Did the Seahawks spy on the Broncos?

major

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.

And your punishment will be to have referees favor you in every way possible for at least the next decade. Oh, yeah, and Kraft has to wear the same shirt and get sauced at every game.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills had Dan Marino's number, and after talking with the players it was because they studied his every move. So they knew what he was going to do before he did it. This is great coaching and film study IMO.

Anyway .... http://www.cbssports...egraphing-plays

Seahawks defense claim Peyton Manning was telegraphing plays

Edited by FeartheLosing

The Bills had Dan Marino's number, and after talking with the players it was because they studied his every move. So they knew what he was going to do before he did it. This is great coaching and film study IMO.

Anyway .... http://www.cbssports...egraphing-plays

Seahawks defense claim Peyton Manning was telegraphing plays

If you go back to mannings last Super Bowl you'll see porter saying he knew the play before the pick 6 he got and Vilma did an interview this week talking about how by the second week of film study he had picked up a lot of mannings calls/signals/mannerisms.

Just thinking outloud- That manning has such a complex system might be an advantage week to week but make it harder to overhaul for the whole team in season making it easier to crack with the bye.

Edit: here's a link to the Vilma article last week:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/28/5354902/super-bowl-xlviii-jonathan-vilma-peyton-manning

Edited by NoSaint

If you go back to mannings last Super Bowl you'll see porter saying he knew the play before the pick 6 he got and Vilma did an interview this week talking about how by the second week of film study he had picked up a lot of mannings calls/signals/mannerisms.

Just thinking outloud- That manning has such a complex system might be an advantage week to week but make it harder to overhaul for the whole team in season making it easier to crack with the bye.

Edit: here's a link to the Vilma article last week:

http://www.sbnation....-peyton-manning

Does anyone else think its weird to take a 2 week break for the SB? I always thought that was strange. I think it should be just like every other game - one week in between

Does anyone else think its weird to take a 2 week break for the SB? I always thought that was strange. I think it should be just like every other game - one week in between

no stranger than a 29 minute half time. i get the production of the whole thing- wanting time to have media events, give fans time to plan travel, all the reasons for 2 weeks make sense.... but i agree that id like if the standard routines were a bit less broken.

Someone asked the question today: could the hawks have spied on the Broncos? They compared it to St. Louis vs. New England Super Bowl. The caller's point was that it appeared the Hawks knew exactly what the Broncos were going to do.

Sorry, not buying it. Bad Mojo was on from the get go.

Did spying cause the bad snap to start the game.

Did spying cause the Donks rcvrs for not gaining YAC?

Did spying cause the crowd noise to be so loud Manning couldn't get to Omaha if he held up a sign?

As to telegraphing

when you win big you can say pretty much what you want be it truth or not.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

IMO, w/regard to the Pats*, I think they were hacking into other team's headsets. That would be major if it was proven and exposed... Probably why they detroyed the evidence. Still would be major if anybody is proven to do it now...

When did The League go wireless? What year?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

IMO, w/regard to the Pats*, I think they were hacking into other team's headsets. That would be major if it was proven and exposed... Probably why they detroyed the evidence. Still would be major if anybody is proven to do it now...

The Pats weren't hacking headphones what was reported was they were "radioing" Tom Brady after the 15 second play clock had to be cut off. So Brady had a 2nd radio. This was reported by Chris Mortenson who heard this from a source. The source was told by Doug Flutie who in a 2005 heard the radio from Brady's backup helmet.

Mortenson's blog post was put up a day after SpyGate broke & was removed from ESPN within 24 hours of posting.

Edited by BigCountryBills

The Pats weren't hacking headphones what was reported was they were "radioing" Tom Brady after the 15 second play clock had to be cut off. So Brady had a 2nd radio. This was reported by Chris Mortenson who heard this from a source. The source was told by Doug Flutie who in a 2005 heard the radio from Brady's backup helmet.

Mortenson's blog post was put up a day after SpyGate broke & was removed from ESPN within 24 hours of posting.

EII didnt say his theory was based in any reports.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Story?id=99050

somewhere around the turn of the century

http://www.cbssports...e-to-start-game

Welker: We didn't prepare well for crowd noise to start game

WR Wes Welker admitted that he and his teammates weren't prepared for the noise during their first drive, which sounds more like a rookie mistake than something a veteran might say.

Sherman now saying that the real SB was the NFCC game.

Ouch. I love this guy.

he's a dumbass

if so then the best SB match up was SF and Carolina.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Heard a few of the defenders talking about all the time they spent studying film. Shouldn't accuse them of spying because they did their homework.

Yup. 43-8 was a pretty good representation of the game planning/coaching blowout.

I have always found this to be a problem with the pure no huddle offenses. On the road it's all hand signals. Teams watch tons of film so they will figure it out.

Also Peyton has tendencies which are unchecked because he calls stuff real time. Remember the pick 6 vs New Orleans the guy jumped the route because he was expecting it.

If Denver's is back next year, I'd consider huddling and having some plays called in, just to switch up and vary what the defense sees and expects.

I especially see merit in slowing it down when you are getting you teeth kicked in.... At least until you make a few consecutive positive plays under your belt.