Bengals' cheerleaders' gameday rules: No underwear or saggers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's well known what cheerleaders get paid so if she didn't like it why did she even try out or accept becoming a cheerleader?

It's also interesting she didn't mention any of the extra benefits cheerleaders get which I'm sure more then makes up for what they make per game not to mention the chance of just being noticed for being a cheerleader

Edited by Max997

I'm sure I'll be in the minority here, but I think cheerleaders for pro football is kinda embarrassing.

(Don't get me wrong... I sure love beautiful women, but the pro cheerleaders just look like try hards.

Leave it for the college hotties.

flame away

My girlfriend was an NBA dancer and they got paid a lot better than these stories I read. Once she hit a certain number of appearances they paid $35 an hour for appearances, $25 a practice and $65 a game. She was doing about 10 hours of appearances a week so it was actually a pretty good amount of money for a secondary job. It was quite lucrative when All-Star was here a few years back. She was making something like $1k per day for those 3 days (long hours though). In addition, the team went to Europe to Spain and Germany on a charter flight with all expenses paid. It wasn't a career but overall much different from these stories that you are reading from these NFL teams.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's also interesting she didn't mention any of the extra benefits cheerleaders get which I'm sure more then makes up for what they make per game not to mention the chance of just being noticed for being a cheerleader

Couldn't the same be said for the players?

It is kindof ridiculous that these employees of these billion dollar enterprises are paid so little. Especially when they are so prominent in the publicity for the team and league.

Of course they don't seem to have any trouble getting women to try out.

It's well known what cheerleaders get paid so if she didn't like it why did she even try out or accept becoming a cheerleader?

That's still low, and they do a fair amount of free appearances and such. As you said, no ones forcing them but realistically it should be better.

I have a tendency to agree that Cheerleaders are not necessary, except that the game is so slow due to TV commercials that you need to have something to look at for the 30 minutes per game of nothing. Besides what good would that awful music they play in each stadium. They save money on that by only paying one set of royalties.

If the are going to change anything stop that stupid gong noise on 3rd down

NFL players get fined if their socks don't pass muster. I don't mind the pervy dress codes because I think it's time Americans decide whether they're afraid of sex or just doesn't like acknowledging a general preference for somethings most people simply don't have.

That said, the meager allowance these women get and the pay to play schemes they get wrapped into (see: Deadspin, Ravenettes) at downright scammy.

Objectify women all you like and be exclusive as you gotta be in projecting a desired image, just pay them accordingly.