The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

UNEXPECTEDLY: ...............The price tag on universal health care is in, and it’s bigger than California’s budget.

California would have to find an additional $200 billion per year, including in new tax revenues, to create a so-called “single-payer” system, the analysis by the Senate Appropriations committee found. The estimate assumes the state would retain the existing $200 billion in local, state and federal funding it currently receives to offset the total $400 billion price tag.

The cost analysis is seen as the biggest hurdle to create a universal system, proposed by Sens. Ricardo Lara, D-Bell Gardens, and Toni Atkins, D-San Diego.

Steep projected costs have derailed efforts over the past two decades to establish a publicly funded, universal health care system in California. The cost is higher than the $180 billion in proposed general fund and special fund spending for the budget year beginning July 1.

Californians already pay some of the highest tax rates in the nation, which have all but driven out the state’s formerly robust middle class.

Single payer — and the taxes required to pay for all that paying — would be the final nail in California’s coffin.

Edited by B-Man

UNEXPECTEDLY: ...............The price tag on universal health care is in, and it’s bigger than California’s budget.

Californians already pay some of the highest tax rates in the nation, which have all but driven out the state’s formerly robust middle class.

Single payer — and the taxes required to pay for all that paying — would be the final nail in California’s coffin.

Just read an article last week about New York discovering the same thing.

And I'd be surprised if it were truly that low.

California, the worlds 6th largest economy, has discovered that the costs of a universal healthcare system would be more than it's entire annual budget.

The price tag is in: It would cost $400 billion to remake California’s health insurance marketplace and create a publicly funded universal heath care system, according to a state financial analysis released Monday.

California would have to find an additional $200 billion per year, including in new tax revenues, to create a so-called “single-payer” system, the analysis by the Senate Appropriations Committee found. The estimate assumes the state would retain the existing $200 billion in local, state and federal funding it currently receives to offset the total $400 billion price tag.

I'm sure California will figure out a way to get this done.

Much like the success they had with its $64B bullet train that will be ready to in, oh, say, another 18 years or so.

Just need to tax the freeloaders a little more.

Free college. Free health insurance. I'd encourage that stupidity all day long if I didn't know we'll end up paying the tab when NYS files for bankruptcy.

They may as well offer State pensions to allow retirement at age 50. It worked so well for Greece. .

Free college. Free health insurance. I'd encourage that stupidity all day long if I didn't know we'll end up paying the tab when NYS files for bankruptcy.

What's this "we" ****? You're going to end up being bailed out first, California boy...

What's this "we" ****? You're going to end up being bailed out first, California boy...

Why, while I have a perfect opportunity to sell and take my "winnings" off the table and move someplace else, I'm selling and staying in CA is beyond me. :cry:

We as in the 'federal taxpayer' we.

Plus, I've begun my exit plan from CA. Trying to do it methodically, but it has to be before they rescind Prop 13 or selling my house will be very difficult.

Pizza Waitress Mowed down by Cyclist is out of Work and Drowning in Debt..

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20170523/greenpoint/nypd-greenpoint-94th-precinct-cyclist-pedestrian-vision-zero?_ga=2.114966727.1309598672.1495632659-734270219.1451310010

DAmeEPKW0AEUjr_.jpg

Why doesn't she have health insurance? It's affordable and mandated by law now.......Oh..

DAmeEPcXoAECs-w.jpg

Media can throw out that idiotic metric of "20 million gained insurance!" all they want. This is an inescapable fact. And they know it.

No worries .. Obamacare will fix this by fining her for not buying insurance.

Edited by B-Man