Saints Fans

I took the trip to New Orleans this weekend to see the game. I just wanted to comment that the Saints have the nicest, most hospital fans I have ever dealt with on the road. Five people stopped me on my way to my seats just to thank me for coming, and recomend different places to eat. Some playful trash talk back and forth, but I never felt threatened or scared the whole time. A truly classy fan base.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This place is a tourist town with an economy dependent on out of town visitors. It is legitimately appreciated when people come down here. Please come back again as there is always a reason. I hope that we showed you a good time and that you enjoyed this great city! Thanks again and go Bills!!

I have been to see the Bills in about 20 different stadiums over the years, New Orleans is probably my favorite road trip. Love the city, and the fans are great, for the most part. I know it is a broad generalization, but they really just do love a big event. Sure, they want their Saints to win...maybe it is all the years of miserable teams, but they really appreciate their team, win or lose. I have been to three games there (twice to see the Bills/Saints, and once for a Saints/Chiefs game) and I honestly don't remember a single ugly incident at the games.... I can't say that about any place else I have been for a game.

I have found people from southern states to be much more accommodating and friendly compared to us northeastern ruffians... OK, I'm done talking nice about Bills opponets... Crush the Chiefs and their skank fans!!! :bag:

Having lived in both northern states and southern, I have to agree with your assessment. I think it may be the colder and greyer climate up north that puts a harder edge on people.

I have found people from southern states to be much more accommodating and friendly compared to us northeastern ruffians... OK, I'm done talking nice about Bills opponets... Crush the Chiefs and their skank fans!!! :bag:

Nice!

Weren't they the original brown paper bag head fans?

Fans around the country should take a lesson from Saints fans. If people on this site start to emulate those Saints fans, it would be a start. The only time I have ever been acousted at a game, it was by drunk Bills fans at a game in Miami. I was mistaken for a Dolphins fan, inexcusable.

Now my question is where are the fans the worst outside of our division?

I want that game. That's one id go to.

I hear the Raider fans are terrible - they have to live up to their rep. I know a Pats fan who went to a game in Oakland and was warned not to wear Pats colors but he was wearing blue, got into an argument with some tailgaters and ended up being branded with a hot poker from a hot grill...no thanks, I'll watch from home.

I took the trip to New Orleans this weekend to see the game. I just wanted to comment that the Saints have the nicest, most hospital fans I have ever dealt with on the road. Five people stopped me on my way to my seats just to thank me for coming, and recomend different places to eat. Some playful trash talk back and forth, but I never felt threatened or scared the whole time. A truly classy fan base.

yes, thank you for coming and giving us a guaranteed victory over your crappy team is what they were really doing.

I hear the Raider fans are terrible - they have to live up to their rep. I know a Pats fan who went to a game in Oakland and was warned not to wear Pats colors but he was wearing blue, got into an argument with some tailgaters and ended up being branded with a hot poker from a hot grill...no thanks, I'll watch from home.

That's terrible..... Seriously terrible.