Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as HC

thebandit27

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the kind of "sick to my stomach" hire that Bills fans have gotten in the past, with such hires as Jauron and Gailey.

Caldwell is a fake coach, propped up by Peyton Manning running the entire organization. That the Colts imploded when Manning got injured is a pretty good indicator of who called the shots there.

Like the Titans, why would you want to hire a guy who has NFL HC experience and has taken his team to the super bowl? This counts for nothing; they should play it smart like the Bills and hire a guy from a mediocre college program who can learn on the job.

Like the Titans, why would you want to hire a guy who has NFL HC experience and has taken his team to the super bowl? This counts for nothing; they should play it smart like the Bills and hire a guy from a mediocre college program who can learn on the job.

So Caldwell gets the credit for bringing the Colts to the Superbowl against New Orleans?

Does he also get the blame for nearly going winless without Manning when practically zero other changes took place from the previous year?

This is the kind of "sick to my stomach" hire that Bills fans have gotten in the past, with such hires as Jauron and Gailey.

Caldwell is a fake coach, propped up by Peyton Manning running the entire organization. That the Colts imploded when Manning got injured is a pretty good indicator of who called the shots there.

Are there really 32 NFL Capable Head Coaches??? Or are their just people holding the position of HC. I think the latter...

I thought that Indy sucked for Luck on purpose as a number of posters here have said?

Edited by prissythecat

Terribly oversimplified but if it were a lions fan I'd be upset. Surprised that roster didnt draw a more premiere name, but I suppose given its structure it'd be a tough one to make your own.

I agree. He might be the worst SB head coach ever. He basically rode Peyton. Additionally, he was beyond awful as a college coach.

The only thing I can think of that make him a good hire is his work with Manning and Flacco. Stafford has terrible mechanics that maybe Caldwell can help. But if this was the Bills hire, it'd be a total buzzkill. We'll see though. Maybe the Lions are evil geniuses.

This experiment - hiring the dynasty caretaker - was tried when seifert coached the panthers. He took them from the playoffs right to 1-15 in about 2 years. Caldwells most impressive accomplishment was with the ravens as OC in 2012. But their performance in 13 - essentially being unable to run the ball at all with the strongest armed QB in the league keeping the safeties deep - was equally unimpressive.

I agree. He might be the worst SB head coach ever. He basically rode Peyton. Additionally, he was beyond awful as a college coach.

The only thing I can think of that make him a good hire is his work with Manning and Flacco. Stafford has terrible mechanics that maybe Caldwell can help. But if this was the Bills hire, it'd be a total buzzkill. We'll see though. Maybe the Lions are evil geniuses.

His track record with Flacco isn't great either-- Flacco and the Ravens offense regressed pretty bad. I don't think the Ravens even offered to keep him on.

If I am Caldwell, I have to got to think about finding a superstar defensive coordinator to just run that defense without his involvement; too bad Lovie got the TB job, because he would have been a good fit there.

Caldwell went 2-14 as a head coach without Manning. I am not a fan of Marrone, but this was a terrible decision by Detroit.

Edited by ny33