Jerry Hughes and Mario Williams chasing history

SBUffalo

I just did a little research... In Buffalo Bills history, they've only had at least two players have double-digit sacks in a single season. That happened in 1995 when three players had double-digit sacks.

Jerry Hughes needs just two more sacks to give the Bills two of them this season. So there's that to pull for.

Technically, Dareus could join them as he has six, but he's much farther off. Kyle Williams has seven, so he could join them as well.

Edited by DStebb716

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't for the Browns getting over on the Colts in the Richardson trade so badly, I would have said we had the most lopsided trade of the year. Hughes for Sheppard looked like an afterthought when it happened and look at the dividends. Oops. I take that back. We did have the most lopsided trade of the year. It was when we traded draft picks that essentially equated to Tavon Austin for EJ and Kiko. Damn, this front office did a hell of a job. I expect it to really pay off next year.

before the season, I wished for a lot of sacks. it's like the ultimate defensive beatdown.

now I wish a vince wilfork type NT was in the middle of all that stopping the run.

using the personnel we have, I'd like to see Branch move to the middle and Dareus play DE.

using the personnel we have, I'd like to see Branch move to the middle and Dareus play DE.

They have been doing that a lot actually.

I would like to see the stats for where Mario is lined up on his sacks. I feel like all of them come when he is lined up on the left side.

The Bills are worse in the only stat that matters. And I find it amazing that the Bills lead in INT's and Sacks, yet are routinely shredded. These "blip stats" can't hide the fact that this is not yet a consistent defense.

The Bills are worse in the only stat that matters. And I find it amazing that the Bills lead in INT's and Sacks, yet are routinely shredded. These "blip stats" can't hide the fact that this is not yet a consistent defense.

Miami has nearly as many sacks and the same number of ints, yet they have only allowed 12 passing TDs. Buffalo has given up 23--only 3 teams have given up more passing TDs. Even the lowly pats passing D is better (nearly as many ints, fewer ypg, lower opponent passer rating, 30% fewer passing TDs given up).

Miami has nearly as many sacks and the same number of ints, yet they have only allowed 12 passing TDs. Buffalo has given up 23--only 3 teams have given up more passing TDs. Even the lowly pats passing D is better (nearly as many ints, fewer ypg, lower opponent passer rating, 30% fewer passing TDs given up).

Injuries have played a big part in the pass defense, with Gilmore being out for a while (and not being 100% still), Byrd & McKelvin also missed some time as well. This is the first year under a new DC with a new defensive system, so there's gonna be some growing pains in certain areas.

Let me know when these transition into wins. I just can't keep accepting more moral victories when they are again well below .500 and probably won't hit it again this year.

Agreed, I feel your pain, but if it weren't for Stevie's & Chandler's fumbles last week, we'd be happy with those sacks..

Let me know when these transition into wins. I just can't keep accepting more moral victories when they are again well below .500 and probably won't hit it again this year.

This year, the defense has improved in a lot of areas. The offense also needs to do their part by playing good on a consistent basis.