Did the Seahawks spy on the Broncos?

major

Someone asked the question today: could the hawks have spied on the Broncos? They compared it to St. Louis vs. New England Super Bowl. The caller's point was that it appeared the Hawks knew exactly what the Broncos were going to do.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone asked the question today: could the hawks have spied on the Broncos? They compared it to St. Louis vs. New England Super Bowl. The caller's point was that it appeared the Hawks knew exactly what the Broncos were going to do.

Take away short routes and pressure Peyton before the deeper routes developed? Don't need no spying for that.

For what it is worth, there is an article on Bleacher Report (TBD doesn't allow links to Bleacher Report), where Richard Sherman claims that the Seahawks deciphered Peyton Mannings hand signals.

Edit:

Here it is from another source:

http://www.sfgate.co...Out-5201237.php

"'We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half.'

"He demonstrates the signs Manning used for various routes, and says he and his teammates were calling out plays throughout the game and getting them right. 'Me, Earl [Thomas], Kam [Chancellor]… we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds,' Sherman says. 'Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could’ve been exposed.'"

Edited by Buftex

LOL, I told someone this was gonna come up after they beat them so bad.

No, I don't think they could have nor did spy on them. They just are a very good team and waaaay more physical and dominated every line of scrimmage, every facet of the game, and hit them every second of the game and had a better game plan based on their preparation for Manning and the Broncos. Thats how you beat timing teams who play with finesse...hit em in the mouth.

PS: Spy Gate is still over exaggerated in terms of the impact it had. And if anyone thinks for a second the Pats were the only team doing it, then I have some magic beans to sell you. There is a reason coaches cover their mouths, because everyone on the other side of the field is doing anything and everything to get information from their opponent, including reading lips.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Heard a few of the defenders talking about all the time they spent studying film. Shouldn't accuse them of spying because they did their homework.

No, I don't think they could have nor did spy on them. They just are a very good team and waaaay more physical and dominated every line of scrimmage, every facet of the game, and hit them every second of the game and had a better game plan based on their preparation for Manning and the Broncos. Thats how you beat timing teams who play with finesse...hit em in the mouth.

PS: Spy Gate is still over exaggerated in terms of the impact it had. And if anyone thinks for a second the Pats were the only team doing it, then I have some magic beans to sell you. There is a reason coaches cover their mouths, because everyone on the other side of the field is doing anything and everything to get information from their opponent, including reading lips.

reading lips is completely different from what SpyGate was all about.

I agree with you that there's not a snowballs chance in hell that not every single team in the NFL wasn't doing some sort of it. But to win 3 SuperBowls by a total of 9 points is hardly "over exaggerated". Any help and information helped for those SBs. Without that I do they could very easily be 0-5.

Reading lips is one thing. Having someone on another teams sideline during the game taping their hand signals is another. The fact that Goodell had someone destroy the evidence before an investigation could even be conducted should speak volumes about how bad it really was

Reading lips is one thing. Having someone on another teams sideline during the game taping their hand signals is another. The fact that Goodell had someone destroy the evidence before an investigation could even be conducted should speak volumes about how bad it really was

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.

And for that he got a slap on the wrist in comparison to The saints. Cheating by putting people intentionally on the season ending dl is no different