Fire Doug Marrone, Draft Another 1st Round QB

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jauron teams were better with less talent.

Easily a better coach than the last 2.

Jauron had the best record but he left Gailey with the biggest mess over the last 15 years. IMO the biggest turnaround was in the Gailey era. Currently under Marrone we are regressing (with better talent). The QB play and in-game management closely resemble the Jauron era.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

And as far as firing the coach and getting rid of the QB...thats ridiculous. This team has undeniably been hampered by injuries...injuries to very important players on this team. This is Marrone's first year, has a first year QB, has a FA rookie QB, and a practice squad cast away QB. This team has faced a lot of adversity this year, yet has been in almost all their games except 3.

Gaileys teams were blown out every loss damn near, and they lost a lot.

Since when did the development of a rookie QB become expected to be his rookie year? Used to be 3 years, now all of a sudden it must be instant or he is a bust. Doesn't matter that its the most difficult position in all of team sports period. Doesn't matter he has no O Line help. Doesn't matter he missed half the preseason and half the regular season. Doesn't matter that he has injuries to ALL of his offensive weapons...every single one (SJ, Woods, Goodwin, Chandler, Fred, and CJ have all been banged up and missed time or games). You people still expect him to be a top 10 QB already.

Reality is, its WAAAAAAAY to early to know what Marrone, EJ, etc are capable of. They need time to develop together. EJ needs more protection and more weapons. He has no one with size or sure hands to throw to. SJ is unreliable and lost us games...Woods and Goodwin are promising but still developing themselves...Fred and CJ have been battered with injuries and an inconsistent OL.

But, reality is what really doesn't matter to the over reacting fans here.

Jauron had the best record but he left Gailey with the biggest mess over the last 15 years. IMO the biggest turnaround was in the Gailey era. Currently under Marrone we are regressing (with better talent). The QB play and in-game management closely resemble the Jauron era.

Odds are we would though. Marrone is a rookie. That's the risk when you get a college guy, over a pro retread.

The reality is there is zero chance he will be fired after one season. We need to hope he grows and improves. Same with EJ.

And as far as firing the coach and getting rid of the QB...thats ridiculous. This team has undeniably been hampered by injuries...injuries to very important players on this team. This is Marrone's first year, has a first year QB, has a FA rookie QB, and a practice squad cast away QB. This team has faced a lot of adversity this year, yet has been in almost all their games except 3.

Since when did the development of a rookie QB become expected to be his rookie year? Used to be 3 years, now all of a sudden it must be instant or he is a bust. Doesn't matter that its the most difficult position in all of team sports period. Doesn't matter he has no O Line help. Doesn't matter he missed half the preseason and half the regular season. Doesn't matter that he has injuries to ALL of his offensive weapons...every single one (SJ, Woods, Goodwin, Chandler, Fred, and CJ have all been banged up and missed time or games). You people still expect him to be a top 10 QB already.

Reality is, its WAAAAAAAY to early to know what Marrone, EJ, etc are capable of. They need time to develop together. EJ needs more protection and more weapons. He has no one with size or sure hands to throw to. SJ is unreliable and lost us games...Woods and Goodwin are promising but still developing themselves...Fred and CJ have been battered with injuries and an inconsistent OL.

Hampered by injuries? Who was injured today?

One bad game is not a reason to start from scratch. I believe that both Marrone and EJ will be fine. This game was going to be a stinker from the beginning. After the loss last week this game was going to tank this game. EJ did not give up an 80 yard TD Run. EJ was not run or pass blocking. Sure he was bad today, but the rest of the team didn't any favors. Two of his INT's were because of Wide receivers.

The team is 4-9, today was as bad as it gets. They're at scratch and have been. The running game was terrible today but they weren't even trying it early. If the Bills weren't so terrible i'd complain about how pathetic the officiating is. Though a good season in the past decade is 7-9 you won't get calls, ever.

Hampered by injuries? Who was injured today?

Did I blame todays loss on injuries? No. I said this team has been hampered all season...not this week only...all season by injuries. Pretty hard for an offense to build consistency when the entire offenses has been in and out of the lineup all year due to injuries. You want excuses or answers for todays game then reply to a different post. I am talking about the overall season for Marrone and EJ in the cries to fire him and draft a new QB.

How anyone can expect a first year coach get it all figured out on the offense when the offense has been so affected by injuries across the entire starting 11 is puzzling to me.

Did I blame todays loss on injuries? No. I said this team has been hampered all season...not this week only...all season by injuries. Pretty hard for an offense to build consistency when the entire offenses has been in and out of the lineup all year due to injuries. You want excuses or answers for todays game then reply to a different post. I am talking about the overall season for Marrone and EJ in the cries to fire him and draft a new QB.

How anyone can expect a first year coach get it all figured out on the offense when the offense has been so affected by injuries across the entire starting 11 is puzzling to me.

They were winning when they were injured and starting playing worse when they got healthier. At their healthiest they had their worst game of the year. I don't buy into the injuries excuse with this team.

This is based on peripherials, not meant to be reactionary after this game.

We will likely have another shot at getting a viable 1st round pick at QB. QB is undeniably the most important position in the NFL. Manuel hasn't proved anything nor deserves to be the starter next year.

In terms of coaching, in short the peripherials are looking similar or worse than the Jauron and Edwards era which is perhaps the worst era as a Bills fans in the last 15 years. Casual fans were clouded by "things look different", "games are close" and "Marrone is changing the culture" but it was really the defense that looked different thanks to Pettine. The "Pettine coattails" as I liked to call them. They are unraveling as the defense hasn't played well in the last month.

Like Jauron, Marrones team plays close to better to elite teams and lose to lesser to bad teams. Both Jauron and Marrone liked to give up big leads...leading to an eventual lose.

Marrones team overall however is playing worse the healther the team gets as the season goes on. Most notably the QB and his development. Jaurons team never had the benefit of getting healthy late in the season. Jauron was always devasted by injuries especially late in the year.

Marrone has a worse challange % than Dick Jauron. Although they look eqaually lost on the sideline. Marrones in-game management is one of the worst in the NFL this year.

Marrone is coaching up one of the most undisciplined teams in the NFL and the worst among Bills teams in decades. The amount of penalties for 1st downs is horrificly bad. Marrone is not even addressing this.

Marrones specialty is offensive line and the offensive line is regressing.

Like Jauron, Marrone and his staff is unable to develop a quarterback. It is scary how similar EJ Manuel and Trent Edwards are. Check down machines. Innacurate over 10 yards. No pocket presence. Neither Marrone and Jauron could hire decent offensive coordinators.

The cherry on top is Marrone is working with a lot more talent. This franchise is actually regressing under Marrone.

To sum it up lets be progressive we are not setting this team back 3 years, we are potentially advancing it 3 years by making bold moves.

Marrone and Manuel are as good as gone.

It's just going to take two more years.

Marrone and Manuel are as good as gone.

It's just going to take two more years.

This is the most accurate post I've read today.

If you want a new owners just say you want the Bills to move to L.A. or Toronto because it's the same thing.

I really don't care anymore. Go ahead and move them.

This is based on peripherials, not meant to be reactionary after this game.

We will likely have another shot at getting a viable 1st round pick at QB. QB is undeniably the most important position in the NFL. Manuel hasn't proved anything nor deserves to be the starter next year.

In terms of coaching, in short the peripherials are looking similar or worse than the Jauron and Edwards era which is perhaps the worst era as a Bills fans in the last 15 years. Casual fans were clouded by "things look different", "games are close" and "Marrone is changing the culture" but it was really the defense that looked different thanks to Pettine. The "Pettine coattails" as I liked to call them. They are unraveling as the defense hasn't played well in the last month.

Like Jauron, Marrones team plays close to better to elite teams and lose to lesser to bad teams. Both Jauron and Marrone liked to give up big leads...leading to an eventual lose.

Marrones team overall however is playing worse the healther the team gets as the season goes on. Most notably the QB and his development. Jaurons team never had the benefit of getting healthy late in the season. Jauron was always devasted by injuries especially late in the year.

Marrone has a worse challange % than Dick Jauron. Although they look eqaually lost on the sideline. Marrones in-game management is one of the worst in the NFL this year.

Marrone is coaching up one of the most undisciplined teams in the NFL and the worst among Bills teams in decades. The amount of penalties for 1st downs is horrificly bad. Marrone is not even addressing this.

Marrones specialty is offensive line and the offensive line is regressing.

Like Jauron, Marrone and his staff is unable to develop a quarterback. It is scary how similar EJ Manuel and Trent Edwards are. Check down machines. Innacurate over 10 yards. No pocket presence. Neither Marrone and Jauron could hire decent offensive coordinators.

The cherry on top is Marrone is working with a lot more talent. This franchise is actually regressing under Marrone.

To sum it up lets be progressive we are not setting this team back 3 years, we are potentially advancing it 3 years by making bold moves.

But Brandon & company did a exhaustive search to find the perfect HC to fill the position ???

I think you give them another year. While next years QB draft class will be very good, 2015 may be equally so.

You really can't judge EJ or Maronne on their first seasons in the NFL - especially EJ, who missed all of training camp plus another 5 games.

Given what the QB draft class was last year & us taking one in the first round missing the prior 2 years on Dalton & or Wilson in the later rounds we need to take another QB this year b/c the class is so good !

Or we could do what we did prior to this year & sit back & just think we have our guy & wait another 2 or 3 years to find out we have screwed up !!

Agree about EJ. His decision making is just too slow. Can't have that. You can't really teach that stuff. Dude grounds the ball or runs out of bounds on 3rd and longs. Terrible.

i give Marrone and co. Another year or two. I have faith in them.

I agree about giving them another year or two, but for different reasons. I just don't think a coaching change will make much of a difference. Where I have a problem with Marrone and Co. is that they were part of the decision to draft Manuel. No issue if you want to take a project QB in the 3rd round or later, but you can't waste a first round pick on a "raw talent". These types of decisions are what have kept the Bills in the schitt house for 14 years. Get the drafts right and the rest will take care of it's self.

I didn't read the thread, but it's all so predictable . . . Bills lose, people are walking out on the ledge.

Come on people, use some commons sense and some creativity when creating threads . . . what was the line:

" … what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room (on this board) is now dumber for having listened to it."

Edited by CSBill

I think the Bills should fire all the over reacting fans. Rookie coach, rookie QB, and a game after a devastating emotional loss. What did you expect? And what's the big deal anyhow, why would you want to win a meaningless game now anyhow? We just past Tampa on the draft board.

We need to stay the course. Think about it. Just in the last two weeks the team shot itself in the foot with boneheaded fumbles and penalties. Take those away and you have two wins. Lets fixt the offensive line, receivers and tight end and see what things go from there. Its too soon to throw EJ out and Marrone isn't going anywhere for at least two years.

Marrone's talking now, most of you can start loving him again

wow, talk about being fixated on a topic- Marrone's pressers? really? you think most of us are placated by his fire & brimstone comments? hell no, esp. after a game like today's

But if you feel better about lumping most of this board into this wacky theory, go right ahead

My goodness....A VOICE OF REASON!!!

Back away from the ledge people. While I will admit this was a very disappointing lose, it's not the end of the world.

You cannot get too high or too low on a team that is in it's first year, with a rookie coach, new offensive and defensive systems, and rookie QB.

Besides, we have been playing half the year with back-up QB's, backup cornerbacks the first half of the season, and injuries at WR and RB. Not ideal for a first year team attempting to establish continuity.

This is the second egg the Bills have laid on the road. It's obvious that they haven't recovered from last week's disappointing loss, and they looked hungover.

They played a Tampa team that has been playing tough, and obviously enjoyed home field advantage in 83 degree weather that made Buffalo seem out of sorts (que Russ Brandon on what true homefield advantage means when dealing with the elements...heat or cold.).

This loss was on the offense all of the way. The defense was playing on a short field, and a lesser team would have given up 40+ today with all of the turnovers. Considering the circumstances I think they did very well.

On offense, Manuel acted like a rookie again on a few of his throws, including 3 of his INT's (not including Stevie's deflection). But again, he is a rookie. It's the Steelers game all over again. He'll learn from this one.

The two areas I really blame for this loss is the offensive line, and receivers.

Balls bouncing off of hands of recievers. Drops. Stevie Johnson looked like he was checked out. No receivers were able to get open for any deep throws.

Pears is horrendous, and Legursky is very inconsistent. If there is ever a time to draft a stud tackle to take his place, now is the time. The Bills had no room to run, and Manuel had his share of harrassed throws. If the receivers WERE able to get open for deep throws, Manuel didn't have time to get it to them.

This loss was on execution and on the players, not the coaches. The "Fire Marrone" cries when we lose are laughable. He's a first year head coach playing with alot of first year players, trying to implement his new systems. Stuff is going to go wrong sometimes.

I truly believe had the Bills won last week it would have been a different game. The team looked flat Whether it was heat or the residual effect of last week who knows. As the team grows they will learn how to overcome such adversity.

At this point, not that I am rooting for the Bills to lose, but a high draft pick is our best course for the future. Our OL just isn't consistent, and we need to seriously address that in May.

I am also of the thought process that Steve Johnson just isn't a true number 1 receiver. But honestly, with Woods, Johnson, Goodwin (and seeing if Graham can grow) in addition to Johnson, and I think Receiver isn't the problem for Buffalo. I don't think the Bills need that dominating number 1 to be successful. We have enough talent to have a successful passing game. I really like Chandler, and feel he is a good complement.

I love our direction, and I am looking forward to the upcoming years.

Go Bills!

Edited by dezertbill

Our o-line is our weakness and Stevie doesn't want to touch anything over the middle ,but we continue to throw that to him !Kiko missed in the beginning of game and Tampa was on their way ! If Kiko made the play maybe momentum doesn't go Tampa's way !Kiko is doing fine , it's one bad play ! Just get this o-line together and you give the defense a little longer time on sideline !

you need to use more exclamation points to get your opinions across ....)))

I'm not going to write off EJ Manuel yet, even after today. But Marrone looked exteremely dejected out there today, and clearly this team had a lack of discipline (11+ penalties, 5 turnovers). This team is heading down a dangerous path right now with the way things are unraveling so quickly. Halfway through the season both Tampa Bay and Jacksonville were 0-8 and unanimously the worst two teams in fooball. Fast forward a few weeks and we're now tied with them both at 4-9, having lost five of our last six games. I expected a lot of growing pains this year, but I did not foresee the type of regression this team has shown this late in the year as they seemingly get healthier.

Edited by 808Bills

You're a scumbag, seriously.

I'm not inferring I wish he wasn't with us for christ sakes. I was being facetious. Should have known better on an internet forum. I won't mention the 4 or 5 other posters who intimated or flat out stated the same thing, some much more harshly than I, but call the new guy names if you must.

I just wish he wasn't the man behind all the dysfunctionality and that he would let go and dump Russ, like many of us... Unfortunately, that will never happen while hes alive. So, indirectly, him being alive is what prevents change. I'm fully aware of what the man has done for the city.

Edited by SmokinES3

I'm not going to write off EJ Manuel yet, even after today. But Marrone looked exteremely dejected out there today, and clearly this team had a lack of discipline (11+ penalties, 5 turnovers). This team is heading down a dangerous path right now with the way things are unraveling so quickly. Halfway through the season both Tampa Bay and Jacksonville were 0-8 and unanimously the worst two teams in fooball. Fast forward a few weeks and we're now tied with them both at 4-9, having lost fix of our last six games. I expected a lot of growing pains this year, but I did not foresee the type of regression this team has shown this late in the year as they seemingly get healthier.

I agree, I had no delusions of playoffs or even winning records. I did want to see improvement on both sides of the ball. I can see hope on D but the offense is regressing. I want them to be at least a very difficult out and a team on the rise, the last two weeks have shown the Bills to be the exact opposite. Fire the staff and bench the QB? Not yet but the current trajectory doesn't inspire a ton of cofidence.

First I just want to say Im not for firing Marrone. That said....to the crowd that says step away from the ledge, we got a rookie HC, QB, OC Etc most of you are the same types that said lets see how we progress down the stretch. Well not so good. This team is basically fully healthy and losing to 2 and 3 win teams. Spare me were coming off a disappointing loss, if Marrone is a good coach he should of had them ready to play. Our QB is not improving, I dont think hes had one wow game this season. We have one of the worst records in the league in our last 8 or so games. We are not improving. If you dont have any standards all you have are cheap excuses.