What did you do today?

Just Jack

welcome to the area. the big bills bar is in the northern liberties, mcfaddens. i heard about another one in wayne, i haven't checked out. normally i take the easy way out and plop down on a seat at my place in malvern and they graciously allow me one tv each week.

Hey Pooj, I'm working for a company called PEI-Genesis in North Philly. They're a mfg/distributor of electronic connectors . . . And I'll gladly take you up on the beer. Too bad football season is over. . . You could have shown me the best Bills Bar(s). This weekend is out tho . . .the wife is coming down for a conjugal visit... :w00t: :w00t:

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to always monitor the VHF, marine band radio (channel 16) @ work. This laker is broken down as I post, 60 miles off of Sheboygan, Wisconsin... The ship has lost almost all power and propulsion. A tug is now leaving Calumet Harbor to go assist, should take him about 12+ hours. Wow, speaking of breakdowns! A 700+ foot ship stuck in the middle (well not exactly middle) of Lake Michigan. Good thing there are no gales today! Maybe this will make Great Lakes Warriors?

Here is her position. Isn't the internet great... "Road side asistance" in progress! Track the assist by AiS here:

http://www.marinetra...ships/367434990

Click on: "Show on live map", red box. You can then zoom out or in to track the Mary E. Hannah and find the Algoma Olympic.

That is a cool map, I'm going to save that link, very good information

Edited by Guffalo

That is a cool map, I'm going to save that link, very good information

Yeah, pretty interesting. I missed what happened today because I was sleeping, but you can see the vessel track from today still there. I just went to the live map and it shows the tug, Mary E. Hannah heading back to Calumet Harbor/South Chicago. Again, it it shows her whole track that she took today. Pretty cool because she raced out of Cal Harbor to meet the limping 735' long Algoma Olympic. The Olympic was limping into Milwaukee under limited power and prolpusion. ETA for the Mary E. to pick up crew (they were driving in from Chicago I think?) @ The Milwaukee Summerfest Grounds @ around 11:45 local time... ETA for the Algoma Olympic to get to Milwaukee was 12:30 local time. The Olympic looks like she parked outside Milwaukee Harbor... And she did that. Mary E. Hannah headed to Milwaukee and turned south on the Kinnikinnick River, notice the ore boat Burns Harbor is docked there... Then went out to catch the Olympic. Looks like the Mary E. spun around outside Milwaukee looking for the limping ship!

Anway, live map shows her on the way back to Cal Harbor/South Chicago as we speak... Not sure if she has the Algoma Olympic in tow? I gotta check again.

I'd hate to see the towing and assist bill! "Send it to AAA!" LoL

BTW... That Mary E. Hannah is named after the Hannah family in Lemont, Illinois. The family was into shipping. I think Hannah Towing is defunct now, but some names on boats remain the same. Same Hannah family as Daryl Hannah, actress. We used to get here vessel: Daryl C. Hannah that would come through the lock. That vessel was a river tow/pusher type/retractable pilot house and named after the actress.

UPDATE: Just checked the live map, looks like the ship is in a slip outside Milwaukee. Notice the track like a "lollypop" outside of Milwaukee... Probably went out to look/get her in.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

And before that... I was taking three hours out of my night to shovel out three of my neighbors. Two on either side of me and the old widow down the street. I probably should have stayed outside if I knew I was gonna get this much flak from Mill... Barn looking mighty good!

:-P

\

he he he he he ... :lol:

And before that... I was taking three hours out of my night to shovel out three of my neighbors. Two on either side of me and the old widow down the street. I probably should have stayed outside if I knew I was gonna get this much flak from Mill... Barn looking mighty good!

:-P

WOW.. you and mill both have barns

I did Laundry and walked the dogs. Folding laundry while watching the Pats go DOWN!!!

I walk the dog at least three times a day. I love walking my dog.

I missed the entire NE/DEN game because I was attending a celebration of MLK's life/birthday. Thought we (my son and I) were just going to do a one-mile march, then head home to watch the game (march began at 3) ... but my son asked to stay for the entire program. I'm glad he did. 3.5 hours was a long time, but it was well worth it.