John Bongiovi interested in buying the Bills

Doc

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For clarification, Bell and Rogers jointly own controlling shares in Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, thus MLSE is not independent of Rogers , it part of their holdings. It in my opinion whatever their intent that they out of respect to Mr. Wilson keep whatever plans they may have in the boardroom and not out for public gossip. Can only hope if Toronto were to get a team and got think given the monies available to them they will at some point, but it not come at the expense of Buffalo. These stories seem to come and go, got to wonder why this one now.

I'm going to bet with their 18 billion in assets that Rogers has deeper pockets. Now, they are a company with a lot of divisions and sports is a very small part of that, but they have the deepest pockets.

MLSE is not so diverse and is worth considerably less... a couple billion. I am not sure about the people behind them, though.

So now according to the AP JBJ is "not currently pursuing" the Bills.

http://www.pro32.ap.org/article/publicist-refutes-bon-jovis-pursuit-bills

This doesn't mean he won't be "interested" when Ralph passes.

I'm also still concerned about the Toronto/MLSE interest in the team. Erie County needs to get their youknowwhat together in getting a new stadium plan moving forward.

For clarification, Bell and Rogers jointly own controlling shares in Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, thus MLSE is not independent of Rogers , it part of their holdings. It in my opinion whatever their intent that they out of respect to Mr. Wilson keep whatever plans they may have in the boardroom and not out for public gossip. Can only hope if Toronto were to get a team and got think given the monies available to them they will at some point, but it not come at the expense of Buffalo. These stories seem to come and go, got to wonder why this one now.

That's right, Rogers invested in MLSE last year, right?

The NFL viewing this as the same "region" would be key, as owners who run other franchises in Toronto couldn't by rule own the Bills unless the league considered it the same "region."

This doesn't assuage any fans' worries that they were drawing up the blueprint for a move to Toronto all along.

This stuff surfaces during Toronto week every year.

this------^

What tops it off is that there's a bye week prior to the game.

Some idiot Toronto writer that would make Jerry Sullivan look like a prize winner trying to make a name for himself.

So now according to the AP JBJ is "not currently pursuing" the Bills.

http://www.pro32.ap....s-pursuit-bills

This doesn't mean he won't be "interested" when Ralph passes.

I'm also still concerned about the Toronto/MLSE interest in the team. Erie County needs to get their youknowwhat together in getting a new stadium plan moving forward.

How can you trust anything a guy says with the last name "Sunshine"?

CBF

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the Wilsons have full control as to who they inevitably sell the team to? Just because this band of canadians might have billions at their disposal, don't you think the Wilson's would rather stay loyal to Ralph after his passing and sell it to a group with interest in Buffalo?

So who the heck cares how much money they have, in the end the team is not theirs unless the Wilsons choose them and they won't.

I didn't say it was implausible. I only said that it was completely unsubstantiated and probably fabricated.

What about stupid fans and railings that are too low to protect them from themselves?

For the record, I believe strongly that if this were to come to fruition, Bongiovi would come in and say and do all the right things to ingratiate himself to the region, league, and fanbase, and move the team to LA (or Toronto) within 10 years.

You don't buy a team and leave it in Buffalo unless you have some strong ties to and feelings for the region.

Don't be so sure.

How many times must the LA experiment fail? If there is a huge populous there but they don't give a rats azz about football.... Well I know the next guy always thinks they are somehow smarter but still LA is a tough sell...

Bills have been making money while sucking for over a decade. That sort of fan loyalty is worth something. Don't be so sure the play here isn't to keep pushing the regionalization angle that already started while minimizing collateral damage to the existing base who is loyal enough to pull you through the bad times.

Niagara Fall stadium could be the winner.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the Wilsons have full control as to who they inevitably sell the team to? Just because this band of canadians might have billions at their disposal, don't you think the Wilson's would rather stay loyal to Ralph after his passing and sell it to a group with interest in Buffalo?

So who the heck cares how much money they have, in the end the team is not theirs unless the Wilsons choose them and they won't.

This is what I'm hoping for and Jim Kelly's remarks in the past seem to indicate something like this.

It might make more business sense for a billionaire to buy the team and move it to LA or TO or where-ever. Let's hope local loyalties and respect for tradition trump business sense.

This is what I'm hoping for and Jim Kelly's remarks in the past seem to indicate something like this.

It might make more business sense for a billionaire to buy the team and move it to LA or TO or where-ever. Let's hope local loyalties and respect for tradition trump business sense.

This may or may not be true....we don't know if Mr Wilson has some plan of succession in place...from what he has indecated in the past, he does not. The NFL will utlimately approve, or disapprove of any potential future owners. So, unless Mr Wilson sells the team before he passes, he will have little say in who owns it in the future.

This.

The team will still belong to the Wilson family when Mr. Wilson passes wont it?

Its not like the team will belong to the NFL when he passes away.

We just have to hope that the Wilson family would sell it to someone who would want to keep them in Buffalo.

I know some of you will say they will sell it to the highest bidder I am just hoping that happens to be someone who will keep the team in Buffalo.

CBF

I thought the story has always been that the Bills will be sold to the highest bidder?