The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

And the GOP does want to push people out of fast moving cars, especially if tax cuts for the wealthy are involved

These sort of vapid arguments do nothing to advance the discussion.

It's these sort of comments are the reasons why over half the board wants to punch you in the face.

It's not that the GOP wants tax cuts for the "rich", it's that they want to reduce taxes period, it just so happens that in Obamacare the taxes were for the "rich", and they want to repeal all the taxes.

There are free market concepts that they believe would work better, and the fact of the matter is that for certain circumstances it would work better, but not for everyone. There are always winners and losers and for the GOP, under the current plan there are too many losers for the public to accept. The only way they will draft a bill that can not only pass congress but test the time of public approval is if they do things that they aren't used to doing, which is accept a larger role from government along with many of their free market ideas.

That way they can pick off some Democrats to pass it through, the product would lead to almost the same level of overall coverage and premiums would go down. That would be the smart thing to do. It's early, but from what I'm reading it does appear that the bill will prioritize the expansion of coverage more so than the house bill, which of course means larger tax credits AKA subsidies.

It's these sort of comments are the reasons why over half the board wants to punch you in the face.

It's not that the GOP wants tax cuts for the "rich", it's that they want to reduce taxes period, it just so happens that in Obamacare the taxes were for the "rich", and they want to repeal all the taxes.

There are free market concepts that they believe would work better, and the fact of the matter is that for certain circumstances it would work better, but not for everyone. There are always winners and losers and for the GOP, under the current plan there are too many losers for the public to accept. The only way they will draft a bill that can not only pass congress but test the time of public approval is if they do things that they aren't used to doing, which is accept a larger role from government along with many of their free market ideas.

That way they can pick off some Democrats to pass it through, the product would lead to almost the same level of overall coverage and premiums would go down. That would be the smart thing to do. It's early, but from what I'm reading it does appear that the bill will prioritize the expansion of coverage more so than the house bill, which of course means larger tax credits AKA subsidies.

That's a pretty conservative estimate, don't you think?

No, totally disagree. They ONLY want the tax cuts for the wealthy. The GOP cares absolutely nothing about regular people getting health care. Sorry if that makes you want to hurt me, but the truth does hurt.

its bad enough the jerk offs that form this boards core are miserable abuse artists, i would hope someone reasonable like you wouldnt encourage them. everyone should be free to express their opinions without proclamations of the desire to punch someone in the face. the way they treat tiberius and others is appalling. idk whytf he hasnt told them to go fk themselves yet, im about to reach that point myself. i would encourage you to not enable them

and it appears obvious to me that republicans in general and this administration in particular indeed are interested in funneling money to the top. we are already at fifty-ish year lows for tax rates on the wealthy. republicans like to claim its to spur job growth, which is one of the most horseѕhit rationalizations ive ever heard. its this obsession that everyone should be allowed to keep every penny possible bc of some sick worship of money as a measure of worthiness. its an infection in a lot of peoples minds and its especially virulent among conservatives. wealthy ppl dont stop creating jobs just bc they have higher taxes. if anything it would spur them to create more jobs to make up for the easy money they make with the money they already have

financial and job realities have permanently changed. we will never bring back the glory years of american expansion that made everybody prosperous. most money is made now electronically and thus it keeps flowing to the top. there it accumulates in accounts for people that already have plenty. meanwhile the standard of living for everybody else continues to ebb. the income gap just continues to escalate. thats immoral and steps need to be taken to return some of that accumulation to the middle and lower classes that need it

i realize the right wing bent of this forum will flip the fk out over that. but it is what it is. i hope youre one of the reasonable people that can see this and help expand our collective consciousness to the necessity of making these changes

Edited by Meathead

its bad enough the jerk offs that form this boards core are miserable abuse artists, i would hope someone reasonable like you wouldnt encourage them. everyone should be free to express their opinions without proclamations of the desire to punch someone in the face. the way they treat tiberius and others is appalling. idk whytf he hasnt told them to go fk themselves yet, im about to reach that point myself. i would encourage you to not enable them

and it appears obvious to me that republicans in general and this administration in particular indeed are interested in funneling money to the top. we are already at fifty-ish year lows for tax rates on the wealthy. republicans like to claim its to spur job growth, which is one of the most horseѕhit rationalizations ive ever heard. its this obsession that everyone should be allowed to keep every penny possible bc of some sick worship of money as a measure of worthiness. its an infection in a lot of peoples minds and its especially virulent among conservatives. wealthy ppl dont stop creating jobs just bc they have higher taxes. if anything it would spur them to create more jobs to make up for the easy money they make with the money they already have

financial and job realities have permanently changed. we will never bring back the glory years of american expansion that made everybody prosperous. most money is made now electronically and thus it keeps flowing to the top. there it accumulates in accounts for people that already have plenty. meanwhile the standard of living for everybody else continues to ebb. the income gap just continues to escalate. thats immoral and steps need to be taken to return some of that accumulation to the middle and lower classes that need it

i realize the right wing bent of this forum will flip the fk out over that. but it is what it is. i hope youre one of the reasonable people that can see this and help expand our collective consciousness to the necessity of making these changes

What the !@#$ is wrong with you?

I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything. I'm simply pointing out an observation that was partially in jest.

And it's not that Republicans desire to "funnel money to the top". Their desire is to cut taxes for everyone, it just so happens that the Obamacare taxes were specifically for upper income earners, so when they looked to repeal the taxes, it's their taxes that are being repealed, simply because the taxes weren't for anyone elses but theirs.

There is a general philosophy that most libertarians and many Republicans have which is that everyone should be treated the same, everyone should be taxed equally etc etc.

There is an honest argument to be had in the progressive tax system and the ones that many libertarians and Repubs want. But when you make these sort of shallow comments, it diminishes the debate into partisan bickering. Don't get me wrong, their side does it as well just on different terms. It's simply a matter of how you frame the argument.

Edited by Magox

super ghey post

Interesting. Tell me more.

You are leaving out the 9 million picked up by the expansion of medicade

And the GOP does want to push people out of fast moving cars, especially if tax cuts for the wealthy are involved

9 million people who have "coverage" but still don't have healthcare.

What the !@#$ is wrong with you?

Simple. He's a meathead. He's got twitchy muscles in place of brain cells.

Actually, all those people with "experience in the business" helped get us in the mess we currently have.

Do you think when they were "helping" that they were benevolent do gooders trying to help the American people get better health insurance /care? Or do you think them and thier generous lobbying dollars perhaps queered things thier way?

I'm going with the latter. Not allowing negotiation on drug prices seems to indicate that among others.

If the insurance companies helped write it, why are they all pulling out now?

But why would the insurance and big Pharma companies want to kill the system that's given them so much in free government money while they are crushing the little guy by jacking up their premiums and costs so high they can't afford to pay up? Sounds like a perpetual profits machine for them. Damn it. Why can't healthcare be free - just like gasoline and food?