Jim Kelly treated for cancer recurrence

Thoughts and prayers to the Kelly family. When he was a player I thought that he had the ideal life going on. As the years unfolded and all the things came to light I sit and wonder how much can one person endure? I really wish that this guy could just finish his years out in peace.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez. I'm on such a high from the Bonnies big win that I got to the Buff News site to read more, and there's the story about Jim to totally deflate me.

Thoughts and prayers to all the Kellys!

My first real solid memory of the Bills is Jim Kellys retirement press conference. My mother was a wreck.

It's crazy how sports fans feel this connection to people we don't even know.

Isn't it? Got offered a promotion today and now the day is shot. Can't explain it...

Cancer is a malfunction of the body on a cellular level. To effectively cure it, the answer lies inside the body not poisoning it with chemo and radiation. Fix the problem, fix the body. Continuing to do what caused the cancer in the first place will continue to cause the same issues. It makes almost zero sense how they treat cancer, imho, but I guess when curing something that makes the pharmaceutical companies billions of dollars each year isn't in their best interest. Sad the money towards a "cure" really goes to prolong the length of time they can keep a person alive to treat them with drugs...