Jerry Hughes and Mario Williams chasing history

SBUffalo

So, the big question is would you guys re-sign Hughes? He'll be a free agent coming of a (likely) double-digit sack season at the end of the year. He's clearly a situational player, likely only to flourish in a Pettine-type defense, but that's not going to stop his agent from trying to get a lot of money from some dumb team. I'll give him 4-5 million per year, but not much more. Sure, we have the cap space, but that's best spent wisely when we are ready for a serious run.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the big question is would you guys re-sign Hughes? He'll be a free agent coming of a (likely) double-digit sack season at the end of the year. He's clearly a situational player, likely only to flourish in a Pettine-type defense, but that's not going to stop his agent from trying to get a lot of money from some dumb team. I'll give him 4-5 million per year, but not much more. Sure, we have the cap space, but that's best spent wisely when we are ready for a serious run.

Jerry Hughes is signed until after the 2014 season. He becomes a Free Agent in March of 2015.

We just need another LB and a real CB with this current group, and we'd be pretty decent, I think.

Thing is, we'll also be needing a FS next season, unless the Bills can convince Byrd to stick around. (I don't think they'll franchise him again)