A List For Future SB Half Time Entertainment

T master

That's wha they did with theRHCP. They didn't even plug in their guitars.

Bruno’s bassist posted this:

“All instruments at Super Bowl half time shows are prerecorded. Have been for a good many years. It isn’t feasible to soundcheck everyone in the amount of time they have and too many things can go wrong. You might be able to take two minutes to fix something at a regular concert, but two minutes at the Superbowl is millions and millions of dollars down the drain. The NFL isn’t willing to take that risk”

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's wha they did with theRHCP. They didn't even plug in their guitars.

I guess you haven't seen live music lately. For about the last 10, 20 years no one plugs in their guitars. That would be like singing thru a megaphone. The tech has moved on. That said, music at halftime is pre-recorded anyway.

I guess you haven't seen live music lately. For about the last 10, 20 years no one plugs in their guitars. That would be like singing thru a megaphone. The tech has moved on. That said, music at halftime is pre-recorded anyway.

I think you missed the point. They weren't playing the instruments

foo fighters shud be next.. the chili peppers are awesome that show wudve been way better if it was just them in a full set and not bruno..

interesting that the OP throws john mayer into to the mix after saying new sucks and rattling off several half dead performers haha

Before the last couple of Super Bowls when they had some really good talent like Aerosmith, The Who, Paul McCartney, Madonna, i distinctly remember people here saying they need to move on from all the grampa type bands & get some younger newer talent - well how is that working ??

As far as i can see it sucks ! Beyoncey was less than spectacular although she did look great , The Black Eyed Peas SUCKED ! Bruno Mars was EH OK but not great by any means & the Chile Peppers never did like them !

Here are some bands that i haven't seen as of yet, AC/DC would be a great half time show ! Joe Walsh - Eric Clapton - Aerosmith one more time - Garth when he comes back . Has KISS ever done it ? John Mayer - Eagles - Chicago with Peter Cetera - Johnny Lang - Ted Nugent .

Can't think of more but i know there are some so i'll leave it from here for you all to complain about my choices & add some of your own ...

Eric Clapton, Chicago, John Mayer? We're all to make love during the halftime show???

I can see what type of music you like.

Bruno Mars was great. He has hits and he performed them well. Honestly, nuff said.

Ps. How about Blondie (which is whitey about now), Credence Clearwater Reburied, Journey to white pubes, Foreigner, or even Revelation (oops, I meant Genesis).

All these groups were great. However, instead of the teen-25 year old fan in front of the stage, they would be replaced with oxygen tubes, nurses, and wheelchairs. Are you ok with that???

I love love love Tom Petty. But it was kind of sad. No more aging acts. Let's take Red Hot C. I grew up listening to this. I'm 34. They were in their prime in my high school days. But even they need a reality check. Still rocking without a shirt?? I appreciate them staying true to their roots... But can we get some progression please??? Their act was outdated imo or to a minimum, not superbowl ready.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

I think the Prince halftime show was the best I saw so far.

But Bruno Mars got it in. I really enjoyed that show. Did a James Brown move, that was impressive in itself.

Would love to have seen Micheal Jackson do it again ( Bills- Cowboys) , but sadly we can't now.

Female artists I'd like to see

Pink

Gwen Stefani

Katy Perry

Bruno Mars was great. He has hits and he performed them well. Honestly, nuff said.

Ps. How about Blondie (which is whitey about now), Credence Clearwater Reburied, Journey to white pubes, Foreigner, or even Revelation (oops, I meant Genesis).

Blondie has lost her sex appeal. with that list you might as well say Pink Floyd

How about Heart? They sang Stairway to Heaven at the JFK Honors and still sound as good as they did 40 years ago. Ann Wilson sang The Star Spangled Banner at the NFC Championship and was fantastic.

One other realistic possibility that I haven't seen mentioned is One Republic. It seems like the NFL wants pop stars with multiple hits and a few years of fame. Katy Perry is still my guess but Taylor Swift, One Republic, Maroon 5, Lady Gaga (maybe too controversial) and Macklemore are other possibilities IMO. I would take that group and give the field if we were betting.

I just don't get people gushing over a glorified air guitar performance.

I have nothing against Bruno Mars, and I understand why it's not live, but I'm trying to figure out how he "nailed it", "knocked it out of the park" , or any of these other superlatives I have heard from people. He danced pretty well (I have seen LOTS of people dance as well in night clubs), the outfits were nice, but again nothing really notable, the sidemen pretended to play pretty well, etc., but how do you really judge this stuff?

Was the "spectacle" that "spectacular"?

What are people looking for in these displays?

I know why the NFL does it, but I don't know how to evaluate the performances, except to note if they went smoothly, without glitches.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Wrong.

BTW I eat dinner at halftime so I don't really care who they have.

Edited by Chef Jim

One other realistic possibility that I haven't seen mentioned is One Republic. It seems like the NFL wants pop stars with multiple hits and a few years of fame. Katy Perry is still my guess but Taylor Swift, One Republic, Maroon 5, Lady Gaga (maybe too controversial) and Macklemore are other possibilities IMO. I would take that group and give the field if we were betting.

I don't think swift will get it- but otherwise, yea I'd agree that atleast one of the others will be on the stage.

Katy Perry's success with "roar" is probably just edgy enough of an anthem that organizers will consider it to have some crossover appeal. Throw in the easy show of fireworks during that firework song and a few of her collaborations offering opportunity for big guests - that is where my money is if I had to pick one.

one republic played the nfl honors show last year - not that it means anything one way or the other

Edited by NoSaint

All those seem like likely choices. I think The Fray would be in the mix as well. I could also see them thinking of Neon Trees. The name isn't as big yet, but the songs are all over commercials and movies.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

not sure if main stream America would go for this but I like it. Remember they did play a series of concerts with the San Francisco Philharmonic back in 1998 and they just played the Grammy s with classic pianist Lang Lang. They can be heavy but they can also be very versatile.

America will live, we've put up with so many pop shows it makes one sick, need a little metal to balance it out.

Pearl Jam would be excellent, but I do not believe they would ever agree to do a Super Bowl.

Foo Fighters

U2 Again, as the last time was great

RHCP?

Green Day seems like an obvious choice for one

I do think Metallica would be good. (Lol at the totally accurate Ice Cube quote above)

Bruno Mars was a good find though

A little Alice in Chains would be great