Danny Crossman/ST units

JM57

The handling of this situation, to me, will be one of the biggest ways to evaluate Marrone this offseason. How committed is he to discipline and winning football games? Because the ONLY good thing about Crossman's units was the FG team.

Can he fire a friend he has known for 20 years? The punters were both bad. Punt coverage was abysmal. Kickoff coverage was, at times also abysmal. Kick return and punt return games were non-existent and the units as a whole seemed to be good for at least 2 penalties a week.

I can't remember the ST units ever being so terrible.

Edited by JM57

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The handling of this situation, to me, will be one of the biggest ways to evaluate Marrone this offseason. How committed is he to discipline and winning football games? Because the ONLY good thing about Crossman's units was the FG team.

Can he fire a friend he has known for 20 years? The punters were both bad. Punt coverage was abysmal. Kickoff coverage was, at times also abysmal. Kick return and punt return games were non-existent and the units as a whole seemed to be good for at least 2 penalties a week.

I can't remember the ST units ever being so terrible.

I think accountability demands a change be made.

It was one thing to hire him with his dismal track record.......but to retain him after a very poor season here would indicate a less than full commitment to winning on Marrone's part.

in crossman's defense, i don't recall seeing him on the field whiffing badly trying to tackle the diminutive blount. but yes, i think the special teams have been pretty awful this year.

Diminutive!?!!? I don't think that word means what you think it means :D

If he (Grossman) does't go, Marrone will lose the respect of his players.

He preaches accountability, and that cuts both ways, players and caches alike. I don't think its a stretch to say this ST cost the Bills at least two games this season (Cin, Cleve, and killed them again today).

in crossman's defense, i don't recall seeing him on the field whiffing badly trying to tackle the diminutive blount. but yes, i think the special teams have been pretty awful this year.

can someone that weighs 255 lbs. be called "diminutive" ?

Edited by CSBill

I have no real thought on how Crossman keeps his job...coming into the NE game, the only unit that was preforming better than bottom 5 in the NFL was our kick coverage, which was ranked 8th in the NFL, then promptly gets smoked twice in a row after long TD drives by Bills where we are trying to claw back into the game, and let NE already start in FG range...

Crossman has got to get the boot, he is bad...

I cam remember when they were worse than this, when Wade Phillips hired his buddy Ronnie Jones. Crossman is #2 behind him. Send him on his way.

Lots of parallels here, Marrone hired his gumba......not the best qualified man....who might have been the guy we had, Bruce DeHaven.

He is not going anywhere.

Don't you guys remember when we had bad ST before? This is what will happen.

1) marrone will say he will personally be more involved in ST

2) the bills will then say that they will change some scheme things

3) they will then devote more starters to ST unit

4) finally, after another year or two of this, someone in the FO will force marrone's hand and he will fire crossman.

That's always how it goes with these ST coaches.