John Bongiovi interested in buying the Bills

Doc

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this smug Canadian thinks that they are doing us a favor by taking our team, well guess what buddy if they go they aren't our team anymore. :angry: :angry: :angry:

"Yes, the Bills won’t leave Western New York until 2020. That sounds like forever, but it’s well within the acceptable window. It’ll take years to build the team a new home somewhere on Toronto’s waterfront and transition them over the border. Until then, the two cities can split games between the Ralph and the Rogers Centre.Buffalo knows in its heart that this is finally for real. They’re understandably torn. Hopefully, by the time it’s over,

we’ll be able to explain to them that we’re not taking their team away. We’re ensuring its longevity.

Most importantly, this doesn’t need to be zero sum.We’re always willing to share with friends."

http://www.thestar.c...wo-bills-drive#

Ok I hate Toronto and I grew up there so i can say that.

Toronto is like a rich @$$hole who only wants to purchase something so it will look good in their "portfolio"

The city of Toronto is a corporate one no matter how you look at it and that applies to sports teams there.

I hate when someone thinks they are entitled to something and thinks they will get what they want just because they are big and rich. Thats the impression I get from this article.

I am a proud Canadian and love my country but if Toronto buys the Bills I will be sick to my stomach and have a hard decision to make as to if I would still support the Bills even though they wont be the Bills anymore.

Anyone else feel that Toronto is acting as a bully and taking something that is ours and trying to make us feel better by saying hey its still technicaly yours even though we own it.

Man I hate Toronto. Stick to your CFL,NHL,NBA,MLB,NLL,MLS.

You dont need the NFL and the NFL does not need you.

CBF

Totally.

Just curious as to why you would think that is necessary given the consistent support Bills fans provide over the years despite the mediocrity on the field.

Just curious as to why you would think that is necessary given the consistent support Bills fans provide over the years despite the mediocrity on the field.

Is it necessary for Ralph to reveal that he has a plan in place to keep the Bills in Buffalo after he dies?

this---^

it's KNOW, not NO.

Eh!?!?

:oops: sometimes the txt talk slips through

Toronto is like a rich @$$hole who only wants to purchase something so it will look good in their "portfolio"

The city of Toronto is a corporate one no matter how you look at it and that applies to sports teams there.

I hate when someone thinks they are entitled to something and thinks they will get what they want just because they are big and rich. Thats the impression I get from this article.

I am a proud Canadian and love my country but if Toronto buys the Bills I will be sick to my stomach and have a hard decision to make as to if I would still support the Bills even though they wont be the Bills anymore.

Anyone else feel that Toronto is acting as a bully and taking something that is ours and trying to make us feel better by saying hey its still technicaly yours even though we own it.

CBF

Well said and good to know.

Is it necessary for Ralph to reveal that he has a plan in place to keep the Bills in Buffalo after he dies?

Necessary? Of course not. The question is understanding the reason why, if there is a plan in place, he wouldn't. What's to gain by leaving everyone in dread-filled suspense? More ticket sales?

Necessary? Of course not. The question is understanding the reason why, if there is a plan in place, he wouldn't. What's to gain by leaving everyone in dread-filled suspense? More ticket sales?

I think that it was discussed in another thread but Ralph is trying to avoid about $150M in Capital Gains tax by selling while he is alive. Perhaps he does not want to raise any red flags that will have Uncle Sam after his estate? Just my thought...

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if Ralph were to pass tomorrow and Mr. Bovine Joni were to buy it; wouldn't he be forced to keep it here for another 6 seasons after this one?

I'd hate to be the PR guys answering to Buffalo media for however long the lease guarantees their stay here.

Not forced to but he would pretty much have to. He would pay $800-$900M for the team; he would not pay another $400M to get out of the lease. It drops to $28M in year 7. The sooner the team hits the market the more likely they are to remain in WNY. No one with intentions of moving the team will want to wait 7 years. They may wait a year or 2 but not 7.

I think that it was discussed in another thread but Ralph is trying to avoid about $150M in Capital Gains tax by selling while he is alive. Perhaps he does not want to raise any red flags that will have Uncle Sam after his estate? Just my thought...

Agree with this. If IRS found out Ralph had a plan or agreement in place to sell team before he died, they could rightfully come after his estate for the capital gains tax.

I think we need to start a site to take donations to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Any Buffalo based ownership group that buys the team will get it. If all of the fans and local businesses came up with say $500-1000 each we could probably end up with upwards of $100 million to add to the pot which might mean the difference between a local investor group offering $900 million and a Toronto group offering $1 billion. If we start it now I bet it can grow to a substantial size between now and 2020

Agree with this. If IRS found out Ralph had a plan or agreement in place to sell team before he died, they could rightfully come after his estate for the capital gains tax.

Huh? If it's sold before he dies, he pays capital gains. If it sells after he dies, there is only the estate tax (unless he wills it only to his wife). If he wills it to her and she sells it, she pays only the capital gains.

Huh? If it's sold before he dies, he pays capital gains. If it sells after he dies, there is only the estate tax (unless he wills it only to his wife). If he wills it to her and she sells it, she pays only the capital gains.

If Ralph came out and said Bills are getting sold to such-and-such group when I die to calm Bills fans, IRS could deem that sale effectively happened before he died and come after his estate for the capital gains tax.

CBF

"taking something that is ours" ?? what ?? ours? Ralph Wilson owns the franchise. He can do whatever he wants with it. The fans own nothing other than what is known as "reflected glory" or bragging rights, and that ain't much. He's been loyal to WNY for 50 years but he says he is auctioning it off to the highest bidder and none of his heirs want it. It is what it is.

Edited by 8and8Forever