Richard Sherman post game -- 'nuff said!

cage

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That interview was great. Although, I hope Manning makes him look silly next week. As one poster said, Crabtree beat him, Kap tried to hard to force the ball in. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with either Kap or Wilson during that game. Neither looked that great, floating balls, etc. Brady for that matter as well. The only QB who played lights out was Manning. The D's were all over yesterday.

Yes he's a good player. As for his comments and his taunting/choke sign, punk.

I can't help but assume that Crabtree was jawing the whole game and Sherman was just getting in the last word. Was it last week against the Panthers he had all their CB's worked up as well jawing-before and during the game? Not that any of that justifies Sherman's actions, but I can see how it would be nice to rub it in a bit.

That rant just solidified my opinion of the Seahawks. They're an excellent team with an outstanding defense and great young QB, but they talk WAY too much. Yes, they can back it up, but it makes me wonder about how much control Pete Carroll has over this team where they shoot their mouth off like that. At least Russell Wilson has some class.

I can't help but assume that Crabtree was jawing the whole game and Sherman was just getting in the last word. Was it last week against the Panthers he had all their CB's worked up as well jawing-before and during the game? Not that any of that justifies Sherman's actions, but I can see how it would be nice to rub it in a bit.

The 49ers receivers (Anquin Boldin especially) in 2013 have had a reputation of rampant trashtalking. I'm sure that was the case here with Crabtree. Shermans actions are really a non-issue with me.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

That rant just solidified my opinion of the Seahawks. They're an excellent team with an outstanding defense and great young QB, but they talk WAY too much. Yes, they can back it up, but it makes me wonder about how much control Pete Carroll has over this team where they shoot their mouth off like that. At least Russell Wilson has some class.

The cowboys were the same way. jimmie just let them do whatever as long as they won.

The 49ers receivers (Anquin Boldin especially) in 2013 have had a reputation of rampant trashtalking. I'm sure that was the case here with Crabtree. Shermans actions are really a non-issue with me.

This. 100 times this. Its always the retaliation that gets all the attention.

Personally I think he came off as a classless Doosh on national TV.....but what do I know?

Agreed...not the first time. I am sure somebody will defend him, because he is a great player (I am not denying that) and that he is actually quite intelligent, a top student...I hear that all the time...and I realize, players (especially DB's) are in a tough spot, and their cockiness and arrogance are part of what make them so great, they are tools for their success...but their have been great DB's before, and they will be geat DB's after Richard Sherman, and not all of them will find it necessary to act like a classless, boorish idiot...I'll root for those guys.

The 49ers and Seahawks game yesterday, as good as entertaining as it was, was an awesome display of pretty much everything that is turning more and more people from sports these days...all very talented individuals involved, don't get me wrong, but just hardly a shred of class to be found on that field in Seattle yesterday...it isn't gamesmenship on dispay, it is just pure boorishness... Kaepernick and Jim Harbaugh are a disgrace to adults everywhere... particutlarly Harbabaugh...so glad to see him gone from competition... when Bryan Cox carried on like an !@#$, we loathed him...now we celebrate it.

lets not act like sherman isnt an instigator himself.

Can't even remember who it was now, but after lastweeks Seahawks win, they were interviewing Sherman on the field...he was his usual exuberant self, though not calling anyone out..but the guy just loves him some "me"...when they brought in the next Seahawk player to interview, Sherman just walked all over the interview, because he just can't help but love to hear himeself talk...just hyping himself up constantly...

Maybe he learned it from him.

http://articles.philly.com/1992-12-22/sports/25994559_1_miami-s-pete-stoyanovich-dolphins-kicker-pete-carroll

After Stoyanovich atoned for the miss with a game-winning 37-yard field goal with seven seconds left, Carroll apologized for making the "choke" sign that was caught by television cameras.

The funny thing is that Crabtree beat him. If the throw is where it's supposed to be it's a TD.

crab tree calling him out after the game on that went unnoticed. Sherman was lucky on that play

I had to go back and find the highlight after your two posts because, I thought it was perfect coverage and a well thrown ball.

the 7:20 mark in this video shows it : http://www.nfl.com/n...s-to-super-bowl

I still think it was perfect coverage and a well thrown ball. Why do you believe he was beaten? How could his body have been in better position?

And afterwards, I don't think patting someone on the rear and going to shake their hand after a hard fought game is 'classless' although it is possible the gesture was tungue in check i guess. But Sherman was patting Crabtree on the helmet and rear throughout the game in a 'good job' type of manner so I just figure it was a good sport kind thing.

Edited by peterpan

lets not act like sherman isnt an instigator himself.

Seeing an outburst like was a shock at first but at the same time after I stepped back and considered the reputation of the 49ers receivers had this year I was much less surprised.

...and yes Sherman isn't a saint himself.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever