What did you do today?

Just Jack

Yes, good luck Jack. Thanks for the pic and starting this excellent thread... that I just found.

New Year's day was a lazy one for me, though I did start it out with a bang. :ph34r:

I am planning on using my meat grinder (unexpected wonderful Christmas present from sonny boy) to make some Italian sausage later today.

He got it from this fine Buffalo, NY company: http://www.sausagemaker.com/ they sell everything you need. I'd forgotten about the Sonoma Sausage Co, BBF thanks for reminding me - I'll check them out again too. I recall they had lots of recipes.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy your positive days everyone. I've been sitting around my in-laws while my father-in-law is in hospice care for the last three days. It really makes me appreciate those good moments that much more.

I just read your post. I am so sorry to hear that. It is never easy losing a loved one and there are no words that can take away the pain. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I sorted, inspected and packaged 11 tons of food at Philabundance that can now be distributed to the Philadelphia community for those that may need some assistance in staying fed.

This is simply awesome.

Still-- it was 2 full hours! Someone needs to congratulate you for that.

(Oh, and congrats on the other thing too).

Well if you think two hours is impressive, I saw Wolf Of Wall Street last week, that one is about 3 hours!

I just read your post. I am so sorry to hear that. It is never easy losing a loved one and there are no words that can take away the pain. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks. I just got back from the funeral now. I've got nothing but happy uplifting stories to post in the "what did you do today" thread.

Yes, good luck Jack. Thanks for the pic and starting this excellent thread... that I just found.

New Year's day was a lazy one for me, though I did start it out with a bang.! :ph34r:

I am planning on using my meat grinder (unexpected wonderful Christmas present from sonny boy) to make some Italian sausage later today.

He got it from this fine Buffalo, NY company: http://www.sausagemaker.com/ they sell everything you need. I'd forgotten about the Sonoma Sausage Co, BBF thanks for reminding me - I'll check them out again too. I recall they had lots of recipes.

Great recipes. Sausage turns out great. Chef Jim deserves props.

Good luck, Jack.

And everyone's making friggin sausage! Now I want to.

lol...c'mon...everyone does it.

Went and saw Grudge Match this afternoon, then I accepted the job offer I interviewed for the other day. Will be starting in about two weeks.

Congrats Jack!

Hair cut, oil change, inspection, birthday gift (pick up) ,gas up, pack,and drive 3.5 hours. No sleep.

you got a pick up for your birthday? Way to go!

Poojer could show you all the good drinking spots. And Wegmans.

congratulations on the new job, it's back up there and I didn't scroll up enough to quote it.

Thanks all for the good wishes on the new job. It really is a unique position. I have 3 direct reports in the UK, as well as a few here in Philly. First trip to London is already scheduled for early February . . . One week in and I'm loving life (although I do need to find a good pizza place . . .)

I have to always monitor the VHF, marine band radio (channel 16) @ work. This laker is broken down as I post, 60 miles off of Sheboygan, Wisconsin... The ship has lost almost all power and propulsion. A tug is now leaving Calumet Harbor to go assist, should take him about 12+ hours. Wow, speaking of breakdowns! A 700+ foot ship stuck in the middle (well not exactly middle) of Lake Michigan. Good thing there are no gales today! Maybe this will make Great Lakes Warriors?

Here is the ship, I wonder if it makes the news?

post-1877-0-56662100-1389610886_thumb.jpg

Here is the assist vessel en route to the scene:

post-1877-0-71908300-1389611131_thumb.jpg

Here is her position. Isn't the internet great... "Road side asistance" in progress! Track the assist by AiS here:

http://www.marinetra...ships/367434990

Click on: "Show on live map", red box. You can then zoom out or in to track the Mary E. Hannah and find the Algoma Olympic.

UPDATE: USCG pon pon: It is making its way to Milwaukee under limited power and lights... I guess the assist tug will meet up w/it.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

What company are u working for? I know US/UK companies in Philly probably are fairly common as I work for one also. We'll have to get together for a beer.

Thanks all for the good wishes on the new job. It really is a unique position. I have 3 direct reports in the UK, as well as a few here in Philly. First trip to London is already scheduled for early February . . . One week in and I'm loving life (although I do need to find a good pizza place . . .)

What company are u working for? I know US/UK companies in Philly probably are fairly common as I work for one also. We'll have to get together for a beer.

Hey Pooj, I'm working for a company called PEI-Genesis in North Philly. They're a mfg/distributor of electronic connectors . . . And I'll gladly take you up on the beer. Too bad football season is over. . . You could have shown me the best Bills Bar(s). This weekend is out tho . . .the wife is coming down for a conjugal visit... :w00t: :w00t: