Tashard Choice released, Wingo's role to increase

It tells players who are currently uncut-able that continued screw-ups will have consequences.

Anyone who has followed sports for any length of time has seen analogous moves, whether it be in football, hockey, or any sport.

I don't get it. Choice didn't screw-up. Stevie and Chandler did. That is like grounding my younger daughter cos the older one blew her curfew.

True but if Chandler hadn't fumbled the ball, none of this shyt storm would have happened.

SJBF, normally I agree with much of what you post but you are reaching on this one.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can disagree with me all they want.

IMO, part of the cutting of choice was a general reaction to the Bills loss and a shot across the bow to a few players still on the roster.

I don't get it. Choice didn't screw-up. Stevie and Chandler did. That is like grounding my younger daughter cos the older one blew her curfew.

SJBF, normally I agree with much of what you post but you are reaching on this one.

Thanks FiC.

I've played on teams where the coach would yell and scream at one player to get the message to other players. That's often what "whipping boys" are for. As I've said before, anyone who has watched sports for a long time or has read lots of sports literature has seen or heard of these sort of punitive transactions in sports before.

As for siblings, older siblings also will often get yelled at for things their younger siblings did but I admit in this case, it's not quite the same dynamic.

IMO, part of the cutting of choice was a general reaction to the Bills loss and a shot across the bow to a few players still on the roster.

Thanks FiC.

I've played on teams where the coach would yell and scream at one player to get the message to other players. That's often what "whipping boys" are for. As I've said before, anyone who has watched sports for a long time or has read lots of sports literature has seen or heard of these sort of punitive transactions in sports before.

As for siblings, older siblings also will often get yelled at for things their younger siblings did but I admit in this case, it's not quite the same dynamic.

So if I am TJ Graham, tonight I pray like hell that CJ doesn't fumble the Bucs game away :D

Anyway, I may agree with the whipping boy analogy but not to the extent of cutting a player. Benching someone would be one thing but outright cutting him solely for this reason sounds extreme and not very productive.

Thanks FiC.

I just think if this was a statement move, he would have just cut Chandler and hoped it worked out (not a hell of a lot to lose, at this point).

I think this was just about a roster spot to bring in competition for Chandler --- which is a message/statement.

But Choice was more a victim of circumstance than a pawn used to send a message, in my opinion.

wow!... he sounds decent.

How low have we sunk when "decent" earns a "Wow!"

What probably happened is Brandon and Marrone were arguing about starting EJ. Marrone wants to bench him, and Brandon told him "You don't have a choice." Whaley overheard and misunderstood, and cut Tashard.

Yeah, it's an outlandish theory...but would you really be surprised?

Tashard Choice@tchoice23 7m

I want to thank teammates coaches and the organization for my time in Buffalo. A special thanks to the fans for you support. God bless

Retweeted by The #BillsMafia

How low have we sunk when "decent" earns a "Wow!"

What probably happened is Brandon and Marrone were arguing about starting EJ. Marrone wants to bench him, and Brandon told him "You don't have a choice." Whaley overheard and misunderstood, and cut Tashard.

Yeah, it's an outlandish theory...but would you really be surprised?

If it was Nix, I would actually assume that is indeed what happened.

I don't recall him ripping off any huge runs against anyone. He was really below average, kind of a filler on the roster. I for one really like the idea of Summers on the roster. What a tank. Perfect for short and goal situations. Fred and CJ do an awesome job when the field is long, but seem to get fumbleitus near the goal line. Summers is perfect for that situation. I can't wait to see how he does against NE.

His best game came against Cleveland last year after Spiller got hurt and he had almost 100 yards rushing for us...

i think that choice was a great teammate and a capable backup/3rd rb. but i also believe that he has achieved all he really can as far as his ceiling is concerned. so in my opinion, the bills are looking at guys with potential right now, and guys with limited ability are becoming increasingly expendable.

Choice played in 6 games for the Bills in 2011, 28 carries for 75 yards with 2 fumbles and they didn't keep him.

In 2012 Choice was resigned as a fill in, a 1 year signing due to injuries

he got close to 2 years

How the hell do people twist this into a SJ , SC issue? :bag:

Lets see what Wingo has and work from there

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I really think the cut has little to do with wanting to see what Wingo has got. The Bills are simply looking at the overall roster, trying to find ways to improve. They just signed TE Moeaki for instance. Choice was a good 3rd string back, but the Bills need to improve 1st stringers. Moeaki is likely going to do that and since Choice was a 3rd stringer, he was the odd man out. Now maybe it has nothing to do with Moeaki being added to the roster either... just using that as an example really. There may be other reasons yet to be seen. Remember, we are only allowed a 53 man roster. The idea is to get the best players on the field. Choice rarely saw action unless someone was hurt. The Bills need to get the best ballers on the field and playing on a regular basis.

Funny how everyone assumes cutting a RB is all about the RB position.

Edited by Rockinon

I really think the cut has little to do with wanting to see what Wingo has got. The Bills are simply looking at the overall roster, trying to find ways to improve. They just signed TE Moeaki for instance. Choice was a good 3rd string back, but the Bills need to improve 1st stringers. Moeaki is likely going to do that and since Choice was a 3rd stringer, he was the odd man out. Now maybe it has nothing to do with Moeaki being added to the roster either... just using that as an example really. There may be other reasons yet to be seen. Remember, we are only allowed a 53 man roster. The idea is to get the best players on the field. Choice rarely saw action unless someone was hurt. The Bills need to get the best ballers on the field and playing on a regular basis.

The only thing I can hope about about Wingo is that he knows enough to be the starter. I don't want another Tuel situation.

It's not a bad assumption to make though. FJ is the 2nd oldest RB in the league(likely will be the oldest next season)......and CJ will be a FA in 2015. Even if CJ is re-signed we will need somebody of quality to replace FJ to compliment him.

It might not be all about the RB position.....but it makes sense that they are thinking about the future of the RB position at this time.