What would you do?

gjv001

I would trade the pick or pick the top LG or RT on my board. All the talk of cutting bait with Manuel now is just plain stupid. The kid has a grand total of 10 starts to his career thus far. His completion percentage of 58.8%, TD/INT ratio of 11/9, and QBR or 77.7 were all better than Peyton Mannings were in his rookie campaign. (56.7%, 26/28, and 71.2). Drafting a QB is about as stupid as drafting the top DE that plays Mario Williams position or drafting the top LT "just because he's there". Manziel is no sure thing and isn't even the top QB prospect on most boards at this point. I would take top prospects at positions of known need before I would take ANOTHER QB. How many guys does this team need to start? They're not going to have instant success with ANY quarterback until they fix the offensive line and get linebackers that can actually help stop the running game.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 games is what people are giving EJ? lol oh geez. have any of you watched JFF and his footwork or his style of running around till people come open? in the NFL where everyone is fast including 300lb linemen i can't see that working.

10 games is what people are giving EJ? lol oh geez. have any of you watched JFF and his footwork or his style of running around till people come open? in the NFL where everyone is fast including 300lb linemen i can't see that working.

Just bc we draft a QB again doesnt mean we're giving up on EJ. This isnt 2005 where a rookie Qb will get 100 million bucks. Ej will have every chance to compete for the starting job nxt yr (key word being COMPETE)

What if we start 0-5 next season? Would you rather turn to Manziel or a 2nd rd QB, or turn to Thad Lewis/Tuel?

Im not saying its ideal to draft a qb rd1 again, but its also not a dumb move IMO

Edited by bobobonators

I would trade the pick or pick the top LG or RT on my board. All the talk of cutting bait with Manuel now is just plain stupid. The kid has a grand total of 10 starts to his career thus far. His completion percentage of 58.8%, TD/INT ratio of 11/9, and QBR or 77.7 were all better than Peyton Mannings were in his rookie campaign. (56.7%, 26/28, and 71.2). Drafting a QB is about as stupid as drafting the top DE that plays Mario Williams position or drafting the top LT "just because he's there". Manziel is no sure thing and isn't even the top QB prospect on most boards at this point. I would take top prospects at positions of known need before I would take ANOTHER QB. How many guys does this team need to start? They're not going to have instant success with ANY quarterback until they fix the offensive line and get linebackers that can actually help stop the running game.

I've seen a lot of crazy things posted over the last week, but when people compare EJ's rookie season to Peyton Manning's rookie year I wonder what sport they are watching.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=list/rookieqbs

6. Peyton Manning (Colts, 1998)

Manning took every snap for the Colts in 1998, and set all kinds of rookie QB records in the process: most completions (326), attempts (575), and yards (3,739). He also threw for 26 TDs, breaking Charlie Conerly's 50-year-old mark. Manning was one of the top QBs in the NFL, leading the AFC in passing yards and attempts.

Manning did all this despite getting off to a terrible start; in his first four games, he threw 11 interceptions. He turned things around in the middle of the season. "The improvement is phenomenal," said Colts president Bill Polian in mid-December. "I've never seen improvement like this from a rookie in all my years."

Just stop with this nonsense.

Edited by QCity

This is a QB controversy that I want for my team. You do not have to break the bank on rookie contracts anymore…and we do not have a franchise guy on our roster. The veteran FA crop is thin in both numbers and talent. This leaves draft, trade and UDFA's. What has EJ Manuel done to convince this team that they no longer have to improve at the position? The answer is very little but enough so that he is the #1 going into camp. He's going to have to win the starting job regardless of who we draft - why not put the best we have out there by upping the competition. Give me a break with this fragile confidence and powder puff coddling - prove it's your job.

Highly HIGHLY unlikely we draft JM and more likely do some late round/UDFA dumpster dive for QB gold. The Bills don't do aggressive like back to back #1's - we stay the course and try really hard for too long to mask our QB failures….hence our playoff record.

My guess is he's not there when we pick.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

You're right I've never watched him play, thats why I said how the offense is set up for him and how he reads defenses. I also said how he likes to throw the "50/50" ball. Nope never seen him play.

So lets play the stat game. Yea a guy who has 133 rushing attempts in a season obviously doesn't run.

I won't resort to insults and just leave it at a difference of opinion.

Probably your best bet.

No. Too many red flags. Questionable judgment and decision-making on and off the field. Only if it was 4th rd or later, which it wouldn't be. I am not a JFF fan when it comes to him as an NFL prospect. He is not very big and has been injury prone already in college although he plays through them.He will get hit harder by much bigger guys in the NFL with his style and if he doesn't play his "style" I think he will fail. I do think EJ still has a chance to become this team's franchise QB. I am not totally against bringing another QB in camp or even another rookie if a great prospect fell into their laps (although it wouldn't be my first choice to do so). But not this one.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Just bc we draft a QB again doesnt mean we're giving up on EJ. This isnt 2005 where a rookie Qb will get 100 million bucks. Ej will have every chance to compete for the starting job nxt yr (key word being COMPETE)

What if we start 0-5 next season? Would you rather turn to Manziel or a 2nd rd QB, or turn to Thad Lewis/Tuel?

Im not saying its ideal to draft a qb rd1 again, but its also not a dumb move IMO

id say not to pull him and let him keep playing. give him the full season. the luck-rg3-russel wilson being awesome from day 1 isn't the norm.

Not sold on Manuel. Johnny Football defies logic. He may or may not be a franchise QB, but damn he'd be fun to watch. Take him.

This team will never be in the playoffs without a good QB.

Edited by Bronc24

Johnny literally scored on every single possession in the second half tonight, including throwing the most beautiful deep ball into a foot long box to a reciever in stride that was double covered.

I'm in love.

Everyone who complains about his height/weight and his play style obviously doesn't remember Russell Wilson. I know it was a long long long time ago, but most of his detractors had the same concerns. Look where he is now.

Grab Football, and O-line in the second and we're good to go for a playoff run.

The Rams are selling out of the 2 hole…my guess is at least one team decides they must have him, pulls a Redskin move and bets the farm to get Manziel #2 before all the other QB-needy teams in the 3 hole and beyond get their crack at him. Can also see him in Raider black and silver in the 5 hole….resurrecting that franchise. He is a unique talent….a winner….loaded to the eyeballs with "it" factor…natural field general….speed demon….and a great arm….I don't think too many people will fault a GM of a franchise in a14 year playoff drought for taking a shot here…especially since our last true franchise QB came from the 1983 draft!

Highly doubtful he makes it to us at 9. The good thing is we should have our absolute pick of the litter for non QB talent.