Vic Carrucci: Bills fans will be pleasantly suprised with Thad Lewis..

Big Turk

Said he got the start in the last game of the year against Pittsburgh, the #1 rated D in the NFL and played pretty well with only a few days notice(2 or 3) to prepare.

Said he was decisive, made good throws and has a good enough arm to make any throw. He said he would not be suprised if he does a lot better than what people expect while Manuel is out.

That brings me to a bigger point: What if Lewis comes in and we go say 4-2 or 5-2 with Manuel out and in the thick of the playoff hunt playing well? Does EJ automatically get his job back? If its like anything else with this staff I would think he would have to wait til Lewis screws up...

Not saying this is going to happen, but it is not out of the question that our run game and D take over and help us win, especially since the D is healthier than its been all year...

Could be an interesting decision Marrone has to make if Lewis plays well

Okay, hear me out...

What if Thad kills it, just nails it for a half, but gets injured. BUT then Jeff Tuel comes in, and KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE PARK!

Then what? Then what should the Bills do?

Should EJ get his job back, Should Thad? Should we trade one of them for 2 first round picks, but keep the other one the starter, while the 3rd develops as the back up.

Lot's of scenarios, and I'm not sure this coaching staff is up to it...

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, hear me out...

What if Thad kills it, just nails it for a half, but gets injured. BUT then Jeff Tuel comes in, and KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE PARK!

Should EJ get his job back, Should Thad? Should we trade one of them for 2 first round picks, but keep the other one the starter, while the 3rd develops as the back up.

I would move one to LG.

Okay, hear me out...

Or what if they pulled elvis out of the stands and he killed it? Or if one of the Jills threw a 50 yard dart to an open receiver during practice? So many possibilities!

Okay, hear me out...

What if every play we run is a reverse WR pass? What if TJ Graham throws 35 TD's Sunday? Then what do we do?

I would move one to LG.

Or what if they pulled elvis out of the stands and he killed it? Or if one of the Jills threw a 50 yard dart to an open receiver during practice? So many possibilities!

What if every play we run is a reverse WR pass? What if TJ Graham throws 35 TD's Sunday? Then what do we do?

Yep, there are many possibilities. I'm pretty sure at least one of them will happen. I mean, no one here just expects Thad to play like a backup, Manuel to get his job back, and the Bills to finish the season somewhere in the middle of the pack, do they?

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

If Lewis plays better than Manuel he should keep the job. I remember a no name guy who came off the bench b/c of injury, played well, & kept the job over the high pedigree starter he came in for. His name was Tom Brady.

the odds though, of a guy who went to duke, then bounced around the league and is on his third team in 10 months (4th since entering the league), was considered even by this staff as safe to put on the practice squad etc.... coming in and being THAT guy are pretty slim.

that said, its not unlikely he could be a decent caretaker.

Personally, I'd love to see a QB controversy. We haven't had one in a long time because everybody s*#%ed.

I'd also like to see the team win some games. Are these redundant?

I am feeling that too, man. Edited by Rockinon

Thanks for posting this. I didn't get to see that game.

What I really like about his performance is that he came in on like three days of practice with a new team, and he let it fly. He had good pocket presence, and I think he did a nice job of running the pistol read option. He made that defense worry about him running the ball.

While he was pretty inaccurate throwing the ball, he seemed to progress through his reads and knew where to with the ball, but just didn't have the practice time to get in synch with the receivers.

I think he makes an IDEAL kind of back-up. He is not the same QB EJ is. He's more of a Russell Wilson type. Not a bad guy to have on your team and perhaps would make a great change of pace guy even when EJ returns.

Go Thaddeus!!