin Jenkinks and Troy Niklas all look like very promising Day 2 options.

If you are in the top 10, you take the best pick available. The way I see it, there are 5 top non-QB players I would sprint to the podium for if they dropped to 9 (Clowney, Watkins, Robinson, Matthews and Mack). I'm expecting at least one QB taken by then, so Atlanta has a strong chance to grab some potent talent.

Going back to the OP, the Bills would probably love Mack at 9, but I highly doubt that is going to happen.