Which sports movie resembles our bills?

major

Thad Lewis is the Qb who will be played by Jaden Smith in 2025 Movie about the improbable run of the 2013 Buffalo Bills to a Super Bowl Victory. Title: Practice Squad. All the negative stuff is too easy.

Orphan. Orphan is a movie about a woman who looks like a little girl. She gets adopted. She attempts to break apart the marriage of her adoptive parents, so that she can marry the husband herself. When her attempt to seduce the husband fails, she goes into a rage and tries to kill the entire family. She managed to kill two people, and seriously injure another. Very different from the sunshine and happiness the parents had expected her to bring them when they adopted her in the first place.

The gap between expectations and reality was about the same in Orphan as it is for Bills fans.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Orphan. Orphan is a movie about a woman who looks like a little girl. She gets adopted. She attempts to break apart the marriage of her adoptive parents, so that she can marry the husband herself. When her attempt to seduce the husband fails, she goes into a rage and tries to kill the entire family. She managed to kill two people, and seriously injure another. Very different from the sunshine and happiness the parents had expected her to bring them when they adopted her in the first place.

The gap between expectations and reality was about the same in Orphan as it is for Bills fans.

You've got issues.

GO BILLS!!!

WOW just WOW!

Darn it! You stole my thunder....Good Job!

Right?

-Disorganized pre-season, highlighted with a scrable to find a rookie coach and alienation of their best player because they didn't come up with enough incentive.

-Get off to terrible start

-Next will be the surprising rejuvenation, with the best players returning.

-Finally, in the big must win game, they will come up short.

Right?

-Disorganized pre-season, highlighted with a scrable to find a rookie coach and alienation of their best player because they didn't come up with enough incentive.

-Get off to terrible start

-Next will be the surprising rejuvenation, with the best players returning.

-Finally, in the big must win game, they will come up short.

I can't wait for Kiko Alonso to fight the whole 7th grade

WOW just WOW!

Imagine the following conversation:

Some random guy: What do you do for entertainment? I'm not asking you what you do for a living, because I assume that's boring. I want to know what you do for fun.

Me: Lots of things.

Him: Such as?

Me: For one thing, I'm a Bills fan.

Him: Tell me what it's like to be a Bills fan.

Me: Back in the early '90s, we got our hearts broken four years in a row in Super Bowls. Including W___ R____, which is one of the most painful sports memories ever.

Him: But surely things picked up after that?

Me: Depends on how you look at things. If you prefer painful individual moments, we got another one in the late '90s with the Music City Miracle. If you're more inclined to a slow, steady, dull pain, we've gotten plenty of that in the 2000s. It's been 13 years since this team has made the playoffs: the longest active playoff drought in the NFL.

Him: And this is what you do for entertainment? :o Surely you must be joking! No sane human being could possibly . . .

The correct movie to describe our experience is Orphan! :angry:Orphan is a horror movie. But someone watching it for the first time, without reading the previews, won't realize it's a horror movie until toward the end. Only a movie like that can adequately depict what it's like to be a Bills fan. :angry:

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Imagine the following conversation:

Some random guy: What do you do for entertainment? I'm not asking you what you do for a living, because I assume that's boring. I want to know what you do for fun.

Me: Lots of things.

Him: Such as?

Me: For one thing, I'm a Bills fan.

Him: Tell me what it's like to be a Bills fan.

Me: Back in the early '90s, we got our hearts broken four years in a row in Super Bowls. Including W___ R____, which is one of the most painful sports memories ever.

Him: But surely things picked up after that?

Me: Depends on how you look at things. If you prefer painful individual moments, we got another one in the late '90s with the Music City Miracle. If you're more inclined to a slow, steady, dull pain, we've gotten plenty of that in the 2000s. It's been 13 years since this team has made the playoffs: the longest active playoff drought in the NFL.

Him: and this is what you do for entertainment? Surely you must be joking! No sane human being could possibly choose this as his means of having fun!

The correct movie to describe our experience is Orphan! :angry:Orphan is a horror movie. But someone watching it for the first time, without reading the previews, won't realize it's a horror movie until toward the end. Only a movie like that can adequately depict what it's like to be a Bills fan. :angry:

I'm still laughing at this response 5 minutes after I read it. Priceless placement of the emoticons. Without knowing you, I can hear the persistence and absolute incredulity at the fact that no one gets it, despite the fact that your analogy is to an extreme, though admittedly appropriate. It would be like comparing the Bills to Pet Sematary, with living Gage being analogous to the Bills fans hopes of the late 80's early nineties. A world of possibilities awaits us. :) The loss of the fourth Super Bowl could be the part where the truck hits him, and we know deep down that as the team is dismantled nothing will ever be the same. :unsure: The ensuing Flutie/Johnson era is kind of like where Gage is buried in the ground/back from the dead. We have hope, but we know that something is not quite right. :doh: The music city miracle marks the part where the little bastard starts killing everything. :o The analogy falls apart with the brief resurrection of legitimate football at the beginning of the Bledsoe era. Also, the Jauron years were more like watching a painfully plodding zombie moving with no plot. :sick: I really hope what we're witnessing right now isn't the part where we just buried our wife because we're so f#@*# in the head from all of the death and destruction of the last 13 years. :( It would really suck if the hope I'm feeling right now is akin to my undead wife coming back to kill me to avenge herself after our undead son killed her... :blink:

Edited by transient

I'm still laughing at this response 5 minutes after I read it. Priceless placement of the emoticons. Without knowing you, I can hear the persistence and absolute incredulity at the fact that no one gets it, despite the fact that your analogy is to an extreme, though admittedly appropriate. It would be like comparing the Bills to Pet Sematary, with living Gage being analogous to the Bills fans hopes of the late 80's early nineties. A world of possibilities awaits us. :) The loss of the fourth Super Bowl could be the part where the truck hits him, and we know deep down that as the team is dismantled nothing will ever be the same. :unsure: The ensuing Flutie/Johnson era is kind of like where Gage is buried in the ground/back from the dead. We have hope, but we know that something is not quite right. :doh: The music city miracle marks the part where the little bastard starts killing everything. :o The analogy falls apart with the brief resurrection of legitimate football at the beginning of the Bledsoe era. Also, the Jauron years were more like watching a painfully plodding zombie moving with no plot. :sick: I really hope what we're witnessing right now isn't the part where we just buried our wife because we're so f#@*# in the head from all of the death and destruction of the last 13 years. :( It would really suck if the hope I'm feeling right now is akin to my undead wife coming back to kill me to avenge herself after our undead son killed her... :blink:

Good post. :thumbsup:

> It would really suck if the hope I'm feeling right now is akin to my undead wife coming back to kill me to

> avenge herself after our undead son killed her... :blink:

Yes, that would be bad! The horror has to end sometime, doesn't it? I mean, it has to!

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Better Off Dead

The problem with a movie like that is that by the time the movie ended, the guy got the girl. In fact, the guy got both girls: the pretty but shallow blonde he'd originally wanted, and the pretty French foreign exchange student who turned out to have a great head on her shoulders. He had to choose.

I'll grant that the Bills got a girl also, metaphorically speaking. But this metaphorical girl isn't at all like the pretty French foreign exchange student. :angry: She's not even like the pretty but shallow blonde.

The Bills are a team which will take a knife to your heart, time and time again. That means that metaphorically speaking, the girl they got has a knife in her hand and a murderous look in her eye. The girl they got is Esther! :angry:

In Orphan, the mother had suffered from alcoholism; but had stopped drinking. She'd also experienced a miscarriage, and had a garden of white roses to honor the memory of her lost baby. Esther was a 33 year-old woman who looked like a little girl. Her goal was to destroy her adoptive parents' marriage and seduce the father. Her adoptive father asked her to do something nice for the adoptive mother. She therefore cut down all the white roses in the above-described memory garden, and gave them to the mother as a "gift." With a big smile on her face, she told the mother, "I picked these just for you." The mother was horrified, grabbed Esther's arm, and pulled her. The father tried making excuses. "Esther didn't know what these meant to you." Esther went into the shed, put her arm in a vice, and tightened the vice until her arm broke. (The same arm the mother had grabbed.) Then she showed the broken arm to her adoptive father, and asked him to protect her against the adoptive mother. He responded by letting Esther sleep in his bed for the night, and told his wife to sleep on the couch. Discouraged, the wife went to the liquor store and bought some booze. She was very tempted to drink a bottle, but ultimately poured it down the sink. Esther discovered the empty bottle and showed it to her stepfather. Esther also made it look like the mother was responsible for letting her SUV roll down a hill in neutral, while Esther's (very young) stepsister was in the back. (The SUV did roll down the hill in neutral, but the mother wasn't the one who'd put it in neutral.)

That is the kind of girl with whom the Bills have ended up! :angry: If someone like the French foreign exchange student is in your life, that's a big positive! If someone like the shallow blonde is in your life, then that's mediocre. But at least she's pretty. If someone like Esther is in your life, nothing good will come of it! :angry: And if the Bills are in your life, nothing good will come of it either! Esther gave her family nothing but stab wounds and other injuries. The Bills have given their fans W*** R****, the Music City Miracle, and over a decade of no playoffs. :angry:

I've got to go with major league. The following lines from the script are all buffalo: Board Member 1: I've never heard of half of these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime.

Charlie Donovan: Most of these guys never had a prime.

Rachel Phelps: The fact is we lost our two best players to free agency. We haven't won a pennant in over thirty-five years, we haven't placed higher than fourth in the last fifteen. Obviously it's time for some changes.

Right movie wrong scene.

Think the groundskeepers

They're still sh*tty