What would you do?

gjv001

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take him. Sadly. I'm not giving up on EJ, but until he's a very good QB in the nfl, we need to try and acquire a very good QB. I'm not sold on Manziel, but he looks to be a better QB than Ej at this point. A good QB is the only thing holding this franchise back. Get one

I would pick the best QB if there is a very good one either in the first, but of there is some stud WR, or incredible ILB, I would go with that pick, and pick a QB in the second. It just depends who's there at the 9th pick. I don't want to trade up as we need 7 good picks.

Draft picks are cheap so why not under the new CBA. I hAve not given up on EJ, but competition is always good. I'd also look for a solid veteran free agency QB.

I would take him.

There is no rule/guide that says it's a bad idea. Question: If EJ was coming out this year, would you prefer Manziel or EJ at 9? Manziel, hands down.

Go to training camp with an open QB competition and best QB wins. Worst case scenario, you trade one of them 1-2 years from now.

I'd check my big board and if he is listed as one of the rare super QB prospects......I would take him(and wonder how he dropped past the top 3 spots and down to 9th). If he isn't listed as one of the rare super QB prospects I would gladly trade away the pick or simply let him pass so another team can gamble on him.

I would trade the pick to some QB-desperate team that doesn't care that he's a total blockhead.

Then I would draft as many offensive playmakers as I could.

I would also take either Mettenberger or Murray in round 3, or failing that I'd go after Jeff Matthews in round 5.

We need to get a QB first, and build a team around him 2nd. You cannot do it the other way around because, as the Bills have proven, all of your players will leave/retire before you find a QB.

If we wait on EJ much longer, SJ, Freddie, Dareus, Byrd, KW, Glenn - these guys contracts will be up and most of them wont be resigning.

We needed a QB 15 years ago and we still need one now who can be our franchise for the next 15 years. Then we can build 5 different teams around him over those years. But its futile to build a team around a nobody at QB and quite frankly EJ has shown me absolutely nothing that gives me confidence in him to be the guy.

I'd take manziel.

Why is it ok to wait on CJ for 5 years to beat out Fred to be the number one RB but EJ only gets 10 games?

Manziel sucks. He is Russell Wilson size with a Ryan Leaf head.

This team has three starting OL that would not start for 28 of the other teams in the league. Trade down. Draft OT, TE, LG, WR, OLB.

Why is it ok to wait on CJ for 5 years to beat out Fred to be the number one RB but EJ only gets 10 games?

Manziel sucks. He is Russell Wilson size with a Ryan Leaf head.

This team has three starting OL that would not start for 28 of the other teams in the league. Trade down. Draft OT, TE, LG, WR, OLB.

I agree regarding Manziel; you're vastly over-stating the talent on other OLs if you think guys like Urbik and Pears wouldn't start for 28 other teams.

Manziel wouldn't fit in Buffalo for a couple reasons:

1. He loves throwing the deep "50/50" ball. The Bills don't have a big receiver that can go up for it. Sure they could draft one, but if they go after Manziel chances are they would be missing out on a top receiver.

2. Marrone. No way he'd put up with the Manziel crap attitude and the circus that comes with him.

3. The offense would need a complete overhaul.

EDIT: So, if I had the pick. I'd tried to trade it away.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I would trade the pick to some QB-desperate team that doesn't care that he's a total blockhead.

Then I would draft as many offensive playmakers as I could.

I would also take either Mettenberger or Murray in round 3, or failing that I'd go after Jeff Matthews in round 5.

I like this plan.

Johnny Football is anything but I sure fire NFL fit. He most likely has a Tim Tebow trajectory.

Trade Down, especially in 2014. The #4 prospect is just as good as the #34 prospect. Its a really flat draft in 2014. Lots of good players just no sure fire studs.

I like this plan.

Johnny Football is anything but I sure fire NFL fit. He most likely has a Tim Tebow trajectory.

Trade Down, especially in 2014. The #4 prospect is just as good as the #34 prospect. Its a really flat draft in 2014. Lots of good players just no sure fire studs.

You know I'm not a huge proponent of trading down (as you and I discussed last year); I'd only do so if this type of scenario existed, wherein a team is in love with a QB prospect and is willing to part with lots of picks.

Otherwise, I think it's better to have your pick of the litter.

My feelings on the matter aside, X's and O's aside, and back to the business end of this:

Would he sell seats?

Would the league and the networks be compelled to show more Bills games to a wider audience?

Would he sell merch?

Would he be a marketable personna for the team? the league?

Would the franchise become more valuable as a result?

Finally, does the Bill's FO have an appreciation/affinity for the marketing side of the business? ;)

There are a lot of ways the #9 pick can go (seems like were at this juncture every draft), but drafting Johnny Football will 100% be one option laid on the table in the war room and upstairs.