Cue the Kubiak for OC talk

Bronc24

It's not?

CBF

Nope. Execution is the problem. Stopping the other team from scoring so much is the problem. Hackett has adjusted very well, given the pure crap situation he was handed with Kolb and Manuel going down.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero chance. Hackett is firmly entrenched at this point.

Also, why mess with Hackett, who has a strong relationship with EJ? Don't want to set EJ back.

No if we did EJ would be another 3 or 4 years from being a decent QB, at this point he is only 1 or 2 years away from being decent !! HA !!

Nope. Execution is the problem. Stopping the other team from scoring so much is the problem. Hackett has adjusted very well, given the pure crap situation he was handed with Kolb and Manuel going down.

I'll accept your point about execution, and I would also add inconsistency being a problem.

Can't say that I've ever said gee I wish our offense was more like the Houston Texans. As others have said anyone can be successful with John Elway at QB.

And yet, Houston's offense has done pretty well with matt Schaub instead of elway, a UDFA RB, and a whole lot of nothing at wr2..... And incorporates a lot of the principals that people scream about wanting here.

Wrong time wrong place for him to be discussed for buffalo, but I think he's earned a little more credit than he's getting.

Honestly I'm happy with our OC and I think the coaching staff deserves a chance to continue building. I have not lost confidence snd considering the injuries and general inexperience in key positions we have had they have done an impressive job.

I will drink the Koolaid with you. I agree that OC os not the problem. His play calling is getting better every game and the Offense is being given the opportunity to win games. Execution is the problem. Little mistakes here and there and poorly timed penalties (whether just or not) are what is costing us games.

This will never, never happen. Marrone is a former OC and has hand-selected Hackett. Firing Hackett and hiring Kubiak would indicate:

1) Marrone exercised poor judgement in regards to hiring Hackett.

And

2) Marrone is not a good enough offensive mind and leader to right-the-ship by either (a) mentoring Hackett better or (b) assuming offensive control of the team himself.

In effect, the only way we are hiring Kubiak is if Marrone is fired himself.

Besides, I don't know what happened to Matt Schuab. At one point, before this season, he was an excellent QB. The type of QB, on the right team, could probably get you deep into the post-season.

Edited by kas23

And yet, Houston's offense has done pretty well with matt Schaub instead of elway, a UDFA RB, and a whole lot of nothing at wr2..... And incorporates a lot of the principals that people scream about wanting here.

Wrong time wrong place for him to be discussed for buffalo, but I think he's earned a little more credit than he's getting.

Clearly it hasn't worked as Schaub is now backup to a UDFA and Kubiak is fired. Houston won some games in years past thanks to Wade's defense. I'm not impressed with anything Kubiak has done personally. But as you said, the point is moot as we have a OC so this whole topic is pointless. The only coach we should be discussing replacing is Crossman on special teams