Bills sign CB Corey Graham--interview on BB.com

In addition to Graham's DB duties as the most likely candidate for slot Corner, he'll also be a great ST gunner in tandem with Easley.

Good point -- I forgot about his special teams ability. Since he (hopefully) won't be a full-time starter for us, he should still be able to contribute heavily on special teams. The Bills get full marks for this signing.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this signing, along with almost everyone else. I'm guessing that Graham will start as the nickel/slot corner. (And make no mistake, that is a starter. All this talk about looking for a 2-down LB should really be about looking for a 1-down LB. Teams only spend 30-40% of the time in "base" personnel with 4 or fewer DBs.) If anyone gets hurt or needs a breather, Robey will come in at the slot, with Graham moving outside unless he's the one who came out. If 2 guys get hurt, then Ron Brooks comes in, and while he's no great shakes, I don't think he's automatic to get torched the way Rogers was last year. I actually really like our depth at CB! (Not really any other positions, though. Maybe D-line or kicker?)

this. i was trying to think of a time that we were ever this deep at cb and i'm failing.

Based on the CB market, it's very possible that Graham could have squeaked out a few extra million going somewhere else. This is one of the rare instances where a FA may have taken a slight discount because the Bills were his first choice.

And yeah, he went to a Probowl as a ST player before. With him, Easley, and Rivers (also a plus ST guy), the excuses are over for Crossman.