Carrington signed by Rams

FireChan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it matters if we get a comp pick next year or not as it was important to sign good players as I think we did for the majority. Although, on another note, unfortunately I think a lot of our signings were players that could play STs. So, that means we signed a bunch of players to help Crossman's inabilities. We have seen that with ST coaches before.

Regardless, back to my point. How many players have we signed vs been signed away?

I count...Chris Williams, Dixon, Graham, Rivers and Spikes vs. Byrd, Moats and Carrington? So, 5 in and 3 out?

According to Rotoworld, like I predicted, it's a 1-year deal. ;)

That's what I figured. Although I am speculating, I think a lot of teams cooled on him due to contract demands. He was only ever going to get a 1-yr deal.

Unless I am mistaken, I think the Rams run a 4-3. If so, I think it was a strange move to go there-- he would do much better as a 3-4 end.

This isnt a huge loss....

Honestly I dont think we are signing too more of his agents guys

Sounds fine to me .

If the Bills FO are taking a stand of sorts, putting offers on the table for worth and not caving , I am all for it.

Another signal of the Whaley regime ?

Did have hope for the kid as a Buffalo Bill though..

yup - and i dont think we have 2 realistic losses left, yet alone 3 at this point

Correct. The only other player that can be considered a FA loss would be Jim Leonard. So, at this point it is a guaranteed the Bills will have a net loss in FA. I like the players we signed in FA, but it does sting a bit knowing Byrd would've fetched us a 3rd round pick next year had we only signed 2 FA's. Despite some confusion by posters on this board, teams can NOT be awarded a compensatory pick if they have more FA's signed then lost. It doesn't matter how much better the players are that left.....if more enter the building then leave there is NO comp. picks. And if the FA's signed is the same number of FA's that leave the best pick you can get is a 7th rounder. Just wanted to clear that issue up as there seems to still be a sentiment that we could get something for Byrd. We can not.