Andre Reed Elected into the Pro Football HOF

@WFAN660

Michael Strahan, Andre Reed, Aeneas Williams, Derrick Brooks, Walter Jones, Ray Guy are Claude Humphrey the 2014 Pro Football #HOF class.

reed-hof-email.jpg

Michael Strahan, Brooks lead 2014 Hall of Fame class

NFL Honors: 2014 Hall of Fame class

Andre Reed Career Highlights

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reed, Harrison, Haley, Williams & DeBartolo should make it.

Bettis, Strahan, Brooks & Dungy can wait awhile. But I just know that one or two of these guys will make it.

If Ray Guy has had to wait this long to make it, then Morten Andersen can wait too.

People have honestly forgotten how damn he good he was...

Sorry but in terms of a career award (if you will); it should be based on their entire career and not so closely linked to winning a SB like it is now. Irvin couldn't carry Andre's jock...

and honestly, loud mouth Carter couldn't either...

Sorry but in terms of a career award (if you will); it should be based on their entire career and not so closely linked to winning a SB like it is now. Irvin couldn't carry Andre's jock...

I can buy an argument where someone could put andre ahead possibly but to act like he's head and shoulders above seems like you might be the one letting time/emotion color your argument.

marvin harrison will get snubbed because of his later years and off field issues

Lynch will get it because of popularity...well, if he does.

Walter Jones deserves it and on the fence about Shields because this list is rather dynamic.

Other then Anderson and Bettis you can't look at this list and be 100% sure any belong.

Greene and D.Brooks - both very good, excellent, in their career. A.Williams not so much. Tim Brown is a head scratcher. Reed has stiff competition.

I can buy an argument where someone could put andre ahead possibly but to act like he's head and shoulders above seems like you might be the one letting time/emotion color your argument.

from 1986-1994 Kelly averaged 479 pass attempts that same 479 would put him 29th this year in the NFL. Rec. stats have become ridiculous when he retired he was #2 behind Rice he deserves to be in. How many wideouts in the hall of fame played with a 1400-1500 yd back at the same time?

this

Bettis, Dungy, Haley, Reed, Strahan

That's my guess.

Reed makes it in because he's been snubbed in the past and he's better than Brown and I think the voters will screw Harrison over because Reed was not an off the field murder suspect.

The point of playing is to win the Super Bowl. I think that Super Bowls is a great measurement for HoF.

That being said. They've led Andre along enough. This should be the year. It's just getting cruel having him on the ballot.

marvin harrison will get snubbed because of his later years and off field issues

Lynch will get it because of popularity...well, if he does.

Walter Jones deserves it and on the fence about Shields because this list is rather dynamic.

Other then Anderson and Bettis you can't look at this list and be 100% sure any belong.

Greene and D.Brooks - both very good, excellent, in their career. A.Williams not so much. Tim Brown is a head scratcher. Reed has stiff competition.

Wow jboyst, I strongly disagree with you on this.

Aeneas Williams was a great CB, I think he was even better than Deion Sanders. His biggest problem was that he played for the Cardinals.

:thumbdown:

its just not the Hall of Very Good. In his era he was very good. But not feared. Not a game-changer. You could narrate the history of the NFL without mentioning his name and it would be a complete story.

I went to those games. I loved Andre. But I also love the NFL, and i'm kind of a purist.

(FWIW, I think maybe the biggest travesty is Curtis Martin. Some people say "if Curtis Martin (or so-and-so) is in, then Reed should be. But I think there should be a stronger argument to kick Martin out than to say "well its diluted, so lets keep going along that path")

Edited by maddenboy

its just not the Hall of Very Good. In his era he was very good. But not feared. Not a game-changer. You could narrate the history of the NFL without mentioning his name and it would be a complete story.

I went to those games. I loved Andre. But I also love the NFL, and i'm kind of a purist.

(FWIW, I think maybe the biggest travesty is Curtis Martin. Some people say "if Curtis Martin (or so-and-so) is in, then Reed should be. But I think there should be a stronger argument to kick Martin out than to say "well its diluted, so lets keep going along that path")

The biggest travesty is Joe Namath.