The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Also, do you really think he'd get immigration reform passed in the GOP dominated House and Senate? Obama definitely abused his executive powers more than anybody since Harry Truman, but like Truman it was because of a "do nothing Congress."

The role of Congress is not to act in accordance with the President's wishes; but rather to act as a check on Presidential power.

If Congress disagrees with the President, and checks his attempts to advance his agenda, it does not bestow special powers to act unilaterally on the President.

The fact that you seem to be making excuses for President Obama, noting a "do nothing Congress", is representative of an actual Constitutional crisis.

The role of Congress is not to act in accordance with the President's wishes; but rather to act as a check on Presidential power.

If Congress disagrees with the President, and checks his attempts to advance his agenda, it does not bestow special powers to act unilaterally on the President.

The fact that you seem to be making excuses for President Obama, noting a "do nothing Congress", is representative of an actual Constitutional crisis.

And they succeeded as Obama's immigration executive orders were overturned in the Supreme Court. The system worked.

And they succeeded as Obama's immigration executive orders were overturned in the Supreme Court. The system worked.

The system did not undo the damage done by the Obama Administration.

The Administration intentionally working an end run around the Constitution and our entire legislative process was a disgusting abuse of power, and nothing more.

The system did not undo the damage done by the Obama Administration.

The Administration intentionally working an end run around the Constitution and our entire legislative process was a disgusting abuse of power, and nothing more.

I agree that Harry Reid foolishly eliminating the filibuster to push through federal judge nominees and executive office appointments did lasting damage to this country. He even foolishly said before the election that Dems should use the nuclear option to get Garland through if they had the majority in the Senate and the presidency post election. Joke is on him now as McConnell did the same with Gorsich.

You know that's an honest mistake compared to him not know who the Speaker or the House is. That one was pathetic on a Politics board.

How did I miss that one? What thread? Anyway, even when he had his error explained to him he tried to argue.

How did I miss that one? What thread? Anyway, even when he had his error explained to him he tried to argue.

He said we may just get our first woman president. If Trump is impeached Pence would be right behind him and hello Madame Speaker.

You're talking about a guy who insisted that one reason Europe is so great is because no one in Europe owns a gun, or has ever owned a gun.

Ever.

In the history of Europe.

He said we may just get our first woman president. If Trump is impeached Pence would be right behind him and hello Madame Speaker.

I remember that now. I think at the time I assumed he meant that if we went through the impeachment process that the House would probably go dem. I gave him too much credit.

You're talking about a guy who insisted that one reason Europe is so great is because no one in Europe owns a gun, or has ever owned a gun.

Ever.

In the history of Europe.

Those German Lugers must have been manufactured in Mexico or Kenya.

I remember that now. I think at the time I assumed he meant that if we went through the impeachment process that the House would probably go dem. I gave him too much credit.

Those German Lugers must have been manufactured in Mexico or Kenya.

They were culturally appropriated by Germany

You know that's an honest mistake compared to him not know who the Speaker or the House is. That one was pathetic on a Politics board.

When did this happen? I think you are mistaken there pal

Yes, I was talking about after the 2018 elections, but stupid (Chef) missed that

Major Insurance Company Will Leave Ohio’s Insurance Exchange........Obamacare claims another victim.

Anthem Inc, a prominent national health insurance company, has decided to leave Ohio’s health insurance exchange citing a volatile market.

It’s another example of Obamacare’s collapse, especially since Anthem became “a major player in the individual insurance market created by the federal health care law.” From The New York Times:

Ohio state insurance officials said they were reviewing their options but put the blame squarely on the federal health care law. “For the past few years we have seen a weakening in the federal insurance marketplace as a number of companies have withdrawn from the exchange,” the state agency said in a statement. “We have always argued the private insurance market is the most severely impacted by the federal law and that is where Congressional action is needed to restore stability.”

(more…)