EJ is ready to return: Set to Start at QB in Pittsburgh

is anyone else hesitant to just throw EJ back out there? let's just hope he really is healed. we don't want another Spiller situation where every time he gets tackled he starts limping again and is useless for the rest of the game

They wouldn't say he's healthy unless he was. He was practicing last week. i'm sure he's fine

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bar has also been raised for Manuel now too. Tuel and Lewis both showed the offense can move the ball and put up some points pretty much no matter who is under center. Manuel needs to show he is clearly better than these two now.

No question. He has to HAS TO be better than those two or he's not the guy.

They wouldn't say he's healthy unless he was. He was practicing last week. i'm sure he's fine

Spiller has been cleared to play this whole time too. I'd rather sit EJ another week than rush him back. But if he really is 100% well ok then

Spiller has been cleared to play this whole time too. I'd rather sit EJ another week than rush him back. But if he really is 100% well ok then

Agreed. I don't know if we've ever won a regular season game at PIT. They are gonna be spitting nails after that debacle at NE and will blitz relentlessly, which we have proven vs Jets and others that our OL can't pick it up. EJ will take many shots at his knees if he returns this week. I'd wait one more week. The Steelers usu. play to maim people more than other teams and we're still a little soft for that kinda game. EJ's development is too important to rush him back.

@buffalobills

#Bills QB EJ Manuel has been cleared to return.

@JoeBuscaglia

EJ Manuel has been cleared by the doctors to do everything. Now it's up to the #Bills and HC Doug Marrone as to when he returns.

EJ Manuel fully cleared, could play Sunday

Great news. Based on Marrone not rushing Byrd and CJ back, I have confidence that if EJ plays, that implies he is fully healed and ready to play. I trust Marrone's judgment on that.

I hope he has used this time off to come back much better/smarter than before.

If there is one thing that his time away has done, it has put to rest some of the idiotic talk of 'start Tuel' and 'blah blah is better than EJ'.

man I hope EJ has learned to protect himself.

But this is great news, If EJ starts I like we beat the Steelers and give us some mojo for the rest of the season.

I DO hope he protects himself from unecessary shots. Realistically, the guy hasn't played in a month and I expect a bit of rustiness, regression. Bills never win at PIT, even when we were good, so I see a loss here. Bad matchup. Blitzing team that hasn't been getting takeaways vs Team tha has trouble with blitzes/ turns the ball over regularly. PIT feasts on Bills fumbles/miscues 28-17

Great news for EJ and the offense. I do not believe it means a 7 game winning streak. I do hope it means that Hackett will now let EJ throw some deep balls to Goodwin and Graham. I also hope the line plays as well as yesterday too. The entire O looked so much better yesterday except for a hadful of glaring mistakes. Lets hope with EJ back in that at least one of those mistakes is gone.