Official Playoff Possibilities Thread

eball

Actually it isnt......

What I am looking for is Buffalo to have control of their fate going into week 16.

Buffalo goes 3-0...beating ATL, tb, jax. seems reasonable

Jets need to lose one game, preferably against MIA (either this week, or week 17 works)

1. PIT need to lose 1...they play at GB with a healthy Aaron rodgers they arent beating the Packers with him playing.

2. CLE needs to lose 1...this week probably not--but next week at NE.

3. SD need to lose two...hosting CIN, Giants, Oakland, and KC and at Denver (week 15) seems difficult for them to go 4-1.

4. TEN needs to lose 2...at Indy and at Den, followed by hosting Arizona...they can easily lose 2.

5. Balt needs to lose one w/ 3 of final 4 on the road. very doable.

In the next 3 weeks all of #1-5 happening are very reasonable.

best post of the thread, exactly what fans want to know

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it isnt......

What I am looking for is Buffalo to have control of their fate going into week 16.

Jets need to lose one game, preferably against MIA (either this week, or week 17 works)

1. PIT need to lose 1...they play at GB with a healthy Aaron rodgers they arent beating the Packers with him playing.

3. SD need to lose two...hosting CIN, Giants, Oakland, and KC and at Denver (week 15) seems difficult for them to go 4-1.

4. TEN needs to lose 2...at Indy and at Den, followed by hosting Arizona...they can easily lose 2.

I like it. The bottom line is it is doable to win out, but less likely we make the playoffs. It is likely we are jammed up with other teams at 9-7. The one thing we have on our side is a 9-7 record means we went 4-2 in the AFC East. That could help. Then I don't know how we would compare with others in the AFC record we would be 6-6. 6-6 doesn't look that strong to me. For everyone talking about the Bucs getting hot, they only beat one team with a winning record in the Lions.

What is cool is with three wins in a row in ATL, TB, and Jax, we will start to be talked about in playoff picture scenarios. analysts will start talking about how the Bills are getting hot with a four game winning streak. In addition, we have a opponents that will allow EJ to get into a nice rhythm, and hopefully gain a lot of confidence. Then we have a torrential snowstorm for the Dolphins, and watch the Fish implode with Freddy and CJ going for 240 yards. Now that is a nice daydream right there.

Actually it isnt......

Each of these things happening is reasonable. I'm just not sure ALL of these things happening is reasonable. But that said, I completely agree that if the Bills win the next 3 they will likely still be in the hunt the final two weeks, and what's not to love about that?!

I am just scared that everything will fall into place and all the Bills will need to do is win their last game of the year and they will find a way to lose that in epic fashion.

I'll even take that. At least 2004 was fun while it lasted.

Actually it isnt......

Jets need to lose one game, preferably against MIA (either this week, or week 17 works) Check

1. PIT need to lose 1...they play at GB with a healthy Aaron rodgers they arent beating the Packers with him playing. Check

2. CLE needs to lose 1...this week probably not--but next week at NE. Check

4. TEN needs to lose 2...at Indy and at Den, followed by hosting Arizona...they can easily lose 2. Lost 1 of 2.

Things are progressing well. We need to take care of our own business though.

The brilliant and optimistic Paul Hamilton (wasnt he hockey?) just declared on WGR show the Bills have 0% chance of winning out even though we are totally healthy and face the easiest schedule in the league - what a jack

He's probably watched the BILLS play and realizes they haven't won 2 games in a row this season, much less 5 in a row.