Saints Fans

A hostile crowd to the opposing team, i.e. making so much noise they can't hear themselves think, is wonderful. Extending that to the parking lot and opposing teams fans is not.

It's very sad that people have such a negative experience in Buffalo. I'm sure it clouds their perception of the entire area.

Words and more important, actions to live by.

Yep. The Bills fans that sat behin dme and my Saints buddies where your classib a-holes. Shouting F you to Brees and then telling the other Saints fans to F off. Totally uncalled for crap. Cheer your team on and even tell the refs they stink. Save the four letter words. A game is a family experience. Stay in your house with your buddies and scream like morons if you want to swear.

I have no kids and am single, so honestly it is more about how you reperesent the Bills you follow and yourself to me.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. The Bills fans that sat behin dme and my Saints buddies where your classib a-holes. Shouting F you to Brees and then telling the other Saints fans to F off. Totally uncalled for crap. Cheer your team on and even tell the refs they stink. Save the four letter words. A game is a family experience. Stay in your house with your buddies and scream like morons if you want to swear.

I have no kids and am single, so honestly it is more about how you reperesent the Bills you follow and yourself to me.

100% not the case at the Ralph. Though it sounds like it is in N.O. which is how it should be in my opinion. I make the game a family experience by watching it in my house with the family.

I was a season ticket holder for years before I ever went to any away Bills game.

After going to my first away game, Detroit I think it was, I was surprised how cool other fans can be.

I know that fans at the Ralph are very belligerent to opponent fans. I assumed that was normal in other stadiums.

As I began attending more away games I came to the realization that Bills fans are usually pretty darn rude at the games in Orchard Park compared to other places.

Since then I have gone out of my way to welcome fans here from other teams as long as they seem cool. Nothing is cooler than being at an away game and meeting cool football fans from that city. Share a little food. Share a little beer.

So, now I try to pay it forward to people who come to Buffalo. If they are cool, then be cool back to them and show them a good time. I'll even buy someone a $9 beer because other guys have done it for me in other cities.

If you see a BIlls fan being a meat-head to other people, embarrass him by reminding him how un-classy he is. If enough people do that, we will see things start to change.

Have family who wen to the SB in Miami when NO played the Colts. They were in Colts gear the whole time and said the Saints fans were annoying with Who Dat all day, every day but were extremely nice and even though the Colts lost, they were glad it was to the Saints.

I'd have to say the Raiders fans would be a rough crew.

I went to the Oakland Alameda Holding Center...er...I mean Coliseum wearing my Spielman jersey in '02. They were derisive, but I didn't get stabbed. I just stood up and pointed to my jersey for all to see.

Sounds familiar, but I can't remember. I did find this from pre-season two years ago...

2 Shot, 1 Beaten At 49ers-Raiders Game

I grew up in SF, and there is no love lost between SF and Oakland...as a matter of fact "#*%^ Oakland!"

Last time i was at an Oakland-Bills game (live out here), we were with Pinto Ken. Offering fans by us in the lot bowling ball shots really helped. About 30-40 of us were in the upper deck above the black hole and there were no Raider fans (no fans basically) for at least a section on either side. I took BART and didn't wear my Bills gear until I met up with our group. Also, talking knowledgeably about their positives while waiting in line for the porta-potty, stopped them from tipping it over while I was inside.

I was at the Bills/Saints game at the ralph a few years ago and there was a guy covered in saints gear sitting near us who was being treated alright aside from the occasional ribbing while Buffalo was winning. Once the score flipped and Buffalo was losing his treatment changed but that was mostly because the guy became a huge D-Bag to everyone around them

100% not the case at the Ralph. Though it sounds like it is in N.O. which is how it should be in my opinion. I make the game a family experience by watching it in my house with the family.

I know it is sad to me. i am 38 and single no kids. So like i said i dont really care about hearing F this or F that. However it is the dads with the kids that get upset. Next thing you know you got a fight breaking out. The funny thing is the guys yelling the loudest usually have littl eunderstanding of what is actually going on.

One of the last games i was at i had some bills fan screaming F'ing challenge that about 20 times. This was while jauron was coaching. Finally my cousin said ' you really need to learn what you can and can not challenge, you are making yourself look ridiculious'. Luckily my cousin and i are both about 6'3 and 260lbs. The guy quited down after that.

I'll tell you the saints fans were great, but one thing that was kind of funny. On Friday night, thru ticket exchange we were able to get 4 seat at the 30 yard line 5 rows behind the buffalo bench. He went to saints plaza early, hung out for 2 hours, and went into the dome at about 12. When we got to our seats, the section was pretty empty so we were hanging out by wall with our bills gear on watching the team warm up. Saints personal walked past us, thanked us for coming. Bills players were warming up,, freddy, Darus etc, (even EJ and CJ in street clothes) all gave us a wave or thumbs up. Joe B from WGR550 came by introduced him self asked our name and took a picture with us. Even the NFL films crew said hello to us. Now were not drunk or buzzed in anyway, it was a nice stadium and we were excited to be there for the first time. We see Russ, Doug and 2 or 3 other members of the front office standing around watching the team warm up, we call out to then multiple times, no response what so ever. I mean I could have been on fire, and russ won't even of pissed on me to put it out. After 10 to 15 minutes they walked by us (not even a glance) and proceeded off the field to where ever they were going, but it struck me as kind of odd that we travel all that way to support the team, and the front office blows us off. I guess that show how much they really care about the fans.