Looking forward to Pittsburgh

TPS

He can get as mad as he wants.

But it's not going to change the fact that the Stillers have allowed the talent on their DLine to deteriorate badly and appear to have completely blown the rebuild on their OLine.

These guys are not good in the trenches right now; they're not even adequate at this point. They still have a couple guys scattered around the roster who can play but some uncharacteristically poor franchise decisions over the last few years have really hurt this team, likely both in the short term as well as long.

Their own fans think they are pure awful from top to bottom. This is finally a barometer game for me with the Bills. I don't care where it is being played. If they don't beat this Steelers team, with the healthiest team they have fielded all year, they have a lot longer to go than I thought. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually called it before the season started, Pitts is bad. The Bills should win this game. Considering how young this team is they do not know the Pitts team from three years ago that was very good. The Pitt team today is old, slow and very very beatable.

BTW, the Bills where not scared of the Ravens, what makes all you guys so scared of Pitt???

Seriously, unless the Bills players hit a bar the night before and Big Ben is there they have nothing to fear!!

Crap. I was feeling pretty good about this game UNTIL the Pats crushed the Steelers rolling up 55 points. It simply cannot help our odds going in to their stadium to face them after they were flat out embarrassed the week prior. Cinci pasted the Jets, and then the Jets came back and beat the Saints the next week. Who would have thought that was possible? You can believe what happened the week prior doesn't matter if you want, but I think it does. The Steelers will give it everything they've got. I'm hoping it's just not quite enough.

Crap. I was feeling pretty good about this game UNTIL the Pats crushed the Steelers rolling up 55 points. It simply cannot help our odds going in to their stadium to face them after they were flat out embarrassed the week prior. Cinci pasted the Jets, and then the Jets came back and beat the Saints the next week. Who would have thought that was possible? You can believe what happened the week prior doesn't matter if you want, but I think it does. The Steelers will give it everything they've got. I'm hoping it's just not quite enough.

It's not the first time Tomlin has threatened his team this year. Unfortunately it rings a little hollow because they don't have the depth. If Ike Taylor doesn't play they're not going to be bringing much on either side of the ball. Art Rooney the second declared a couple of years ago that they needed to get back to "Steelers " football, running the ball and playing defense. They got rid of Arians and went to Haley.

The drafts under Tomlin have been uninspiring other than Timmons/Woodley who were in the bridge draft after Cowher. It's not like they haven't drafted in the trenches, they just haven't had big successes between health problems and lack luster play to replenish their front line players and they are also not hitting many in the later rounds. Their OT's are especially bad and I think we're going to abuse them.

Maybe I'm a little jaded because I have lived here for a long time and I'm tired of hearing about the Steelers from their "fans", but I think we're going to take them behind the woodshed and give them a whooping. We are more physical on the lines and I hope we cram it down their throats and Kiko has a nice game. I'm not going to be surprised if we knock Ben out of the game. I'll be as happy as I was when I saw Frank Reich beat them in person at the 92 wildcard game.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

I live smack dab in Steeler Country and I can tell you first hand the Steeler fans are not crowing about how they are going to stomp the Bills. They are genuinely worried. There is NO trash talk coming from the black and gold wearing fans at all. Usually I take a fair amount of crap in the days leading up to game day, but not this time. Not a peep. I love it!

Problem is the Bills aren't the Pats. Young mistake prone QB's, WR's with fubleitis, and yeah, no Gronkowski to wreak havoc on your matchups.

EJ is likely back so ball security should be good. We ran well against the good front of Chiefs and the Steelers are decidedly inferior in that department. And our front 7 should dominate their OL. Agreed that our TE and overall WR corps is suspect but we should have enough ammo to pull this one off.

A. Rodgers was my FF starter. Big Ben is my backup....

I cannot stand the thought of starting an opposing QB, even though it is probably the smart choice, and I will likely be bumped from the playoff hunt if I lose this week. Regardless, I am actually considering picking up Manuel or Flacco for this week.

I think a road game anywhere is a tough task. Factor in this happens to be Pittsburgh & I get nervous. Also did I mention we are playing against a QB who has gone to 3 Super Bowls and won 2. I see Tomlin & Labeau embarrassing us in a 31-10 beat down.

I think we win this game. Control the run game, control the game. The steelers D can't stop ANYONE on the run. Go and look at the play against the Pats where their RB goes into a pile of about 5 steelers, pops out and scores a TD. Their D is slow and looks like they are running in sand. We control the ball on the ground, throw 15-20 passes, and win.

I cannot stand the thought of starting an opposing QB, even though it is probably the smart choice, and I will likely be bumped from the playoff hunt if I lose this week. Regardless, I am actually considering picking up Manuel or Flacco for this week.

I think another option would be Glennon from TB. I think he is putting up good fantasy #'s?

I watched the Stillers a bit this past weekend as well as a week or two ago. They look bad .... I mean REALLY bad. Particularly defensively.

Being in Pitt, and it being Buffalo coming in at 3-6, I'm sure the Stillers and their fans will be looking to add a W to their terrible season. But honestly, I will be extremely disappointed in this Bills team if they don't come out of there with a win.

That being said, the Steelers are favored by 3.5 (basically home field advantage) and 6 of 8 CBS pundits pick the Steelers with as well as without the spread

I live smack dab in Steeler Country and I can tell you first hand the Steeler fans are not crowing about how they are going to stomp the Bills. They are genuinely worried. There is NO trash talk coming from the black and gold wearing fans at all. Usually I take a fair amount of crap in the days leading up to game day, but not this time. Not a peep. I love it!

Same here. I think they actually expect the Bills to win. I'm also thinking there won't be many Steeler fans at the game. I'm seeing a lot of people at work sell their Steeler tix.

What part of the Burgh do you live in? I'm in the N. Hills area.

I watched the Stillers a bit this past weekend as well as a week or two ago. They look bad .... I mean REALLY bad. Particularly defensively.

Being in Pitt, and it being Buffalo coming in at 3-6, I'm sure the Stillers and their fans will be looking to add a W to their terrible season. But honestly, I will be extremely disappointed in this Bills team if they don't come out of there with a win.

That being said, the Steelers are favored by 3.5 (basically home field advantage) and 6 of 8 CBS pundits pick the Steelers with as well as without the spread

Agree with your points. People should remember that we almost beat a great KC D with a 4th string QB undrafted rookie. I think this is a huge game for us. If we stomp the Steelers, I feel good about the rest of the season. If not, I'll be worried. We should also sack Ben a few times, but we need to collapse the pocket so he has no where to run around.

I hear you...can you pick up EJ because honestly Pitt's secondary is bad.

I hear you...can you pick up EJ because honestly Pitt's secondary is bad.

Done. So on that team I have Manuel, Alonso, and Carpenter. In another league, I have an entire Buffalo Bills lineup!!! EJ, FJ, CJ, Choice, SJ, Woods, Chandler, Bills D, Carpenter (yes, I have given up in that league - even benched Peyton Manning)

And if we beat the Squeelers, I don't give a dagnabbit about FF.

37-17 Buffalo: 5 quarterback sacks and Kiko gets his first TD on a Mario Williams strip sack!!!

GO BILLS!

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

Is Foles or Keenum available?

Done. So on that team I have Manuel, Alonso, and Carpenter. In another league, I have an entire Buffalo Bills lineup!!! EJ, FJ, CJ, Choice, SJ, Woods, Chandler, Bills D, Carpenter (yes, I have given up in that league - even benched Peyton Manning)

And if we beat the Squeelers, I don't give a dagnabbit about FF.

37-17 Buffalo: 5 quarterback sacks and Kiko gets his first TD on a Mario Williams strip sack!!!

GO BILLS!

Woods not playing now :( Just FYI, even though you said you gave up on that league.