Chicken Wing Prices

I ordered 12 wings to go from the Big Tree Inn last night . $9.00  How much is a dozen (thats 12) wings where you live?

208977[/snapback]

Tuesday night it's 30 cent wing night, so $3.60 (from Buffalo Wild Wings, aka BW3). Not the best, but they're servicable.

Don't remember how much regular price is...

CW

Anybody ever have Toms Country Sweets in Rochester? Does that place still exist?

Not traditional Buffalo style wings...but some damn good wings.

209011[/snapback]

I seem to remember reading that the CDC closed them down years and years ago. It seems they were worse than the old bath houses in SF for attracting homosexuals.

$9 for a dozen wings should come with a happy ending...

Does cleaning out your intestines within 24 hours count as a happy ending?

At the pizza place I frequent it's $4.99 for a dozen wings. We usually get the special for $17.99: a large 1 topping pizza, 24 wings, and a 2 liter soda.

Anybody ever have Toms Country Sweets in Rochester? Does that place still exist?

209011[/snapback]

Ummmmm Country Sweet!!!!!

Still there for sure, I try ot hit it when I am in Rochester.

209011[/snapback]

never been to a place called Country Sweet, but I had a roomate in college from Rochester, and he always brought back stuff called "Country Sweet"... tough to describe... i guess you could say like a thick sweet n sour sauce, with a little zang...

Man, that stuff was gooooood....

Oh, speaking of food, with the day off, I discovered a new Love in my life... there's a show on Food TV called "Everyday Italian"...

Its 24 minutes into the show and i don't know what she is cooking, saying, or doing... and I don't care.

She looks good enough to eat. .. .

never been to a place called Country Sweet, but I had a roomate in college from Rochester, and he always brought back stuff called "Country Sweet"... tough to describe... i guess you could say like a thick sweet n sour sauce, with a little zang...

Man, that stuff was gooooood....

Oh, speaking of food, with the day off, I discovered a new Love in my life... there's a show on Food TV called "Everyday Italian"...

Its 24 minutes into the show and i don't know what she is cooking, saying, or doing... and I don't care.

She looks good enough to eat. .. .

209067[/snapback]

He's right- Exhibit A:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/hosts_cele...42136%2C00.html

9.00 is a joke. I'd love to know how much the Big Tree is paying for them. I've never been in the Big Tree. Is the rest of their menu outrageous or fairly normal?

I rarely have wings unless it's at a party or a happy hour where they have them out for free. It's kind of funny when you think about it...you are paying somewhere between $5-9 for a dozen wings and then have to work hard just to knaw the meat off them.

I seem to remember reading that the CDC closed them down years and years ago. It seems they were worse than the old bath houses in SF for attracting homosexuals.

209019[/snapback]

Doesn't surprise me that you would know. Still crying in your wing sauce over it aren't you? :)

T80= :w00t::w00t::w00t:

normally, around $.50 a piece.

The only place with good wings down here (the owner is from Buffalo) has them for $.30 on Sundays, and about $.45 every other day.

208988[/snapback]

Steve, where do you get your wings from down there? Try my mom's wings at Smugglers. It's on Okeechobee. She brought Buffalo wings down there with her from WNY too. They're awesome.

9.00 is a joke. I'd love to know how much the Big Tree is paying for them. I've never been in the Big Tree. Is the rest of their menu outrageous or fairly normal?

I know $9.00 is a joke as I question the bartender. It must be a Big Tree Inn "football special price" just like $3.25 for a Molson on game day. Just like the ad on wgr sez, check out the daily Molson special at the BTI, Dannys, etc.

BTI must have gotten too PRICEY even for the players as after a game they might stop in for a beer then they head off to INN CAHOOTS to party till 4am.

Steve, where do you get your wings from down there? Try my mom's wings at Smugglers. It's on Okeechobee. She brought Buffalo wings down there with her from WNY too. They're awesome.

209614[/snapback]

Remind me again where it is on OkeeChobee... I'm trying to eat healthy, but screw it, I will try em tonight...

Is it east of Jog Rd?

(By the way, the place I go is called "Papa Bears" - it's on Lake Worth Rd).