Trade Byrd Now!

So Jimmy Graham has a partially torn plantar fascia and plays like a stud...Byrd has PF (not partially torn from what we know) and missed 5 games until he was 100%. The guy has zero heart. Take what you can get and let him be a selfish prick on some other team.

I won't be upset if he's gone honestly. I was looking forward to getting him back in the lineup and he's done pretty much what a safety is supposed to do and has played better than most safeties in the league. But he's no Polomalu and he's no Ed Reed that's for damn sure.

Plus I've been wanting to try Duke Williams out in Madden but I can't bench Byrd for him. In the seven online games I've played in Madden, Byrd is yet to have a pick. Gilmore and McKelvin have been putting in work though. I say kick Byrd to the curb cuz Madden don't lie...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Jimmy Graham has a partially torn plantar fascia and plays like a stud...Byrd has PF (not partially torn from what we know) and missed 5 games until he was 100%. The guy has zero heart. Take what you can get and let him be a selfish prick on some other team.

+1 I couldn't have said it better myself!

+1 I couldn't have said it better myself!

and yet... we dont know the differences between the two cases medically, and graham was not being asked to be an every down player that reacts to what others do - he was able to be placed in a limited role with responsibilities they thought he could well handle. I havent re-watched the game yet but id guess his snap count was down and he was asked to do a bit less with regards to cuts, or change of direction or whatever might have been uncomfortable for him. byrd at FS gets no such accomodations.

graham was less of a beast two weeks ago against NE as well and had a bye week where it was rumored he wouldnt have been able to play.

and 3 catches for 37 yards isnt quite as imposing as the 2 tds made it seem.

on a non-medical note, theres of course also the parallel that jimmy is in a contract year much like when byrd played through his.

Edited by NoSaint

running the good players out of town is something i don't understand.

1. we don't know what contract byrd wanted

2. we don't know what contract the bills offered him

3.the bills had more than enough money to keep byrd and they couldn't get it done last year

4.the bills need all the players they can get and not keeping our own draft picks who preform above and beyond is the talent RB was talking about with resigning our own and within months of that statement levitre was gone and byrd is in a bitter contract negotiation. why are you giving this front office so much credit that its byrds fault?

5.the bills have to overly for guys right now its just the way it is guy. come to reality. players are drafted by the bills and have no loyalty to buffalo. even with the tax situation buffalo is playing from behind in terms of contracts. also buffalo isn't exactly a prime destination for a 21yo kid. just gotta be real about the situation. i know some of you will be mad hearing that but its true. 13 years no playoffs and western NY.. not exactly a great situation.

you know if we trade um he's going to play really well for whatever team ee trade him too.

Then everyone is going to B word about what picks we got for him.

you know if we trade um he's going to play really well for whatever team ee trade him too.

Then everyone is going to B word about what picks we got for him.

Pardon me

Pardon me

I have to give Byrd the benefit of the doubt. He could still be restricted in running from his PF for all we know. More importantly he missed training camp with a new set of coaches. He excelled in past years because he understood where he could take chances in the schemes. This year he looks like he's locked into just doing his job. He's a talented guy and when the coaches can work with him to exploit his talents I think he'll excel with Pettine too.

For years the Bills have drafted DBs and let them go when they were getting really good. You could pick a better starting defensive backfield from around the league of ex-Bills than the guys they kept. Who wouldn't want Jabari Greer back? Even Donte won't-tackle Whitner was better than any of our other safeties except Byrd. Nate Clements, Winfield, Leonhard a few years ago...all were better than the people we kept.

Don't make the same mistake with Byrd. Build around him and Stephon Gilmore.

Or, let Byrd go now, and Gilmore a couple of years from now, and keep on starting over with new guys you hope are close to as good as the guys who left. That's not how champions are built.

The hold up with Byrd besides the franchise tag so nobody can sign him is he wants to be the highest paid safety in the NFL!!

Plus this...

running the good players out of town is something i don't understand.

1. we don't know what contract byrd wanted

2. we don't know what contract the bills offered him

It's looks like Rapoport has shed quite a bit of light on #1 today...And it has been rumored around here for months now...Byrd want to be the highest paid S in the NFL...

As for #2, the rumors were the Bills wanted to make Byrd more like the 4th or 5th highest paid Safety in the NFL...

We may not know exactly what the numbers are, but I'm pretty sure the basics are out there, and have been for some time now...

And while I really like Byrd and I hope they can work something out, if you really want to know why the Bills don't want to make him the top paid Safety in the NFL all you had to do was watch that Seattle game tonight...Byrd is good, but there's no way he's the best Safety in the NFL...No way...Top 5 probably...But #1? No way... B-)

It's looks like Rapoport has shed quite a bit of light on #1 today...And it has been rumored around here for months now...Byrd want to be the highest paid S in the NFL...

As for #2, the rumors were the Bills wanted to make Byrd more like the 4th or 5th highest paid Safety in the NFL...

We may not know exactly what the numbers are, but I'm pretty sure the basics are out there, and have been for some time now...

And while I really like Byrd and I hope they can work something out, if you really want to know why the Bills don't want to make him the top paid Safety in the NFL all you had to do was watch that Seattle game tonight...Byrd is good, but there's no way he's the best Safety in the NFL...No way...Top 5 probably...But #1? No way... Oi8vZm9ydW1zLnR3b2JpbGxzZHJpdmUuY29tL3B1YmxpYy9zdHlsZV9lbW90aWNvbnMvZGVmYXVsdC9jb29sLnBuZw%3D%3D

i don't know if he's the best FS in the league but the vibe a lot of people give off around here is byrd isn't worth that much and the bills would be better off without spending on him and spending on someone else..and thats the problem is they aren't gonna spend that money anyway. so we just will be without a top player and its not trading that money to spend on another position its almost as if they operate under a self imposed salary cap thats less than the actual cap. and use the cash to cap theory to justify this. I'm not saying they are cheap. they just got mario last year. but they let levitre walk and byrd will probably walk as well when there was more than enough cap to resign both.even the mark anderson/fitz dead money rolled over to next year is a huge red flag to me. why not eat it all this year when we have more room? instead they slit it and are letting it effect next years cap when we can't rollover the preexisting roll over money.