The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Pizza Waitress Mowed down by Cyclist is out of Work and Drowning in Debt..

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20170523/greenpoint/nypd-greenpoint-94th-precinct-cyclist-pedestrian-vision-zero?_ga=2.114966727.1309598672.1495632659-734270219.1451310010

DAmeEPKW0AEUjr_.jpg

Why doesn't she have health insurance? It's affordable and mandated by law now.......Oh..

DAmeEPcXoAECs-w.jpg

Media can throw out that idiotic metric of "20 million gained insurance!" all they want. This is an inescapable fact. And they know it.

No worries .. Obamacare will fix this by fining her for not buying insurance.

A pizza waitress makes too much money to get a subsidy? Seriously?

Pizza Waitress Mowed down by Cyclist is out of Work and Drowning in Debt..

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20170523/greenpoint/nypd-greenpoint-94th-precinct-cyclist-pedestrian-vision-zero?_ga=2.114966727.1309598672.1495632659-734270219.1451310010

DAmeEPKW0AEUjr_.jpg

Why doesn't she have health insurance? It's affordable and mandated by law now.......Oh..

DAmeEPcXoAECs-w.jpg

Media can throw out that idiotic metric of "20 million gained insurance!" all they want. This is an inescapable fact. And they know it.

No worries .. Obamacare will fix this by fining her for not buying insurance.

Another great case for Universal Health Care B-) which will eventually happen because of stories like these. There were even many cases like this before the ACA. By the way, my sister didn't get any subsidies and is paying $245 a month right now so i don't know why she had to pay $400.00.

Another great case for Universal Health Care B-) which will eventually happen because of stories like these. There were even many cases like this before the ACA. By the way, my sister didn't get any subsidies and is paying $245 a month right now so i don't know why she had to pay $400.00.

Ummm...we have Universal Health Care. It's called the Affordable Care Act.

And regarding your sister: what is her deductible?

And how old is she? And what state is she in?

How many dependents are on her plan? How many dependents were on the pizza waitress's (what the !@#$ is a pizza waitress anyway..sorry I digress) plan.

Ohhhh so many unanswered questions. I love these apples to oranges comparisons. :rolleyes:

Ummm...we have Universal Health Care. It's called the Affordable Care Act.

And regarding your sister: what is her deductible?

No. No we don't have Universal Health Care as that woman's story above proved. She has a $4000 deductible under the bronze plan. She's 28 and lives in Angola.

Edited by Doc Brown

No. No we don't have Universal Health Care as that woman's story above proved. She has a $4000 deductible under the bronze plan. She's 28 and lives in Angola.

We DO have Universal Health Care. Or, at least, Universal Health Insurance. She can keep her coverage. She can keep her doctor. That's what she was promised? Remember?

However, she chose not to participate, which is against the law and results in a fine (which I'm told is also a tax) that she is supposed to pay to ensure everyone gets coverage at a lower rate.

So in the end, she was let down by both the Affordable Care Act, and her own choices.

Tossing taxes into medical coverage was a cruel thing to do.

A pizza waitress makes too much money to get a subsidy? Seriously?

Tony, I'm sorry for disrespecting the pizza parlor.

We DO have Universal Health Care. Or, at least, Universal Health Insurance. She can keep her coverage. She can keep her doctor. That's what she was promised? Remember?

However, she chose not to participate, which is against the law and results in a fine (which I'm told is also a tax) that she is supposed to pay to ensure everyone gets coverage at a lower rate.

So in the end, she was let down by both the Affordable Care Act, and her own choices.

I'll pull a Sean Spicer. If we had Universal Health Care she would of been covered. Period.

I'll pull a Sean Spicer. If we had Universal Health Care she would of been covered. Period.

It's "would have". Sorry but you do this all the time and it detracts from your intelligent and erudite posts. BTW, we are fortunate to have you here.

It's "would have". Sorry but you do this all the time and it detracts from your intelligent and erudite posts. BTW, we are fortunate to have you here.

You're correct. My mistake. Also, thanks for the compliment.

As if we need another reason to slam lazy journalists, anyone notice how everyone is rushing to report that the GOP plan would result in 26 million people losing coverage?

Wonder how many have examined the numbers behind that stat?

As if we need another reason to slam lazy journalists, anyone notice how everyone is rushing to report that the GOP plan would result in 26 million people losing coverage?

Media is excited over the fact that Obamacare sucks, and double jizzing because the Republicans can't fix it. Headline mongering sutpidity dominating.

What I see is a Republican party with a huge opportunity but can't build a better alternative. Health care is a hard problem. Be nice if the parties would work together to try to solve it.

HHS: Premiums for individual health plans doubled between 2013 and 2017

The Department of Health and Human Services issued a report Tuesday which found that individual market premiums have doubled under Obamacare. From the report:

Comparing the 2013 average premiums using the MLR data with the 2017 average premiums obtained using CMS MIDAS data shows average premiums were 105% higher in 2017 than in 2013 and that the median state premium increase was 108%. Moreover, 62% of states using Healthcare.gov had 2017 average premiums double average premiums in 2013. Further work could approximate the relative contribution of the various ACA provisions, such as benefit mandates, guaranteed issue, and rating rules, to the overall premium increase in this market.

So the bottom line here is that premiums have more than doubled in 4 years.

Will CA Democrats go full tilt on single payer — despite the costs?

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City drops Obamacare coverage

It's been every headline, no matter where I looked...until the Montana GOP'er throttled the reporter.

sad when the MSM headlines about important topics like health care are no more important than their obsessions with a Kardashian headline, and both are equally valid

just another nuisance to try to avoid, but good luck.

Republican tax cut plan throws millions off of health care/insurance

Media bad!

US missed the boat on Universal Health Care just after WW2.

try 1,000,000 variations on this unfortunate reality with Dems promising complete care from erection to Resurrection since then