Did the Seahawks spy on the Broncos?

major

http://www.cbssports...e-to-start-game

Welker: We didn't prepare well for crowd noise to start game

WR Wes Welker admitted that he and his teammates weren't prepared for the noise during their first drive, which sounds more like a rookie mistake than something a veteran might say.

he's a dumbass

if so then the best SB match up was SF and Carolina.

If you're joking, that's not even clever....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're joking, that's not even clever....

about which part?

about him being a dumbass?

The SB being a NFC conference game?

Why not the AFC conference game of Denver vs NE?

the SB is the SB, the conference game is just that a conference game.

At least I didn't delve into the conspiracy theories like Seattle using HGH or similar banned drugs.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Which makes me wonder, why could no other team could do this?

The working theory is that John Fox didn't not run the team practices with crowd noise because i his experience Super Bowls were not loud. Maning reverted to hand signals unexpectedly and they were the same signals used in prior games due to the fact they didn't think they would use them.

Thinking along these same lines, I'm wondering why Seattles' defense seemed to be so much better than anything I'v seen all year? I mean, the physical talent level between teams isn't THAT different, is it? Are they just "smarter" at guessing & covering routes? Sure, some teams DO indeed have less talent....take for example Denver's tackling efforts during the SB, LOL....but I'm talking about the top defenses. Shouldn't they be pretty close to what Seattle has been able to do? I watched a lot of games last year, and I rarely saw any defense even come close to that level of dominance, AND that was against the very best offense too.

Edited by John in Jax

Well, he did say they deciphered his hand signals for audibles.

If the place weren't so @#!$%%! loud due to all the bodaciously boisterous Seasnakes fans, Peyton could have stuck with talkin' and maybe that would have been harder to decipher

Thing is, the Broncos O better get busy during the off-season, because if by intensive film and on field study someone has done it, there are 30 other NFL teams that figgur they can do it to.

Remember in the late 80's (IIRC) when they were going to call penalties on the home team, if the crowd was too loud? :lol:

IIRC, they actually did call it a few times...first time was a warning, as I recall, next time they would take a timeout away from the home team....that rule just kind of faded away... it is only a matter of time before every player is wearing a radio helmet...along with all their concussion proof padding..

Edited by Buftex

The Pats weren't hacking headphones what was reported was they were "radioing" Tom Brady after the 15 second play clock had to be cut off. So Brady had a 2nd radio. This was reported by Chris Mortenson who heard this from a source. The source was told by Doug Flutie who in a 2005 heard the radio from Brady's backup helmet.

Mortenson's blog post was put up a day after SpyGate broke & was removed from ESPN within 24 hours of posting.

Weren't the jamming teams too? @ The Razor? Didn't the Vikings complain?

Did one of you guys grab the microphone during Malcolm Smith's post game press conference?

Wrong forum, those guys are killing each @ that other place! Why don't you shoot over there and say hello!

;-P ;-P

Weren't the jamming teams too? @ The Razor? Didn't the Vikings complain?

Wrong forum, those guys are killing each @ that other place! Why don't you shoot over there and say hello!

;-P ;-P

Been a while...I just may.

Thinking along these same lines, I'm wondering why Seattles' defense seemed to be so much better than anything I'v seen all year? I mean, the physical talent level between teams isn't THAT different, is it? Are they just "smarter" at guessing & covering routes? Sure, some teams DO indeed have less talent....take for example Denver's tackling efforts during the SB, LOL....but I'm talking about the top defenses. Shouldn't they be pretty close to what Seattle has been able to do? I watched a lot of games last year, and I rarely saw any defense even come close to that level of dominance, AND that was against the very best offense too.

The Seahawks have the best D backfield I have seen in quite some time, they also have a very good front 7.

Now stay with me please because I might just blow the foil right off of your head.

The Broncos run a pass heavy offense.

The Broncos best running back is Moreno, he is also a big part of the passing game since he catches passes very well and is an excellent pass blocker. He was injured for most of the game.

The Broncos pass blocking has not been tested thoroughly since Manning gets rid of the ball so fast.

The Broncos WR usually get YAC since there is an added emphasis on rushing the passer as well as not facing a defense that defends the pass as well as SEA.

Now when you look at facts instead of assumptions it is easier to come to logical conclusions.

The Seahawks have the best D backfield I have seen in quite some time, they also have a very good front 7.

Now stay with me please because I might just blow the foil right off of your head.

The Broncos run a pass heavy offense.

The Broncos best running back is Moreno, he is also a big part of the passing game since he catches passes very well and is an excellent pass blocker. He was injured for most of the game.

The Broncos pass blocking has not been tested thoroughly since Manning gets rid of the ball so fast.

The Broncos WR usually get YAC since there is an added emphasis on rushing the passer as well as not facing a defense that defends the pass as well as SEA.

Now when you look at facts instead of assumptions it is easier to come to logical conclusions.

Still, best secondary or not, SEA gets away w/a lot. No way a team like BFLO gets away w/it. Maybe that is why they are the best, they can take the risks. Like one poster said: "cost of doing business" is you are only called a few times a game for a holding or PI penalty. Get called a bunch and it changes the way a team plays! Less aggressive, skill goes down because one is not being challenged, taking chance, and playing @ their absolute best.

Still, best secondary or not, SEA gets away w/a lot. No way a team like BFLO gets away w/it. Maybe that is why they are the best, they can take the risks. Like one poster said: "cost of doing business" is you are only called a few times a game for a holding or PI penalty. Get called a bunch and it changes the way a team plays! Less aggressive, skill goes down because one is not being challenged, taking chance, and playing @ their absolute best.

I was replying to the "Seahawks knew all crowd" but as for your opinion I would say it is a more cost/benefit equation, if the refs won't call it then why not do it? I bet the Seahawks got away with 36 points worth of cheating just like all the Bills super bowl opponents did.

I was replying to the "Seahawks knew all crowd" but as for your opinion I would say it is a more cost/benefit equation, if the refs won't call it then why not do it? I bet the Seahawks got away with 36 points worth of cheating just like all the Bills super bowl opponents did.

Most certainly! But, it isn't cheating. Just conditioning by the refs that make them the best! They are most certainly the best, not because they cheated, far from it, but because they are given the chance to excel and be aggressive.

Most certainly! But, it isn't cheating. Just conditioning by the refs that make them the best! They are most certainly the best, not because they cheated, far from it, but because they are given the chance to excel and be aggressive.

I wonder what Richard Sherman would be like if he didn't hold on nearly every play. What would happen if he got flagged 10 times a game and had to lay off. What if he got flagged for PI when he got in front of the WR and stopped? How good would he be then? I wonder.

I wonder what Richard Sherman would be like if he didn't hold on nearly every play. What would happen if he got flagged 10 times a game and had to lay off. What if he got flagged for PI when he got in front of the WR and stopped? How good would he be then? I wonder.

I am sure the NFL is not aware of the complaints of every fan base/team in regards to Sherman.

He has elite size, speed and was a WR up until college so it may just be that he understands the WR position and spends more time watching tape than most, that is my guess.

Seattle's front 4 collapsed the pocket consistently into what would amount to a noose comprised of about 9 players averaging 300 lbs. a piece. Plus, when they got their hands up to knock down a pass they were literally a few feet away. Manning was crushed psychologically throughout the first quarter, and the O-line was straight man handled. The Broncos obviously came in thinking that they were gonna run September's offense and ride Manning's arm to Disney World. The Sea Hawks to a man literally seized this opportunity and played full speed with anger. Some teams know how to capitalize on a bye week, some teams do not.

He would still be the best because all good CBs do exactlty the same thing. Gilmore tries to do it but he's too clumsy and blatant.

about which part?

about him being a dumbass?

The SB being a NFC conference game?

Why not the AFC conference game of Denver vs NE?

the SB is the SB, the conference game is just that a conference game.

At least I didn't delve into the conspiracy theories like Seattle using HGH or similar banned drugs.

The bolded part. Carolina.

Edited by Mr. WEO

He (Sherman) would still be the best because all good CBs do exactlty the same thing. Gilmore tries to do it but he's too clumsy and blatant..

I disagree. But it's not just Sherman. It's all the Seahawk DBs. It's their philosophy. Hold and interfere all the time. Refs aren't going to call it on every play. They've even said as much in newspaper interviews. I know this article has been posted earlier. If you haven't read it, you should. You'll find that HOF Warren Moon, 2 time SB winner OC Kevin Gilbride, Brock Huard, and ex Head of NFL Officials Miker Pereira all say the same thing.