For the record -- Manuel's rating today was 105.0

dave mcbride

Tom Berady is the outlier. MIA is going nowhere fast. Jay Cutler we should/could have drafted. Same w/Colin K & Russell Wilson, okay, we passed on... BUT we would have had Jay Cutler.

I just got a funny feeling we are going nowhere. We keep buying the KIA's and passing up the Toyota's. Stupid analogy I know... The Bills do the same w/their coaches.

I am getting sick of the projects. Let the Bills take the big brand name for once.

Kind of like Washington did with Shannahan and RGIII? As of two days ago, Shannahan put Dan Snyder's favorite toy up on the top shelf for the rest of the season. Big Brand Football is really working out well there.

That being said, I understand your frustration. But IMO a quality team has to be built systematically through the draft and strategic free agent acquisition.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For The Record:

The Jacksonville Jaguars threw the game because they knew they were already out of the playoffs and a Win today would have jeopardized their draft spot.

Why do you even watch the games, and even better, take time to post on this board? Is it time to just walk away from the keyboard; obviously there is no joy in any of this for you.

Why do you even watch the games, and even better, take time to post on this board? Is it time to just walk away from the keyboard; obviously there is no joy in any of this for you.

Generally people who take the time to troll are losers. This is probably the highlight if his weekend.

My theory is that he is a rookie QB who takes some time to digest what the defense is showing him and rushes his early throws, then settles down and plays. The encouraging thing that I see from this kid is that in close games, he seems to be clutch in his ability to drive the ball down the field. If anything, there is a slew of veterans on this team that have let the rookie down dropping or fumbling away throws that were on the money in games that mattered like the one against Atlanta.

I will give this kid a pass on his slow starts.

It's a bad time to give him a pass... There is a bumper crop of Qb's to be harvested next draft! The Bills have to take another Qb! The will rue the day if they don't! I usually don't by into the hype, but I can't stomach another missed opportunity to hedge screwing up @ the Qb position! How many are we going on now?

It's a bad time to give him a pass... There is a bumper crop of Qb's to be harvested next draft! The Bills have to take another Qb! The will rue the day if they don't! I usually don't by into the hype, but I can't stomach another missed opportunity to hedge screwing up @ the Qb position! How many are we going on now?

Wow, I thought you were just joking around with these posts. Are you really being serious?

Kind of like Washington did with Shannahan and RGIII? As of two days ago, Shannahan put Dan Snyder's favorite toy up on the top shelf for the rest of the season. Big Brand Football is really working out well there.

That being said, I understand your frustration. But IMO a quality team has to be built systematically through the draft and strategic free agent acquisition.

I agree... BUT it starts with a cornerstone @ QB. Luck is a cornerstone... EJ no so much. Kelly was a cornerstone. Face it, the Bills simply are not going to win ala the Flacco or Dilfer method.

Wow, I thought you were just joking around with these posts. Are you really being serious?

I am obviously frustrated and have no patience after past projects. It is time to hedge the mistakes @ what is most obvioulsy becoming the most pivotal position in all of football.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

For the season, he's at 77.7 -- not good. I'd like to see him end up in the low 80s by the end of the season.

As for today, it was nice to see him rally after a very bad start. That sack fumble was inexcusable though -- he saw it coming and had an opportunity to throw it away. They were in fg position. Still, he had a pretty good game.

The Tampa game killed his rating...He was right around 82 before that...Which is certainly respectable for a Rookie QB... B-)

This thread has, predictably, gone off of the rails. Manuel, at the end of the day, had a pretty good game and made a lot of nice plays on the game winning drive. The throw he made to Goodwin (dropped) was a thing of beauty.

This... and wow when did this board turn into such a troll magnet?

Haven't posted in a few weeks and I come back to find a ton of noobs spouting the same negative non-sense and sucking the joy out of a winnable game that the Bills usually find a way to lose.

This... and wow when did this board turn into such a troll magnet?

Haven't posted in a few weeks and I come back to find a ton of noobs spouting the same negative non-sense and sucking the joy out of a winnable game that the Bills usually find a way to lose.

The exact opposite can be said. And facts back it up. How many years do we have to endure the Pollyanna's?

How many of these Qb projects have failed. Watching this game is like watching RJ beat the Chiefs or JP & Trent beating... Wait, I can't remember them beating anybody... ;-P

4 and counting... I think the trolls are the Pollyanna's of the board. Unicorns and sunshine! Look what Tom Brady did!

Who is this bumper crop of qbs you speak of? Many are saying this year is just as suspect as last year wrt the qb position. All of the top qbs have question marks.

What is your point? Besides that there looks to be more Bills fans in the crowd for a ROAD game in JAX.

LOL. I didn't have any "point" at all! I am just sharing a couple pics from the game! I actually have EJ's TD run too, but you can barely see him. You can just see his helmet off the left shoulder of the Jag's defensive lineman, at about in the center of the picture....1/2 second either way and it would have been a great shot. LOL

post-1011-0-67901700-1387160333_thumb.jpg

This thread has, predictably, gone off of the rails. Manuel, at the end of the day, had a pretty good game and made a lot of nice plays on the game winning drive. The throw he made to Goodwin (dropped) was a thing of beauty.

I agree.

It's basically impossible to know whether or not EJ is the guy at this point. He's had good games and he's had bad games. Pretty much what you'd expect from a rookie.

What baffles me is how people constantly talk about teams tanking to get better draft picks. I would love for someone to explain exactly how a team would execute this. It's impossible. Players and coaches are aways 'interviewing' for their jobs. They will take any opportunity to show progress, even if it's a good game against buffalo or Jacksonville. So diminishing this win because Jacksonville was 'tanking' for a better draft pick is patently absurd.

Who is this bumper crop of qbs you speak of? Many are saying this year is just as suspect as last year wrt the qb position. All of the top qbs have question marks.

Manziel

Bridgewater

McCarron

Carr

Bortles

Could all conceivably go in the first round.

Better than EJ & Geno in 2013.

I want insurance... Another top pick chomping @ the bit... Especially a guy like Manziel to light a fire.

LOL. I didn't have any "point" at all! I am just sharing a couple pics from the game! I actually have EJ's TD run too, but you can barely see him. You can just see his helmet off the left shoulder of the Jag's defensive lineman, at about in the center of the picture....1/2 second either way and it would have been a great shot. LOL

Thanks for the pics bro. Ignore the BS.

There are a couple of guys who post on here who have so much man love for EJ, it really makes me wonder WTF?

Are you guys watching the same games that I watch?

Because that was NOT good quarterbacking play today. Hate to break it to you. It was better than his last performance, yes. Was it good? No.

As other people mentioned earlier in this thread, this guy had some passes caught that most receivers would have dropped – 2 passes to Woods come to mind……2 times Woods went and got the ball with his fingertips. Other receivers on this team would have tipped those passes to the defense.

EJ very, very rarely hits receivers in stride which is why you don’t see much run after the catch out of this team.

He ran recklessly with the ball dangling out to his side and had a sack fumble that cost the Bills points. This was pointed out as being one of his major faults right after he was drafted. And obviously he still does it.

And if you are going to judge EJ based on his stats as you stat lovers so much love to do here, then you can’t drop his bad games or bad drives or bad plays from the stats. You have to count all his stats.

The only reason EJ gets a break is because he is a rookie. Next year, if he plays like that, more and more fans are going to call for his head.

I am glad the Bills won and I want them to win every game no matter who is QB or what our draft prospects are going to be. Just win. The Bills won today and they won on the road. That gives me some hope that they are going to get better. But the play of the QB today was nothing to be proud of.

Carpenter from 40 to end the half....it's Good!

Oh, and to answer an earlier question: yeah, the stadium was only about half full all day. Personally, I think it's absolutely idiotic for all these people who had a ticket (game was sold out) but didn't go, to not give that ticket away to someone who would have gone....makes no sense.

post-1011-0-64607600-1387160844_thumb.jpg

Edited by John in Jax

Manziel

Bridgewater

McCarron

Carr

Bortles

Could all conceivably go in the first round.

Better than EJ & Geno in 2013.

I want insurance... Another top pick chomping @ the bit... Especially a guy like Manziel to light a fire.

I think you are way too negative on EJ.

That being said, I'm not totally opposed to the idea of drafting another QB, even at 1. IMHO, having a franchise QB is exponentially more impt than anything else. If the FO isn't sold on EJ, they then have an obligation to do what they can to get that guy.

What they can't do is hitch their wagon to EJ soley because they don't want to look bad.

It's a tough call. Glad I'm not an NFL GM.

What's crawled up your ass? People cant share nice pics?

Nothing! The pics are great. But this is an EJ thread and how he played... Of course, the tie-in will come if he is our franchise Qb!

RJ/JP/Trent all had games like EJ had. I hope EJ isn't a bust... But how many years do we have to endure these projects? Bills haven't been to the playoff since the 1990's! And once again, the Polllyanna's are lining up @ the door and saying: "give it time!" How many times have we heard this? EJ stunk up the field last week before my own eyes. I know he is a rookie... But come on...

I guess something did crawl up my azz... 14 years of futility hitching the Qb position to the same old, same old!

I think you are way too negative on EJ.

That being said, I'm not totally opposed to the idea of drafting another QB, even at 1. IMHO, having a franchise QB is exponentially more impt than anything else. If the FO isn't sold on EJ, they then have an obligation to do what they can to get that guy.

What they can't do is hitch their wagon to EJ soley because they don't want to look bad.

It's a tough call. Glad I'm not an NFL GM.

Fair enough... I still say get another big name in there so EJ and the new dude will be looking over their shoulder! It is the only thing left? When was the last time that happened... Oh yeah, with Dougie & RJ... Wait, that's the last time the Bills sniffed the playoffs... Outside of Bledsoe's coin toss debacle against the Pitt scrubs!

Back on topic....EJ played just average in my mind....some good, some bad. The INT on the screen pass could have been a backbreaker, but then EJ hustled back and made the tackle. And yes, as I stated earlier in this very thread, there were a bunch of passes which were slightly off target, and the receivers made great catches. The FOUR turnovers by the Jags certainly played prominently into the Bills winning this game though.

As other people mentioned earlier in this thread, this guy had some passes caught that most receivers would have dropped – 2 passes to Woods come to mind……2 times Woods went and got the ball with his fingertips. Other receivers on this team would have tipped those passes to the defense.

EJ very, very rarely hits receivers in stride which is why you don’t see much run after the catch out of this team.

He ran recklessly with the ball dangling out to his side and had a sack fumble that cost the Bills points. This was pointed out as being one of his major faults right after he was drafted. And obviously he still does it.

The only reason EJ gets a break is because he is a rookie. Next year, if he plays like that, more and more fans are going to call for his head.

^^ This.

I like stats as much as the next guy, but While he may have went 17 for 20 193 yards and a rating of 105.0; my eyes tell me he didn't play that good....

He very rarely hits any WR in stride; the WR has to leap and make a miraculous catch, he stares WRs down; is somewhat reckless with the ball when running...and he has been like this all season.

Am I glad we won - meh. Honestly the higher the draft choice the better of we will be - we are stuck in this drafting at 11 for like the past 14 years. Not bad enough to grab a true impact player and are always left with the blah group of players and we always choose wrong.The stench of losing still reeks in the franchise and the more skilled players we can get the better of we will be. I am not a troll; had season ticks for a decade and followed them since I was little kid in the early 80s. I want this team to win and turn it around....

EJ is far from a sure thing and honestly I am sick of the reclamation projects at QB and the thought that we can coach them up. The last real coach we had was LeBeau for lost season and before that was Wade. We don't bring the right coaches in to coach a kid up and honestly; how often does that really happen? EJ has to get better in hurry and start hitting his players in stride and not expecting them to make a miraculous catch....

Carpenter from 40 to end the half....it's Good!

Oh, and to answer an earlier question: yeah, the stadium was only about half full all day. Personally, I think it's absolutely idiotic for all these people who had a ticket (game was sold out) but didn't go, to not give that ticket away to someone who would have gone....makes no sense.

So now people are buying tix and not going... Last time I was in JAX, they had the upper decks tarped. Do they still do that?

Last week in Tampa, it looked like almost half Bills fans! First time I was in an away stadium and felt @ home!!

Nothing! The pics are great. But this is an EJ thread and how he played... Of course, the tie-in will come if he is our franchise Qb!

RJ/JP/Trent all had games like EJ had. I hope EJ isn't a bust... But how many years do we have to endure these projects? Bills haven't been to the playoff since the 1990's! And once again, the Polllyanna's are lining up @ the door and saying: "give it time!" How many times have we heard this? EJ stunk up the field last week before my own eyes. I know he is a rookie... But come on...

I guess something did crawl up my azz... 14 years of futility hitching the Qb position to the same old, same old!

Fair enough... I still say get another big name in there so EJ and the new dude will be looking over their shoulder! It is the only thing left? When was the last time that happened... Oh yeah, with Dougie & RJ... Wait, that's the last time the Bills sniffed the playoffs... Outside of Bledsoe's coin toss debacle against the Pitt scrubs!

Manziel is too small to last - Dont see the others as clearly better than EJ. FWIW EJ was ALWAYS a project - and he is pretty much exactly as ordered. Despite that aspect that your patience is worn out.....aint gonna change the picture. Cant see the Bills using a1-3 rounder on a QB.

snapback.pngMDFan, on 15 December 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

I hope you are kidding. I would hate to think the alternative.

No, I was not kidding. Not at all.

Well losers lose, U hoping our football team will lose, is a loser mentality! LOSER!

We're you expecting any thing less for playing one of if not THE crappiest team in the NFL ??

Now if he does that against Atlanta, New England, & others then there is something to celebrate but common man the Jags suck worse than we do !!

If he didn't look that good then there would be something to worry about !

And he should worry more about his play than celebration dance !!!

You do realize TB and Atlanta have the same record??????????????? Also the Bills are near the bottom of the league with Atlanta n Jax. So i dont get what u wrote! Edited by snamsnoops

There are a couple of guys who post on here who have so much man love for EJ, it really makes me wonder WTF?

Are you guys watching the same games that I watch?

Because that was NOT good quarterbacking play today. Hate to break it to you. It was better than his last performance, yes. Was it good? No.

And if you are going to judge EJ based on his stats as you stat lovers so much love to do here, then you can’t drop his bad games or bad drives or bad plays from the stats. You have to count all his stats.

I am glad the Bills won and I want them to win every game no matter who is QB or what our draft prospects are going to be. Just win. The Bills won today and they won on the road. That gives me some hope that they are going to get better. But the play of the QB today was nothing to be proud of.

Thanks for being brave Dave! I want him to succeed badly... But come on, are people really watching?

Yep....4 sections in the upper deck, and even one section in the lower bowl, at the north endzone, as seen here.

Great pics by the way!

Very pathetic about the tarps... One time I went to a early in the year game in JAX and people were dropping like flies from the heat... Oh my! @ first I thought it was the both teams product on the field!

;-P

In his first career start, he threw 2 tds, 0 ints & left the field with the lead against NE. He helped us score 31 points against Atlanta and was leading 2 game winning drives before fumbles. He helped beAt the defending SB champs.

But all people do is talk about the bad games or try to diminish when he does something good.

I agrre! Also he has been injured and missed TC time as well as some of the regular season. So he is coming along, just not as fast as people would want. A lot of people on here complain about Hacket and how terrible he is, but the same people also think EJ should b cut with Hackett ( not my opinion) If our OC is so terrible than EJ is looking more and more like a good QB. A rookie with a "terrible" OC and he still is playing pretty good for a ROOK!