Bills sign WR Ramses Barden, 4 others to futures contracts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Ramses Barden lit it up in his first start back in 2012. He was promptly snatched up on every fantasy waiver wire, then Hakeem Nicks came back from injury the following week and I don't think Barden has played since (ACL in 2013 I think). Didn't know he was 6-6 could be interesting.

I remember Ramses Barden lit it up in his first start back in 2012. He was promptly snatched up on every fantasy waiver wire, then Hakeem Nicks came back from injury the following week and I don't think Barden has played since (ACL in 2013 I think). Didn't know he was 6-6 could be interesting.

2012,...Must've been against the Bills D.... can't play them for 16 straight weeks

I remember that too. Good addition.

Ramses? Hope he doesn't have problems with his ribs.

GO BILLS!!!

Thats deep

No need to get formal. The nickname for William is Bill, so all those guys named Williams can just be referred to as the Bills.

Coincidence?

I think not !

James Hardy was also 6'6"

Has injuries been the issue with this guy?

I doubt Bills go WR early in the draft now and will focus their attention on OL, LB, maybe even TE depending how situation with Chandler turns out.

Couldn't agree more. I'm all for Greg Robinson OT Auburn @9 then maybe a Shayne Skov ILB out of Stanford in RD 2. For RD 3 CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa. Comparisons to ASJ but much better in the run game.

Shayne Skov Analysis: Strengths: Demonstrated more explosiveness in 2013, in his second season removed from a torn ACL. Explodes through holes in the offensive line to make emphatic tackles in the backfield. One of Skov's greatest attributes has always been aggression in taking on and shedding blockers in the hole.

Displayed greater patience in 2013 when breaking down with ball-carriers in the open field because he has regained his explosive closing ability. This has led to less lunging by Skov and more secure textbook tackling.

Weaknesses: Working to break a bad habit of lunging. Over-aggression caused Skov to take himself out of too many plays early in his career. Torn ACL in 2011, although he showed regained explosion in '13.

@AdamSchefter

Bills signed former Giants WR Ramses Barden.

We had a short thread on Ramses about a year ago. Here's an article I posted about him back then: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/barden-ready-move-giants-13-article-1.1276125

Still think he's worth a shot at that size with some speed. Of course, the fact that he disappeared last year might be telling but these futures signings are all about taking a shot in the dark.