Official Playoff Possibilities Thread

eball

Yea I think people see the 4-8 record and assume all hope is completely lost. But in reality, we are only two games out of the final wildcard spot, with a tiebreaker over the team that is in the spot and also a potential tiebreaker over the other team tied with them. We also have 3 very winnable games coming up unlike the other teams that we are chasing.

And I think most of those losses could have easily been wins, which tells me that they've been in almost every game (New Orleans & Pittsburgh are the only two I can think of where they were outplayed all game long). This also tells me they have a chance at winning all of the games they have left. I know we've all seen this before, but it ain't over 'til it's over. Yes, beating Atlanta would have helped a ton, but it didn't happen. Even before that game, the playoffs were a long shot, anyway. Let's just see what happens.

I'll still be paying attention and rooting for them to win. I know it's unlikely they'll get in, but I'm staying on the bus. For those of you who want to get off, feel free.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I think most of those losses could have easily been wins, which tells me that they've been in almost every game (New Orleans & Pittsburgh are the only two I can think of where they were outplayed all game long). This also tells me they have a chance at winning all of the games they have left. I know we've all seen this before, but it ain't over 'til it's over. Yes, beating Atlanta would have helped a ton, but it didn't happen. Even before that game, the playoffs were a long shot, anyway. Let's just see what happens.

I'll still be paying attention and rooting for them to win. I know it's unlikely they'll get in, but I'm staying on the bus. For those of you who want to get off, feel free.

A Minnesota win over the Ravens and a Dolphins win over the Steelers would be big for us. If those things happen and we win then it goes back to looking like we have a half decent shot

Sums up my feelings exactly. Really my goal now is to have them mathematically alive going into NE in week 17. I think there's a decent chance of that happening, and that would make the NE game the biggest Bills game in a LONG time.

Agree 100%!

The fill in the blank losing to fill in the blank tells me everything I need to know about this team not only in its present form but for the future. Not good. Not good at all.

The fill in the blank were up 21-0 against fill in the blank and I was feeling GOOD! It was pretty much what I was expecting to see against fill in the blank . Then the fill in the blank lose the game.

IMHO it's the incompetent coaches that fill in the blank have. And fill in the blank stuck with these incompetent coaches for a LONG time!

Which team(s) am I describing?

Playing with the calculator, not changing things based on what would help the Bills, but by what I think would actually happen(with the caveat of the Bills winning out):

Wk 14

JAX over HOU

CIN over IND

GB over ATL

NE* over CLE

OAK over NYJ

DET over PHI

PIT over MIA

BUF over TB

KC over WSH

BAL over MIN

DEN over TEN

ARI over STL

SD over NYG

SEA over SF

NO over CAR

DAL over CHI

Wk 15

DEN over SD

WSH over ATL

CHI over CLE

IND over HOU

NE* over MIA

PHI over MIN

SEA over NYG

SF over TB

BUF over JAX

KC over OAK

CAR over NYJ

GB over DAL

ARI over TEN

NO over STL

CIN over PIT

DET over BAL

Wk 16

BUF over MIA

CIN over MIN

KC over IND

STL over TB

CLE over NYJ

CHI over PHI

DAL over WSH

CAR over NO

TEN over JAX

DEN over HOU

DET over NYG

SEA over ARI

GB over PIT

SD over OAK

NE* over BAL

SF over ATL

Wk 17

CAR over ATL

GB over CHI

CIN over BAL

DAL over PHI

TEN over HOU

IND over JAX

NYJ over MIA

DET over MIN

BUF over NE*

NO over TB

NYG over WSH

PIT over CLE

DEN over OAK

SF over ARI

KC over SD

SEA over STL

This puts our boys at 8-8, holding the 6th seed. In this scenario, we would be at NE* for the wild card round, looking for a second win in as many weeks against the evil empire in their home stadium.

If any of these outcomes (outside of BUF over NE* in Wk 17) seem far fetched to you, please explain why you feel that way.

I think the final wild card spot will be decided between BAL and PIT, with everyone else sort of fading back into obscurity over the next few weeks. I don't foresee BAL finishing with fewer than 9 wins with the talent that they have, meaning everyone with eight losses would be all but eliminated. This doesn't mean I don't hope to see the Bills try and finish out strong though, it would definitely be a major confidence surge heading into 2014.

I think the final wild card spot will be decided between BAL and PIT, with everyone else sort of fading back into obscurity over the next few weeks. I don't foresee BAL finishing with fewer than 9 wins with the talent that they have, meaning everyone with eight losses would be all but eliminated. This doesn't mean I don't hope to see the Bills try and finish out strong though, it would definitely be a major confidence surge heading into 2014.

I think Pittsburgh is just too banged up right now to finish much better than 7-9 and as for Baltimore, I see them finishing out around 8-8 because they still have to play at Detroit, at Cincy , and at home against the Pats. Those look like potentially all losses for them. The Vikings this weekend could even give them fits, especially if Peterson lights it up.

I love the optimism here but really, I think we can stick a fork in this season....the next big questions to answer for the remaining games are: 1) Can EJM be the long term answer at QB? I personally don't think so and hope I'm dead wrong; 2) Will the team show some heart and play hard the rest of the season or fold the tent? This will tell me whether or not the coach has lost the team or not and finally, what if any "nuggets" exist on the roster that haven't seen much playing time?

I think the great thing about these next few games in particular is that they'll be great measuring sticks for us. Our record says we're a poor team so there's no real expecation other than to try and string together some wins and finish out the season on a high note. A 7-9 or 8-8 finish would show me some promise.

I love the optimism here but really, I think we can stick a fork in this season....the next big questions to answer for the remaining games are: 1) Can EJM be the long term answer at QB? I personally don't think so and hope I'm dead wrong; 2) Will the team show some heart and play hard the rest of the season or fold the tent? This will tell me whether or not the coach has lost the team or not and finally, what if any "nuggets" exist on the roster that haven't seen much playing time?

I hope you're dead wrong, too. Besides, I don't think we've seen enough of EJ to garner an opinion yet. He's missed enough time that we need more of a sample to really say for sure. If he keeps making the same mistakes, then it's likely he may not be cut out for this league. That said, I think he's got the gumption to figure it out and learn as he goes. Let's see over the next four games. Remember, all of the self-proclaimed experts were looking at Geno Smith as being the next star back in October.

So besides the Bills, who are we routing for this week?

Giants over Chargers, Dolphins over Steelers (kind of a toss up but since we play fins rather have Steelers lose here), Broncos over Titans, Vikings over Ravens, Pats over Browns, Raiders over Jets(kind of a toss up since both teams are same record as bills). Besides the Vikings over Ravens, which still could happen, all of those other games could easily go our way.

Giants over Chargers,

Steelers over Dolphins only because Pitt has a tougher sched

Broncos over Titans

Vikings over Ravens

Browns over Putz

Raiders over Jets - because the Raiders has a tougher sched

Don't forget SD. They are in the hunt too. A loss to the NYG knocks them back.