Official Second Half Thread: Week 10, Bills at Steelers

Beerball

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame rust. Blame inexperience. Whatever.

EJ has issues throwing a football. No accuracy. Too much air when he needs to thread the needle. Rifles it when he needs touch.

This guy doesn't just look "raw". He looks like a large man, learning how to throw a football from scratch.

That's old thinking. It no longer takes 25-30 starts before young QB's are able to show what they can do. If Manuel is one of those 4 year projects......like a poor man's Steve McNair.....then he can do it as the backup to somebody who is ready to go. Truly top NFL QB prospects show their stuff in year 1 now.

That said, it is never wrong to go for the QB. The positions the Bills otherwise need help at can be easily filled in free agency or the second round and later. Draft QB's until you find a franchise one.

I'm not saying they won't be able to tell, I just don't think they'll admit it. Drafting a QB in the first round two years in a row is admitting a huge mistake, and I just doubt this team will do it.

Is there a new rule in the NFL that you can't run the ball straight up the field? You must now run a sweep every time, right? Because that what the Bills are doing. They knew we were good at running between he tackles, just look at what we did last week, so this week, of course, don;t ry that once.