Trade Byrd Now!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be happy for a 5th, ecstatic for a 4th.

Seriously, is there really any doubt about trading him for whatever we can get vs keeping him for 9 more games and having him leave for nothing?

I would franchise him again, let Parker know that the price is a 2nd and then he can negotiate with another team. Taking a 4th or 5th this season would be an awful decision.

Only Bills fans. Too many general managers on TBD. Shouldn't you guys be in Orchard Park handling business. Byrd if not for his boneheaded decision this off season would be considered the second best player on this team. IMO still is, teams are reluctant to throw over the middle, and that's because of Byrd look at his monster hit last week. Jimmy Graham is a different beast. If we can retain him after the season, better for us! Pay your good players and stop Bs'ing.

You knew what I meant, Smarty Pants.

Soo... draft picks and stuff. A sixth and seventh would do?

Actually no I didn't

I would rather keep him then trade him for low picks

I wouldn't expect a first or even a second but would take a third maybe conditional

I would be happy for a 5th, ecstatic for a 4th.

Seriously, is there really any doubt about trading him for whatever we can get vs keeping him for 9 more games and having him leave for nothing?

Why do u assume he is leaving for nothing? Bills can still franchise him again

But what teams are in need of a safety at this point in the season?

The better question is what team is willing to trade for a safety and disrupt their team at this point?

I don't see Byrd being traded at this pojnt

you know if we trade um he's going to play really well for whatever team ee trade him too.

Then everyone is going to B word about what picks we got for him.

you know if we trade um he's going to play really well for whatever team ee trade him too.

Then everyone is going to B word about what picks we got for him.

While I don't exactly agree with the OP's reasoning, he may get his wish. The deadline is Tuesday, and I expect the rumor mill will be roaring in short order.

I doubt it makes a difference whether he's here or not. The one noticeable thing is, ever since Byrd came back in the lineup, our run defense has been horrid... Before he came in the lineup teams for some reason, couldn't run on us. I don't know what that has to do with Byrd but I'm just saying that that's what I've noticed...

I'm sorry but isn't a "franchise" player supposed to make a difference? 5 TD's say he didn't.

This is the equivalent to the "we can finish last without him" approach to player evaluation that keeps bad teams bad.

If this team had been moderately more aggressive last offseason they would be 6-2. This season is in the tank, but if they expect to improve next season then keeping players like Byrd is important.

This is the equivalent to the "we can finish last without him" approach to player evaluation that keeps bad teams bad.

If this team had been moderately more aggressive last offseason they would be 6-2. This season is in the tank, but if they expect to improve next season then keeping players like Byrd is important.

Thats funny and your argument is fact less to say they "would be 6-2" .

What if we could tag him and trade him for more on draft day?

Or let him walk and potentially get a 4 as a compensatory pick?

I guess either would be fine with me, assuming the NFL gave us a 4th (or better). The Texans won a 3rd rounder for losing Williams. However, supposedly comp picks are based on salary, playing time, and post-season accolades (and other players signed/lost). If it's based on the previous season only, it looks like we won't get much for Byrd.

Why do u assume he is leaving for nothing? Bills can still franchise him again

I'm assuming it would be cost prohibitive to franchise him again (120% this years salary = $9.5 million). And based on his production this year, this assumption may be correct.

The Bills signed some FAs so that Levitre pick will be lower than a 4th IMO.

The number signed effects eligibility for a pick not the level of it.

I guess either would be fine with me, assuming the NFL gave us a 4th (or better). The Texans won a 3rd rounder for losing Williams. However, supposedly comp picks are based on salary, playing time, and post-season accolades (and other players signed/lost). If it's based on the previous season only, it looks like we won't get much for Byrd.

I'm assuming it would be cost prohibitive to franchise him again (120% this years salary = $9.5 million). And based on his production this year, this assumption may be correct.

It's essentially 100% average annual salary on the new deal they sign. If a team gave him 7-8m we'd get a 3-4, as long as we lose more than we sign.

The rest is just noise around it- guys predict with essentially 100% accuracy months before the nfl announces it

To next years tag it's low/mid 8s

Edited by NoSaint

If Byrd wants a large signing bonus, I would just let him walk or limp away and take the compensatory pick. His PF is just too unpredictable.

So Jimmy Graham has a partially torn plantar fascia and plays like a stud...Byrd has PF (not partially torn from what we know) and missed 5 games until he was 100%. The guy has zero heart. Take what you can get and let him be a selfish prick on some other team.