Re: Trade Deadline

JTO

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LaCanfora said Josh Gordon could be had for a 2nd round pick and a player. I'd jump all over that if I'm the Bills. But the source is wearing rainbow loom bracelets, so....

Troublemaker. No thanks.

On Byrd: Tell teams to give you a third rounder or hold on to him and let him walk. They'll get a 3rd round compensatory pick if he walks in free agency and they don't sign any big names. No reason to take anything less.

I can't believe L. Fitzgerald is being shopped ( per Schefter). Does any more informed fan know why? Contract? Productivity? Forcing his way out? Very strange. This guy is a top 3 WR.

This isn't a question. It's because he's been great and the team hasn't. The team needs more than just a receiver. Turn him into multiple assets and move on. I think he'll end up in Indy after this season. Something like a 2nd rounder and a young player.

This isn't a question. It's because he's been great and the team hasn't. The team needs more than just a receiver. Turn him into multiple assets and move on. I think he'll end up in Indy after this season. Something like a 2nd rounder and a young player.

I think he (Larry Fitzgerald) will end up in Buffalo. Russ, get 'er done!

Do any of you feel as if the Bills are at least a player or two away from becoming a better club? With that said, if you could make a trade who would it be for and what would you give up?

I personally would be in favor of trading Byrd and TJ. I'd send Byrd to any team for at least a 5th rounder. This is under the impression that Byrd will walk after this year. Franchising him will not make sense as the club would have to pay a higher cost.

Read somewhere that the jags are dangling Blackmon for picks. I'd send TJ and a 3rd rounder to them for him. I think that the bills need a taller receiver opposite of Stevie. One of those jump up and catch type of receivers. Sure, Easily is tall but it's obvious they want him to stay in Special Teams.

A 5th?! :doh:

we have a tall WR on the PS

just please God not to New England (Fitzgerald)

That would be ideal for them but I agree with your sentiment.

Sadly, they do not. I find grammar and even spelling errors everywhere.

Often at PFT. About 3 years ago, before he went NBC, I volunteered about 3 times, via email, to proofread for free. No reply.

These errors affect the flow of the reading. You can dumb down the language all you like, to least common denominator. But at least speak English. So many times I have to pause and wonder "wait, what?" It is fun to be the grammar police once in a while, but overall, I feel there is no respect for English, especially among those who went to college and studied journalism. Come on, man!!!

dnt u meen cmonman?

Each of those WR that we are talking about has a lot of baggage. They are each high risk, high reward guys. You can afford to have a few of those IMO. It is a little different than someone like Da'Rick because the investment is a lot more. I just like the idea of a young stud WR to grow with EJ. It is a risk -no doubt but one that I would be willing to take. A lot of good teams do that.

i understand the equation - for a second and a player its definitely high risk on a 1 strike guy. im not saying no to it here, but that it would be a tough one to say yes to also. chalk me up undecided as i dont know near enough off the field that im guessing GMs do, and it would depend on the player. part of why i was more gung ho on DaRick was it simply would cost chris hogan and nothing else.

Edited by NoSaint

i understand the equation - for a second and a player its definitely high risk on a 1 strike guy. im not saying no to it here, but that it would be a tough one to say yes to also. chalk me up undecided as i dont know near enough off the field that im guessing GMs do, and it would depend on the player. part of why i was more gung ho on DaRick was it simply would cost chris hogan and nothing else.

I was in the exact same boat on Da'Rick. At the expense of Hogan he was certainly worth the risk IMO. Blackmon and Gordon are idiots and will cost quite a bit more. I am not nearly as adamant as I was on Da'Rick because of the cost. I think that one of those 2 prototype #1 guys to go with Woods, Stevie and Goodwin would be a great nucleus (I am not a TJ graham guy).

I can't believe L. Fitzgerald is being shopped ( per Schefter). Does any more informed fan know why? Contract? Productivity? Forcing his way out? Very strange. This guy is a top 3 WR.

Because he has something like a 17 million dollar cap hit next year and the team is terrible and can't utilize his talents. Its pretty much assumed he will be traded today or in the off season, most likely the off season

Not surprised since Tony G came back for one more year in pursuit of a SB Ring:

@Rotoworld_FB

Tony Gonzalez is open to a trade out of ATL http://dlvr.it/4DHXWB

This is weird as there are direct quotes from Tony yesterday and today saying he understands why there are rumors, but he actually does not want to be traded.

I would love for us to make a trade for Jared Allen...wont happen, but man, that would be one hell of a line.

I think they just felt Rogers did not have it mentally. He was just not mentally strong and even exceptional athletic ability can't over come that.

I would love a trade for Gordon...I don't see the risk as high as everyone else. Very rare a player in his position continues to take risks with illegal substances when they are facing a one year ban. Have not been many, especially guys with Pro Bowl talent and big pay day potential, that have gotten suspended for a year from further substance abuse.

I say take a chance on the guy and bring him in, this team would be a good fit for his talents.

If the Seahawks pull this off, it's time to measure Russell Wilson and Beast Mode for Super Bowl Rings:

@NBCSports

The Seahawks are exploring a trade for Vikings star @JaredAllen69, according to a report by @AdamSchefter.

@AdamSchefter

And @Mortreport says the Vikings are asking a second-round pick for Jared Allen but would consider a conditional third-round pick.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If the Seahawks pull this off, it's time to measure Russell Wilson and Beast Mode for Super Bowl Rings:

@NBCSports

The Seahawks are exploring a trade for Vikings star @JaredAllen69, according to a report by @AdamSchefter.

@AdamSchefter

And @Mortreport says the Vikings are asking a second-round pick for Jared Allen but would consider a conditional third-round pick.

@JayGlazer: Contrary to what is out there Seattle is NOT one of the teams in it for Jared Allen. Two others but Seattle is not talking to Vikes for him

@AdamSchefter: Seahawks not expected to trade for Vikings DE Jared Allen now. One source said the Seahawks have decided to not actively pursue him.

Wonder who the 2 teams are... Pats* one of them with all of their defense injuries?

@JayGlazer: Contrary to what is out there Seattle is NOT one of the teams in it for Jared Allen. Two others but Seattle is not talking to Vikes for him

@AdamSchefter: Seahawks not expected to trade for Vikings DE Jared Allen now. One source said the Seahawks have decided to not actively pursue him.

Wonder who the 2 teams are... Pats* one of them with all of their defense injuries?

Thanks for the update:

@RapSheet

Teams that could afford Jared Allen without restructuring: Bills, Panthers, Bengals, Browns, Packers, Jags, Dolphins, Eagles, Bucs, Titans.

Thanks for the update:

@RapSheet

Teams that could afford Jared Allen without restructuring: Bills, Panthers, Bengals, Browns, Packers, Jags, Dolphins, Eagles, Bucs, Titans.

DO IT! Next year's 2nd straight up for Mario's bookend? That is some scary schit right there.

GO BILLS!!!

DO IT! Next year's 2nd straight up for Mario's bookend? That is some scary schit right there.

GO BILLS!!!

That's a terrible idea. A second round pick for a 31-year-old DE that will be a UFA? We took Alonso in the second round. I know there are no guarantees (i.e. Troupe, Hardy, etc), but clearly, a second round pick is too high. His value right now is probably no higher than a third round pick, IF the Vikings can get anyone to fork that ove.

camping on the NFL trade deadline waiting for something interesting to happen is like watching a paranormal investigation show expecting to see definitive evidence of ghosts

It's like watching a special on the History Channel about the Kennedy assassination that promises "new evidence", only to in the end state that "Oswald probably acted alone". Just a waste of time

Edited by RussellDopeland