Bills sign CB Corey Graham--interview on BB.com

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me if I'm crazy...Robey gets a look at FS.

I think the Bills coaches will view Robey similarly to the way they view Searcy....If it ain't broke don't fix it...

Robey seemed to thrive when he was a situational 3rd or 4th CB...He's a versatile player and quick enough to cover the slot guys...You move Robey and you have to replace what he does, and what he does is kind of unique, not to mention an effective part of the Defense...

Try to put Robey at FS...A position I don't think he's ever played...Certainly not in the NFL...You're take him out of what he does well...I don't think they want to do that at all...They would rather try Williams and Meeks...Two guys who had a combined 60 College starts at Safety... B-)

So, he can cover slot WR's but he can't play center field. Why for? His height has nothing to do with his range, verticle sure, but not range.

Just looked. Byrd's vertical was 35 at his pro day. Robey 37.5 at the combine. Williams 37.5 at the combine.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

I just think his physical stature and quickness are ideal for covering the slot receiver. And he showed he is pretty good at it. If you're gonna move someone id rather move a player who has shown less promise

Still no love for Brooks.. Fine. I'll 'plug' away until he %#!+% or gets off the pot. True, he wasn't a starter @ LSU - the 2 ahead of him were 1st Round picks, but he was sensational and played a lot on defense and was killer on ST's. I still consider him a steal as a 4th Rd pick and he's shown some brilliance, while getting caught anticipating trying to make big plays, then was injured. I'm currently glad he's a Bill and hope we see true seasoning from him this year. If so, I think we're in very good shape on the back end with the Graham signing. Any combinations mentioned here and depth for the inevitable injuries make this area and the DL set, IMO.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I haven't seen anyone bring up the possibility that he's coming in to move Gilmore down the depth chart, not Robey.

I stated that on the Shoutbox. Maybe MCkelvin 1, Graham 2 and Gilmore 3. Could be that Gilmore has 1 more year to show his worth then out the door he goes.

IMO Gilmore has not shown his first round worth just yet. year 3 is upon us and lets hope for a breakout year. Maybe if he cut his hair.

I stated that on the Shoutbox. Maybe MCkelvin 1, Graham 2 and Gilmore 3. Could be that Gilmore has 1 more year to show his worth then out the door he goes.

IMO Gilmore has not shown his first round worth just yet. year 3 is upon us and lets hope for a breakout year. Maybe if he cut his hair.

WTH? Pure Rubbish!

@JeffRussoWKBW

#Bills New CB Corey Graham tells me "It's truly an honor to have an opportunity to come back home and play or the Bills."

Wow. Just wow...

Am I really the only one who thinks that Gilmore has underachieved. Obviously his injured hand affected his play, but often he gets caught out of position. Say what you guys want, but I cant believe Im the only one who thinks this.

The contract that they just gave Graham (4 yrs 16 million) is similar to Mckelvin's ( 4 yrs 20 million) who is a pretty solid starter on our team. Maybe they value Grahams special teams contributions ( I saw he was selected to the Pro-Bowl as a ST) as added value shown in the contract or they possibly view one of the two as a starting FS? I thought Robey did a great job as a nickel corner and depth never hurts.

Am I really the only one who thinks that Gilmore has underachieved. Obviously his injured hand affected his play, but often he gets caught out of position. Say what you guys want, but I cant believe Im the only one who thinks this.

No you're not. He definitely hasn't performed to his draft positioning. Part of that is injury related........but you might be right that fans might be more forgiving than the coaches are of his inconsistency. I've wondered about his focus at times. There is also reason to question his man coverage ability. If he doesn't get his hands on the WR he is in trouble. If he can't flip his hips and run with receivers then it's possible for teams to put receivers in motion and work on him. I have been surprised by how badly he has blown some coverages without getting a good jam. For a big CB like Gilmore it is a fine line between very effective and ineffective when it comes down to speed, quickness and focus.

There are options to convert to safety on the roster and Gilmore is one of them. Ron Brooks is another and perhaps Graham himself might be a fit there. I am hoping Duke Williams plays up to his workout numbers and turns into a good safety but it not they have some options and YES folks, moving Gilmore could be one of them.

No, firechan does too. Does that really make you feel better though?