Did the Seahawks spy on the Broncos?

major

No. This is wrong. I got no problem w/playing a certain way, but call all games fair and consistent with how the rules are applied during the season. Call the Super Bowl the same way as a game in September. That they are not doing and that is where I get heartburn. It isn't manufactured, the subjectiveness is obvious. Maybe DEN was naive to think they could go into the SB the same way as week 3, that is where they effed up... Not realizing The League is grossly inconsistent and subjective

As others have pointed out to you and the other guy who started a thread on this topic--this is simply not true.

Maybe Denver could have watched the Seattle-SF game 2 weeks before. Or the Seattle-NO game the week before that. Hell, all they had to do is read any of the countless articles about Seattle's Tenacious D and how they "bend the rules" all season long.

All of this "the refs called the game differently in the SB" is nonsense--and it makes absolutely no sense. You can't claim that the the way the Seattle D cheats is by getting extra grabby and forcing the refs to not make PI or holding calls----and then claim "the refs called the SB differently" when the Seattle got extra grabby and the refs did not call PI and holding.

They were not just outplayed. They were agrresively outcoached and Fox was exposed as an empty uniform.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have pointed out to you and the other guy who started a thread on this topic--this is simply not true.

Maybe Denver could have watched the Seattle-SF game 2 weeks before. Or the Seattle-NO game the week before that. Hell, all they had to do is read any of the countless articles about Seattle's Tenacious D and how they "bend the rules" all season long.

All of this "the refs called the game differently in the SB" is nonsense--and it makes absolutely no sense. You can't claim that the the way the Seattle D cheats is by getting extra grabby and forcing the refs to not make PI or holding calls----and then claim "the refs called the SB differently" when the Seattle got extra grabby and the refs did not call PI and holding.

They were not just outplayed. They were agrresively outcoached and Fox was exposed as an empty uniform.

Manning was also exposed as a Big Game Chump, but some of us already knew that.

OMAHA!

The Super One is Always officiated differently of course. Its common sense .

Everyone is on stage. Its the Big Show. No nose pickin or spittin allowed !

That said, Fox did have no response to Carroll's game.

anybody remember what Burger King was called before it was Burger King ?

I think i have said too much

OMAHA!

Dumb post by probably the dumbest poster on this board. We get it, you don't like P.Manning. Fine. Did you watch the game? It wouldn't have mattered if it was the SB or week 3. That was easily one of the worst team performances ever in a Supe. Manning made one terrible throw (INT by Chancellor). The OL was whipped by mostly 4 rushers and no WR's made any plays or broke any tackles. Perhaps D.Thomas could have had a TD on one of the INT's, but Manning's arm was hit by two defenders. Anyway, it was flat out domination in every phase. Give the 'Hawk's D credit. This game was not about the QB's. SEA would have won easily if P Manning was their QB, and DEN would have lost with Wilson, Brady, or Montana in his prime, for that matter. This season, Manning won two playoff games, outplaying Brady in the title game.These were "Big games", no? Oversimplification is truly for dummies. The Broncos are probably a 6 or 7 win team without P.Manning. There is a reason he got 49 of 50 votes for MVP (the lone other vote going to T. Brady, by a Boston area sportswriter no doubt). SEA probably makes the playoffs with any decent QB. R. Wilson got his usual 200 yds or so. Is he now a great "big game QB"? Or does the elite D enable him to do very little and win? Look at P Manning vs "big game" Brady. The home team has now won every meeting between them. They play again in 2014....@ Foxborough yet again. That makes 3 in a row in NE. I thought that was not supposed to happen, but whatever. So slip back to the basement in your underwear and call up Colin Cowherd to rejoice over your conclusion that P.Manning is somehow not a great QB. The reality is that he often has had an inferior team(and Coach) to his opponent as the games get bigger and the team on the other side gets better. Much of his record vs NE was compiled on the road early in his career when NE had a great defense. Since 2004, Brady and Manning have identical playoff records, except that Manning got a SB win and TB didn't. But don't let that fact get in the way of a good story. Continue your comfort in what you think you "know". Most of the rest of us know otherwise. Peyton Manning is a great QB, and if I had to choose a QB to win one game, I'd take him over any QB playing today.

OMAHA!

Unfortunately this is true. It's interesting that the last decade has produced so many young SB winning QB's. These guys seem to have brass balls in big games and I think a lot of that is just getting there young and not having that baggage of having never won before. Manning took a long time to even get to a SB and I think those experiences getting his lunch handed to him in the playoffs early in the 2000's have had a carryover effect where he has doubt in his mind that isn't there in low pressure situations. Jim Kelly had it too. It used to be pretty common but for the most part we have seen some pretty well matched QB's in the SB's in recent years and the games have been mostly close as a result. Blowouts and QB's with "bitter super bowl face" like Jimbo were usually the norm on the other side of those blowouts. It will be interesting to see which direction Kaepernick goes after missing both a SB victory and another SB berth by the outstretched fingers of a CB. Will it get in his head?

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

Unfortunately this is true. It's interesting that the last decade has produced so many young SB winning QB's. These guys seem to have brass balls in big games and I think a lot of that is just getting there young and not having that baggage of having never won before. Manning took a long time to even get to a SB and I think those experiences getting his lunch handed to him in the playoffs early in the 2000's have had a carryover effect where he has doubt in his mind that isn't there in low pressure situations. Jim Kelly had it too. It used to be pretty common but for the most part we have seen some pretty well matched QB's in the SB's in recent years and the games have been mostly close as a result. Blowouts and QB's with "bitter super bowl face" like Jimbo were usually the norm on the other side of those blowouts. It will be interesting to see which direction Kaepernick goes after missing both a SB victory and another SB berth by the outstretched fingers of a CB. Will it get in his head?

Manning looked very nervous indeed before the game started... and the "bitter Super Bowl face" came out in full after the disastrous first play. The game was for all intents and purposes over at that point. The Broncos needed to rally behind their leader, but their leader was lost in a daze. The rest of the team responded accordingly, and the Seahawks fed on that.

Manning is probably the greatest QB ever when it comes to preparation for a game. He is very robotic in nature though, and in times when things don't go according to plan, he isn't very spontaneous at all. Much of that is mental, but some of that is due to his physical limitations (ie. lack of mobility & arm strength), particularly at this late stage of his career. Kaep being a physical freak of nature is better equipped IMO to make things happen in those tough situations where Manning often fails. It's early, but he also appears to have an advantage in leadership traits. Barring serious injury, I can see him getting multiple rings before his career is over, but only time will tell.

Dumb post by probably the dumbest poster on this board. We get it, you don't like P.Manning. Fine. Did you watch the game? It wouldn't have mattered if it was the SB or week 3. That was easily one of the worst team performances ever in a Supe. Manning made one terrible throw (INT by Chancellor). The OL was whipped by mostly 4 rushers and no WR's made any plays or broke any tackles. Perhaps D.Thomas could have had a TD on one of the INT's, but Manning's arm was hit by two defenders. Anyway, it was flat out domination in every phase. Give the 'Hawk's D credit. This game was not about the QB's. SEA would have won easily if P Manning was their QB, and DEN would have lost with Wilson, Brady, or Montana in his prime, for that matter. This season, Manning won two playoff games, outplaying Brady in the title game.These were "Big games", no? Oversimplification is truly for dummies. The Broncos are probably a 6 or 7 win team without P.Manning. There is a reason he got 49 of 50 votes for MVP (the lone other vote going to T. Brady, by a Boston area sportswriter no doubt). SEA probably makes the playoffs with any decent QB. R. Wilson got his usual 200 yds or so. Is he now a great "big game QB"? Or does the elite D enable him to do very little and win? Look at P Manning vs "big game" Brady. The home team has now won every meeting between them. They play again in 2014....@ Foxborough yet again. That makes 3 in a row in NE. I thought that was not supposed to happen, but whatever. So slip back to the basement in your underwear and call up Colin Cowherd to rejoice over your conclusion that P.Manning is somehow not a great QB. The reality is that he often has had an inferior team(and Coach) to his opponent as the games get bigger and the team on the other side gets better. Much of his record vs NE was compiled on the road early in his career when NE had a great defense. Since 2004, Brady and Manning have identical playoff records, except that Manning got a SB win and TB didn't. But don't let that fact get in the way of a good story. Continue your comfort in what you think you "know". Most of the rest of us know otherwise. Peyton Manning is a great QB, and if I had to choose a QB to win one game, I'd take him over any QB playing today.

It's not oversimplification.

Strange you would make this about Brady. Since the '04 season ended, Brady's playoff record is 9-8 and Manning's is 8-7 (but hey, don't let that fact get in the way of your non factual "facts"). During that time span, Manning led teams were "one and done" in the playoffs 5 times (out of 8), compared to 2 for Brady. So, a discussion about Manning's performance in big games isn't as dumb as you are struggling to make it sound.

And the Broncos were and 8-8 team without Manning--with Tebow.

No boatdrinks for you.

Buckwheats for you...

Sherman came out and said other NFL players helped him decipher Manning's hand signals. Why would they help another team? Jealousy of Manning or hatred of Elway?

Or maybe a college teammate and friend of Sherman? One who replaced and is playing under the immense shadow of Peyton Manning? No idea where the info came from, but that would be my first guess. They played the Broncos well during the regular season. David Shaw has done an excellent job of keeping former players like Sherman and Luck close to the program. Shaw attended the Super Bowl and celebrated with Sherman and Doug Baldwin after the game.

I don't think intercepting Peyton's hand signals made much of a difference. With Seattle up big, they already knew Peyton was going to throw the ball and they already knew he couldn't beat them deep.

Edited by Kingdome