Top Free Agents

papazoid

Karlos Dansby should be on this list

Definitely , but I think he already told us no. When we tried to sign him last yr.

I also wouldn't mind Riley Cooper, he's only 26 entering his prime. He can be a steal for the right price. Kid got hops and can stretch the field. He's not very fast but is a great route runner. Also fits the Bills as a red zone threat.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely , but I think he already told us no. When we tried to sign him last yr.

I also wouldn't mind Riley Cooper, he's only 26 entering his prime. He can be a steal for the right price. Kid got hops and can stretch the field. He's not very fast but is a great route runner. Also fits the Bills as a red zone threat.

If at first you don't succeed.... :thumbsup:

Zero chance be returns to Chicago. Chicago can only give him the veterans minimum due to the contract they signed to him last offseason. He's getting more than that.

If he doesn't go back to Chicago I think he retires.

I disagree BT. Cutler will get SO much money that imo they will draft a backup for pennies due to the new CBA.

I don't think they will go with a rookie as a backup. McCown is in a good spot and much of Cutler's salary can be turned into a signing bonus to free up space if they need it. Also, Peppers will be cut which will free up, $8-$10m I believe. Couple those reasons with the fact that the Bears realized how important a solid backup QB is and I think he stays. Not to mention McCown and Cutler are really good friends. Just my option but I think he's back in Chicago.

I would like to see the front office kick the tires on Anquan Boldin, Riley Cooper, and Dennis Pitta.

i am fine with Cooper coming here since Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw are banned from Orchard Park, NY I think he will have no problems

I disagree BT. Cutler will get SO much money that imo they will draft a backup for pennies due to the new CBA.

Except, the Bears have got to know, Cutler has missed a few games nearly every year since he has been in Chicago. I just have a feeling they will figure out a way to get it done. As I said earlier, McCown and Culter are the best of friends (they say) and McCown loves Trestman...his attitude all year was that he was just happy to be getting a shot to play, had no need to be the #1 guy, and was enjoying the backup roled. Now, if he hits FA, and some team wants to offer him 3 or 4 million a year, he might have to think about it...but I dont think he is anyones long-term answer at QB.

The bills roster must be be getting beter, this is the first year I don't want to sign ten free agents. Although the bills are in good cap room today , they really have a ton of players who need to get paid in the next two year so with that in mind... If I could sign Donald Butler or Spikes I would be happy. The draft should fill the oline problems. They other name that sticks out is Pitta , I don't think he hits the market but he fills a need and gives the Bills a been there done that player as they continue to grow . A couple of smaller free agents that could work are Alexander wr Sd and Boothe O lineman Giants, smart , hardworking and plays everywhere, and also has a ring.

The bills roster must be be getting beter, this is the first year I don't want to sign ten free agents. Although the bills are in good cap room today , they really have a ton of players who need to get paid in the next two year so with that in mind... If I could sign Donald Butler or Spikes I would be happy. The draft should fill the oline problems. They other name that sticks out is Pitta , I don't think he hits the market but he fills a need and gives the Bills a been there done that player as they continue to grow . A couple of smaller free agents that could work are Alexander wr Sd and Boothe O lineman Giants, smart , hardworking and plays everywhere, and also has a ring.

Butler is to SD what Byrd is to the Bills, in terms of how he is handling his FA. His "injury" this year was him trying to show he wanted more $ and he wasn't happy with how that was being handled by SD I will be very interested to see what they do with him... they have a playoff team that has glaring needs all over.

Nicks...what we need...had a very poor year....could get him a at a decent value

He missed a ton of meetings with the Giants and they fined him a lot. He is done there... but I doubt he is someone Marrone would go after for that reason.

I'm curious about Worrilds. I don't know how well he'd fit the position currently manned by Moats and Bradham, but He's spent the last 4 years developing in Pittsburg to where he's just recently become an asset in their defense. Given the Whaley - Pittsburgh connection and the Steelers cap issues it might be possible. It would be nice to poach a player after another team has spent the time bringing them up to speed for a change rather than the other way around.

I have a friend who is a big time Stillers fan and he was just telling me about Worlds... said it looks like they are likely to sign him and cut Woodley. Woodley can't stay healthy and they don't want to pay him.

General manager Mickey Loomis said the New Orleans Saints will use the franchise tag on tight end Jimmy Graham if necessary -- a move that could trigger a groundbreaking battle over whether the pending free agent should be officially considered a tight end or a wide receiver.

And Loomis made it clear that the Saints consider Graham a tight end.

"Isn't that what we drafted him as? Isn't that what he made the Pro Bowl as? That's what we see him as, a tight end. ... That's what makes him valuable," Loomis said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10328372/gm-says-new-orleans-saints-tag-jimmy-graham-necessary

NOTE:

TE $6,066,000, $5,194,000

WR $10,537,000, $8,867,000

Edited by papazoid

General manager Mickey Loomis said the New Orleans Saints will use the franchise tag on tight end Jimmy Graham if necessary -- a move that could trigger a groundbreaking battle over whether the pending free agent should be officially considered a tight end or a wide receiver.

And Loomis made it clear that the Saints consider Graham a tight end.

"Isn't that what we drafted him as? Isn't that what he made the Pro Bowl as? That's what we see him as, a tight end. ... That's what makes him valuable," Loomis said.

http://espn.go.com/n...raham-necessary

NOTE:

TE $6,066,000, $5,194,000

WR $10,537,000, $8,867,000

Of course he does... it is cheaper!

Of course he does... it is cheaper!

Realistically he's 260+ lbs and even if not solely lined up as an in line blocker, when was the last time Calvin Johnson was put in as a goal line blocker. Jimmy graham is a tight end. It's the position that's evolving, not the player becoming a WR.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills6m

Bills again have value plan for free agency http://wp.me/plmrg-9yS

this is neither good or bad. I assume ALL teams have plans for "value" signings. wether you go after big names or value signings....you need to "hit" on them. value signings like that of Manny Lawson, Alan Branch and Dan Carpenter were successes. his trade for hughes was a success.

I would like to see the front office kick the tires on Anquan Boldin, Riley Cooper, and Dennis Pitta.

Sounds great to me.

It will be a long shot to get Boldin, but that doesn't mean the Bills shouldn't try.

I'd also like for them to try and get James Jones.