Vic Carrucci: Bills fans will be pleasantly suprised with Thad Lewis..

Big Turk

Said he got the start in the last game of the year against Pittsburgh, the #1 rated D in the NFL and played pretty well with only a few days notice(2 or 3) to prepare.

Said he was decisive, made good throws and has a good enough arm to make any throw. He said he would not be suprised if he does a lot better than what people expect while Manuel is out.

That brings me to a bigger point: What if Lewis comes in and we go say 4-2 or 5-2 with Manuel out and in the thick of the playoff hunt playing well? Does EJ automatically get his job back? If its like anything else with this staff I would think he would have to wait til Lewis screws up...

Not saying this is going to happen, but it is not out of the question that our run game and D take over and help us win, especially since the D is healthier than its been all year...

Could be an interesting decision Marrone has to make if Lewis plays well

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When EJ is healthy he should play to get needed experience. If Thaddeus is good , pay the man accordingly and he'll be a happy backup.

and that is why Buffalo will always suck. Screw EJ, if for some weird reason Thad is better he is the starter period. Tough **** you lost your job to an injury EJ but that is the NFL.

So Thad Lewis is going to go out and perform against a Cincy D who did not allow NE to scoare a TD. Color me skeptical.

I dont think we have to worry about EJ losing hins job.

And if he does then what?

So Thad Lewis is going to go out and perform against a Cincy D who did not allow NE to scoare a TD. Color me skeptical.

I dont think we have to worry about EJ losing hins job.

Brian Hoyer did the week before...Cincinnati is nothing special...

Edited by matter2003

Yes, but the burning question, if Thad Lewis doesn't play well?

Is TL = J(emarcus) R(ussell)?

That's if Thad has problems with reading defenses, since, if you misread a defene 2 times? You are Jemarcus Russell.

Or, is it: Is TL = T(rent) D(ilfer)?

That's if Thad tries to do things that are outside the scope of his athletic ability, especially if he throws a pick off his back foot jumping into the air, while throwing back to the middle of the field from the sidelines, since, if you do that 2 times? You are Trent Dilfer.

Or, is it: Is TL = J(oe) F(erguson)?

If Thad says anything at all about not being able to see the helmets, or being confused because both helmets are white, then he is Joe Ferguson.

:lol:

and that is why Buffalo will always suck. Screw EJ, if for some weird reason Thad is better he is the starter period. Tough **** you lost your job to an injury EJ but that is the NFL.

And if he does then what?

We have a backup? Dont get me wrong I am hoping he throws for 500 YDS and 5 TD's but I am expecting verry little.

good highlight video on youtube of every throw in the steelers game. He seems to have a high motor and very decisive with his reads. He stands in the pocket and also was extending the play. The guy can play. Alot of the completions were over 8 yards. Can also scramble. He should fit the system well and if the defense keeps us in the game, I feel Lewis can win some games. Im worried about the NFL gametime experience. I expect some interceptions because of rust.

I love the optimism, but the guy was on the practice squad and had time to prove he did not belong there. I would absolutely love to see this kid set the world on fire and put up a few TD's a week after the Hateriots (my 7 year old daughter came up with that week 1) could not!

good highlight video on youtube of every throw in the steelers game. He seems to have a high motor and very decisive with his reads. He stands in the pocket and also was extending the play. The guy can play. Alot of the completions were over 8 yards. Can also scramble. He should fit the system well and if the defense keeps us in the game, I feel Lewis can win some games. Im worried about the NFL gametime experience. I expect some interceptions because of rust.

That is what I seen outta the Detroit pre-season game... Very high motor! That might bode well...

Brian Hoyer did the week before...Cincinnati is nothing special...

Cinci beat Brady and Rodgers and lost to Hoyer in between.... U never know!

Funny how it doesn't take long before someone asks the "what if" question.

WHAT IF.... we wait and see how this week goes???

It's a week to week situation unless Thad plays well enough to keep job till EJ is back.. and IF He lights it up... thats a GREAT situation to have and wouldnt be complaining!